ligget and sherwen today

2»

Comments

• petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    Pablojag wrote:
    They couldn't even agree on who was & wasn't a great descender. Describing Menchov as a great bike handler...a man who has been captured falling so many times on his own. Classic!

Menchov has been involved in more spills than BP. Its a widely known fact.
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    Phil was dimissing Sam Sanchez skills whilst actually watching catching up on the descent...and couldn't remember the names of the four up the road at one point. Really, really lame today, as if they'd be drinking all afternoon.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Snorebens wrote:
    Really, really lame today, as if they'd be drinking all afternoon.

They probably had! 8)
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I think Phil didn't think much of Sammy Sanchez on the downhill.
    I thought Sammy Sanchez was a good descender and he almost caught Contador and Shcleck jnr. Hmmm...
    They must have been commentating at altitude yesterday; not enough oxygen.

-Jerry

PS- The Medalaine in 1998

l_53677b05e7084135a8e59c4c96906f2c.jpg
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    Sanchez ran a bit wide on one bend as he was right on the limit and suddenly one of them was saying he's not much of a descender after they'd been commenting how good he was beforehand :lol: He took about 50 seconds back on that descent :shock:
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I'm still reeling form Phil & Paul's 'Lance Love-In' on St 3. Describing how he "loves the cobbles" so much and how he "goes so well on them" over the years. Really? When exactly?!

I do sympathise to a certain extent though, as they are pandering to their audience, which is largely baseball-cap-backwards-wearing, texas-longhorn-hand-gesturing, wristband-sporting, whooping-and-hollering Livestrong disciples from the States. Which is fine - I would expect the Italian, French and Spanish commentators are equally home rider focussed.

Dont you just love a good sterotype.

Don't you just love a good sense of humour.
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    Had a chuckle at the quick change of opinion on Sanchez as well :lol:
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    P.S. I quite like the 'so bad it's good' nature of their commentary 8)
  • Snorebens
    grantus wrote:
    P.S. I quite like the 'so bad it's good' nature of their commentary 8)

I know what you mean but yesterday was bordering on alzheimer's
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    I find it really annoying in that I quite like the ITV coverage and the Gary Imlach bits but really do not like the Phil & Paul commentary.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    SunWuKong wrote:
    I find it really annoying in that I quite like the ITV coverage and the Gary Imlach bits but really do not like the Phil & Paul commentary.

Have to agree with this, the highlights package is really good but the commentary is a bit much sometimes
  • Snorebens
    Cracked up today when Basso was dropping back on the climb to Ax and Liggett said "... and Basso looks cooked. He may have won the Giro but this is the Tour de France" :?
  • The best one i remember from the pair of the whole event was "Vinokourov is a stupid crazy tactician" when he makes a long breakaway. 2-3 stages later on another breakaway "Vinokourov is such a smart rider"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I wish Gary Imlach and Ned Boulting would do the full commentary...