dealing with rogue car drivers

c2c
c2c Posts: 7
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
hi all, i commute to work at varying times due to shift working, but all this week i have mainly been coming home at 6am. just lately a BMW driver has been extracting huge amounts of pleasure by flying past me with nary a hairs breadth to spare. this has caused me to very nearly soil my undergarments. i could change my route i know but i want revenge i want it very very badly. any suggestions..........????
The mighty Bristol City for the Premiership............ One day, maybe one day

Comments

• robz400
    robz400 Posts: 160
    nasty.↲
    Buy a rear view mirror and next time your see him about to pass you leap onto his bonnet climb in through his sunroof and give him a dam good telling off. ↲
    The leap alone should convince him that your a mental and he should steer clear.
  • c2c
    robz400 wrote:
    nasty.↲
    Buy a rear view mirror and next time your see him about to pass you leap onto his bonnet climb in through his sunroof and give him a dam good telling off. ↲
    The leap alone should convince him that your a mental and he should steer clear.

well ill go to the foot of our stairs, i didnt think of that. :)
  • Borrow a helmet cam and turn him in to the rozzers.

At the very least take down his reg and tell the Police he knocked you off. Your word against his and he will get some stress over it.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • flateric
    flateric Posts: 201
    had a guy in a car cut me up going in to a pub car park, no signal just turned across me. in the bar i pointed this out and his response was he doesnt signal to cyclists as they are all c*** and shouldnt be on the road.

He was later pulled over by the cops after an "anonymous" tip off that he was driving pissed.
    Bike one Dawes Acoma (heavily modified)
    Bike two (trek) Lemond Etape (dusty and not ridden much)
    Bike Three Claude Butler chinook, (freebee from
    Freecycle, Being stripped and rebuilt
    (is 3 too many bikes)
  • flateric wrote:
    had a guy in a car cut me up going in to a pub car park, no signal just turned across me. in the bar i pointed this out and his response was he doesnt signal to cyclists as they are all c*** and shouldnt be on the road.

He was later pulled over by the cops after an "anonymous" tip off that he was driving pissed.

I salute you
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • c2c
    Borrow a helmet cam and turn him in to the rozzers.

At the very least take down his reg and tell the Police he knocked you off. Your word against his and he will get some stress over it.

i would but he goes past me at such warp speed that i cannot read it. i have gesticulated at him in the standard, well known, "you are a w***er", approved manner, but that is the extent of my retaliation thus far.

i think what i will end up doing, after speaking with a few of the lads, is drive my car in one day, and aided and abetted by aforementioned "lads" rolling road block the twat and, ahem, give him a good talking to as suggested previously.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    There can't be much going on at 6am.

If you reported it and explained it's happening at the same time in the same sort of place daily then the police might just happen to park up around there waiting for a call instead of parking up somewhere else 8)

Or maybe not :?
  • Dog Breath
    Dog Breath Posts: 314
    Keep an eye open for him, and when he's about 30 yards away, throw a liberal quantity of sharp tacks onto the road behind you. He won't have time to react (or even notice if you do it carefully). Result = 4 flat tyers for the w@nk3r !
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Revenge. Best served cold. Find out where he lives and seduce his wife. :lol:

Have often been tempted to use water balloons and a mirror and lug it at said driver where I know there to be a problem.

seriously though, dont do anything that will get you killed or others.. or damage anyones property. Just aint worth it. If you want to take it seriously then report it to Plod, sadly some forces wont take it seriously until they hit you or get out and assualt you. A crime stoppers online form could be filled in, as could a stopSMIDSY with time and dates and your fears (could be the guy is over the limit and his judgement is screwed)- atleast with these two they can log it and go to those in power and say "this is the story, what are you going to do about it!?"
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Get up a bit earlier, earlier enough to get to the next stopping point e.g. lights, where you can take his reg down, with an accurate description of the car and the driver. Take a photo on your phone, if you can.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • downfader
    cjcp wrote:
    Get up a bit earlier, earlier enough to get to the next stopping point e.g. lights, where you can take his reg down, with an accurate description of the car and the driver. Take a photo on your phone, if you can.

Have done this myself. Standing there pointing a large camcorder at them as they pass seems to have an effect on their behavior and I've seen drivers slow down from unsafe speeds. Perhaps they think I'm a speed trap :wink:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    What part of Brizzle does the idiot claim to own the roads in? Too early for me to be on the roads but always nice to know what idiots to look out for.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Dog Breath wrote:
    Keep an eye open for him, and when he's about 30 yards away, throw a liberal quantity of sharp tacks onto the road behind you. He won't have time to react (or even notice if you do it carefully). Result = 4 flat tyers for the w@nk3r !

