Popped My Cherry

2»

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    A bit like that message I sometimes got form the computer, warning that it was running out of memory, and could I shut down any unused applications.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Asprilla wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    200m from the office this morning and some colossal wizard's sleeve decides to step out at the pedestrian crossing outside White City tube whilst my light is green.

is that the automatic word swap function?

Wizard's sleeve (also known as a clown's pocket) is, according to Rodger's Profanasaurus, a particularly capacious sausage wallet.

It's one of my favourite phrases.

One of the finest literary works this country has produced.....

I particularly like the way they give a definition by using yet another euphemism, leading you round a whole trail of awesome phrases....
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I crossed without looking once then ended up on the bonnet of a car - then I decided to have a little lie down on the road.

Then I got up terminator style and walked off (more due to embarrassment than anything else).
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    dancook wrote:
    I was looking at the roadster telsa, electric sports car. It got me thinking, if pedestrians don't look for cyclists because they can't hear the engine noise.. :roll: I wonder if they'll walk on electric sports cars...

Not that I know if they make much noise, but it would serve them right!!!

Saw one of those the other day on the south side of Battersea bridge.

It went like stink, and was practically silent.

Acceleration was weird 'cos it was just so smoooooth, no jolting, just up to 30 in about half a second.

People who drive electric cars are going to have to learn to drive all over again (unless they are/were previously a cyclist of course who are well used to dealing with people who only use their ears when stepping into the carriageway)
  • rml380z
    rml380z Posts: 244
    WesternWay wrote:
    The headline at www.bbc.co.uk is "Tech Trance - How dangerous is it to walk and talk...

This even annoys me when I'm a pedestrian and you get some oblivious texter wandering along, just expecting everyone to get out of their way. I'm always tempted to crouch down in front of them, pretending to tie my shoelace, and let them trip right over me.