Can a mororists insurance company claim against me?

13»

Comments

• Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    It's not always the case for dangerous and especially careless driving/cycling. If an accident has occured and been reported by both parties (both of whom give similar reports), the police can decide that one party is guilty of careless driving and move to prosecute. There does not always need to be video evidence or direct police witness for this type of charge.

Not cycling on the pavement, mate! Unless a copper actually saw it, it wouldn't go to prosecution. It hasn't injured the driver and the police haven't raised charges. It cannot go any further on that account. However, trying to take a claim any further with the insurance company would likely be fruitless.
  • xraymtb
    xraymtb Posts: 121
    Fair enough - I was just trying to make the point that he was riding on the footway which is illegal and which I believe any self respecting adult cyclist shouldnt ever do.
    exercise.png
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Glad to see they've dropped it - probably gonna be more trouble than it's worth to try & claim anything from him re. any damage to bike etc. however i'd be sorely tempted to redecorate the exterior of his house with dog eggs under the cover of darkness. :wink:
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    xraymtb wrote:
    Fair enough - I was just trying to make the point that he was riding on the footway which is illegal and which I believe any self respecting adult cyclist shouldnt ever do.

Maybe, but would you say the same for kids on pull-alongs? Would you take your child on one on city streets?
    Several months ago I was taking my son to school, I was riding my old Marin Muirwoods, with a pull along attached, which my six year old son was sitting/riding on.