guess what i just bought?!?!?

2»

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    that picture isnt my bike.... mine's rather loverly ill have you know.... also, who said i had a 456?!?!?
    and Meesterbond, yes, you are quite right! im def gonna have to get a flexstem and some onza porc's.. and yes, it will ride like crap, but look epic! :lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i wonder why they dont make them like that any more.

there was a time when lots of people thought the nazis were a good idea back in the day.

they were wrong as well.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    i wonder why they dont make them like that any more.

there was a time when lots of people thought the nazis were a good idea back in the day.

they were wrong as well.
    im not saying its any good! dear no! it rides like crap! but it is very retro, is very cool and is a useful runaround. And back when it was new, it was both very desirable and pretty good.

so no dissage.... i wonder how you would cope on Retro bike, there's LOADS of old crap on there, it all rides like crud, but looks rad, and is a i bit dieferent and old. And thats the point.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    but looks rad,
    But it looks like scaffolding, and despite scaffoliding being a very functional use for metal, it is far from "rad."

I don't really get the whole retro thing, old cars, old bikes, old anything really; it just isn't that functional - if it was they'd still be making them now.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Torres wrote:
    but looks rad,
    But it looks like scaffolding, and despite scaffoliding being a very functional use for metal, it is far from "rad."

I don't really get the whole retro thing, old cars, old bikes, old anything really; it just isn't that functional - if it was they'd still be making them now.

so so so so WRONG torres, sometimes retro is ace...
    http://jentjens.com/blog/wp-content/upl ... mspeed.jpg
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    I want DX thumbies again.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    im not saying its any good! dear no! it rides like crap! but it is very retro, is very cool and is a useful runaround.
    Nothing is cool if you have to tell people it's cool.
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    im not saying its any good! dear no! it rides like crap! but it is very retro, is very cool and is a useful runaround.
    Nothing is cool if you have to tell people it's cool.

Case Closed !
    :)
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Torres wrote:
    but looks rad,

so so so so WRONG torres, sometimes retro is ace...
    http://jentjens.com/blog/wp-content/upl ... mspeed.jpg

Ok... you've got me with that one Cheesey :shock: That's nice.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    Thats an ugly bike. I wouldn't even ride to work on that.

IIRC elevated chainstays were to get away from chainsuck?
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3