Fantasy TdeF?

msw
msw Posts: 313
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Apart from the PTP picks is anyone doing a fantasy TdeF? There's one on road.cc that looks quite good and I'm sure there must be others...
"We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Just wondering if there's a BikeRadar mini league on road.cc.

Worth setting one up?
  • msw
    There is now: league ID 1537
  • funkeypunk
    funkeypunk Posts: 19
    Great just joined.

Theres also one here http://www.velogames.com
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    I'm in, I've also joined the VeloCast league on Velo Games
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,484
    Being thick here but how do I join a league that's already set up?

Some strange categorisations on there, EBH not listed in green jersey but Nicholas Roche is. Gesink listed as an all rounder etc. :? Think I got some bargains though :wink:
  • Neil McC
    ^

Click on your team name link in the yellow box then scroll down below your list of riders and there should be a link to join a league

EDIT: yes, some classifications do seem a bit odd. I was looking for Roche under Domestiques for ages! I have him as a Domestique in the VeloGames one.
  • Is there a BikeRadar mini league on Velogames? If so can someone post the league code?
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • Neil McC wrote:
    ^

EDIT: yes, some classifications do seem a bit odd. I was looking for Roche under Domestiques for ages! I have him as a Domestique in the VeloGames one.

I picked Roche as well on velogames:) I put Zabriskie as my wild card, did any body else?
    “To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me. And then only if I'm in a good mood - don't meet me in a bad mood.”
  • Pross
    Thanks, I went back into the site and it was obvious - it wasn't showing up at first. Is Dan Martin not riding? I couldn't find his name there.
  • Pross wrote:
    Thanks, I went back into the site and it was obvious - it wasn't showing up at first. Is Dan Martin not riding? I couldn't find his name there.

Nope, he is not :(
    “To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me. And then only if I'm in a good mood - don't meet me in a bad mood.”
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I'm a little concerned that I didn't manage to spend my whole budget on the road.cc version. Joined the BR league though.

I think my Velogames team is stronger (especially as there's no messing about with transfers on that one)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    There shouldn't be any transfers allowed after the race starts, the proper teams can't bring anyone in - if your rider crashes it's just tough :wink: I'm also slightly "under budget" on the road.cc version. Not enough to get a 'better' sprinter but there were no better options to use the extra credits on.
  • msw
    Velogames league code: 01225710
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    joined the Bike Radar league
  • RichN95.
    msw wrote:

Good stuff. I'm in.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Have joined the minileague on road.cc Good times.
  • The teams in and ready !
  • Neil McC
    msw wrote:

Joined!
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    I'm in .... has anyone NOT got contador and cancellera ?
  • intothe12
    intothe12 Posts: 190
    no cancellera for me....
    best buy of the day.
    - Sylvester SZMYD LIQ 8 points
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    I'm in on velogames (only 7 teams so far??)

Just to make Neil happy I don't have Bertie C, so I expect to come last, unless my strategy of "weakness in depth" pays off.
  • RichN95.
    I'm in .... has anyone NOT got contador and cancellera ?

I haven't gone for Cancellara at all. I've only got Bertie in the road.cc version.
  • msw
    No Contador for me. Basso (and Liquigas generally underpriced?). Does anyone have Evans? I kept thinking about it but just couldn't bring myself to believe it was worth it...
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    I'm in the BR Forum league, "Mikes Yellow Jersey", see you in Paris!
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    I'm in road.cc, bringing up the rear. Not got Contador; will transfer in nearer the mountains
  • msw
    intothe12 wrote:
    best buy of the day.
    - Sylvester SZMYD LIQ 8 points

Yep - him or Brajkovic for me...
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    No Contador for me ;( I only Just managed to squeeze in Andy Schleck :P
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Go to www.cyclingfever.com. They do main comp, stage comp or points comp. And it's free! :D
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • RichN95.
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Go to www.cyclingfever.com. They do main comp, stage comp or points comp. And it's free! :D

I had a look at that one, but frankly it looks too much like hard work. One for the really dedicated who like to tinker with there team every day. I mean, a squad of 25? I just want to pick nine riders and let them get on with it.