I assume you are joking cos that's more likely to result in him losing control and running over and killing the OP which I think is what he's trying to prevent
    FCN = 4
  • downfader
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    Dog Breath wrote:

I assume you are joking cos that's more likely to result in him losing control and running over and killing the OP which I think is what he's trying to prevent

Having once hit a 3 inch screw with the back tyre and having the rear wheel blow out at speed I dont think anyone should throw stuff like that in the road. One of the most frightening experiences of my life - trying to bring a 20mph bike to a stop without crashing. Buckled my rear rim too.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172

Can't quite believe no one has picked this up.

Fabricate a collision, lie to the police, lie in court and try to get a false conviction.

Sounds like a plan.

A sh!t plan, produced by a retard.

Next.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Greg66 wrote:

Fabricate a collision, lie to the police, lie in court and try to get a false conviction.

Sounds like a plan.

Next.
    Greg, you've been awfully grumpy lately.
    Do you have sand in your vagina?
  • downfader
    Greg66 wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

Next.

:lol: Mangina, surely? :lol:
  • Got a car?

Use it for one day to follow him to his place of work. Confront him there and say you'll follow him home one day if he keeps doing it.

Scare the living daylights out of the fucker!

Oh and say you got his number plate and informed several people if anything happens to you, who did it.
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Greg66 wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

Next.

Wasps' nest in my ass. Must be the hot weather.

Tell me that that suggestion was anything other than sub-cretinous. Or that it was tongue in cheek. Because IM (not so) HO, despite some undoubtedly first class stupid posts this week, that one is head and shoulders Stupid Post Of The Week.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • always_tyred
    Greg66 wrote:

Tell me that that suggestion was anything other than sub-cretinous. Or that it was tongue in cheek. Because IM (not so) HO, despite some undoubtedly first class stupid posts this week, that one is head and shoulders Stupid Post Of The Week.
    Well......yes. We can argue about something else though.

What are your thoughts on the coalition so far? I think Nick Clegg is really good. He left the tea bags in for just the right amount of time on Wednesday.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Greg66 wrote:

What are your thoughts on the coalition so far? I think Nick Clegg is really good. He left the tea bags in for just the right amount of time on Wednesday.

I heard that too. But I also heard that he puts too much milk in. He's stopped doing MIF, but he has a p!ss poor knack of filling the cup the brim when he pours the milk.

Poor show, but I never thought he was much of a team player.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • always_tyred
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I heard that too. But I also heard that he puts too much milk in. He's stopped doing MIF, but he has a p!ss poor knack of filling the cup the brim when he pours the milk.

George Osbourne has announced that the budget milk has been skimmed from September 1.
  • Discreet water pistol with brake fluid in it.

As he drives near you fire the water pistol and take the paint off his car.
  • always_tyred
    The Daily Mail will wind this forum and this thread will be front page news.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Teabags? Teabags?

BTW: I've never understood the opposition to MIF, because I think that way it mixes better, and scalds the milk less.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Discreet water pistol with brake fluid in it.

As he drives near you fire the water pistol and take the paint off his car.

Use and old water bottle, surely more discreet than a water pistol :wink: Just make sure you don't mix them up when you need a swig.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • c2c
    redvee wrote:
    What part of Brizzle does the idiot claim to own the roads in? Too early for me to be on the roads but always nice to know what idiots to look out for.

the badminton road, coming out of yate.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    c2c wrote:
    redvee wrote:

the badminton road, coming out of yate.

Nowhere near the Peoples Republic of Stokes Croft thankfully.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

Next.

It was semi tongue in cheek

You abusive Keyboard warrior (tm)

I was waiting for someone to comment on it for my next response but since your comment was just that of an opinionated arsehole I will just return the favour.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    Pogo Stick
  • itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221
    jimmypippa wrote:
    BTW: I've never understood the opposition to MIF
    It's a class thing. If you want to mix with the upper classes, add the milk in last, or prepare to be sneered at. The most common (no pun intended) explanation is that poor quality china might crack if hot tea were poured directly onto it, so milk first would protect the cups.
    because I think that way it mixes better, and scalds the milk less.

I believe the scientific debate about the effect on flavour continues, inconclusively;) But if something is happening to affect the flavour, it probably isn't scalding. Scalding would mean that the temperature difference at the point of contact is so high that the milk cannot conduct heat away from the point of contact quickly enough to prevent the heat changing the nature of the milk. Unless you add the second liquid to the cup in the tiniest of dribbles, the overall ratio of tea to milk should make no difference; if the tea is hot enough to scald, there will be some scalded milk (and the tongue is very sensitive).