General well-being

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
Morning fellas/ ladies,

Can anyone recommend anything they take on a regular basis / daily to keep the spring in their step & a bit more ooommpph (not in the blue pill sense) !! I have been a little jaded recently & hit a plateau training. I take a vitamin b tablet (effervescent) daily which is supposed to help, maybe i've gotten used to it? I've tried ginseng in the past as well, just wondered if there is a "wonder" supplement that anyone has come across?

Thanks in advance :)
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• sods_law
    sods_law Posts: 161
    I don't think any drug is a substitute for natural health?

I would have a check of your diet, make sure its healthy and balanced (seek advice if you have a specific goal), take a few days off training, get some good rest, then start again feeling fresh?
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Same as sods_law, diet. After my experiment with veggiism I struggled to describe the odd way that I felt. I eventually realised that it was a generall feeling of physical wellbeing. So I'd suggest plenty of fruit and veg, fewer pies and less meat.

Supplements are all very well, but they're no substitute for plenty of the real thing.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • sufficient fluids.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Similar to above... Good diet, good recovery, take extra rest if needed...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • evilollie
    evilollie Posts: 148
    you talking pre-workout boost, anything with arginine in it will help

im not saying use this , as im not sure how it would equate on a bike , but in the gym "jack3d" is a pre workout booster alot of guys use.. its a supplement however has a stimulant effect
  • evilollie
    evilollie Posts: 148
    beta alanine is something that might help you also
  • I take multi-vitamins (currently with iron) and some cod liver oil, seems to do the trick. I'm generally pretty robust anyway and maintain a good diet. Also take chewable vitamin C once a day.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Saw a nutritionist (Barry at www.optimumnutrition4sport) and it has transformed my life, I kid you not!

No energy slumps, More energy, Weight (fat) loss, (Incredibly) Improved training and race results.

Highly recommended.
  • shedhead
    shedhead Posts: 367
    Hi fellas,

thanks for your replies. I'm not after a wonder drug, i just wondered if there was a general supplememnt out there that anyone thought, wow, that's great. I do have a fairly good diet although i'm no racing snake (6'2" & 87 kg) although i am naturally heavily muscled & used to play semi-pro football (so have bloody big legs which i find a pain in the arse getting jeans for) before turning towards the light (cycling).

Nap d, i've read your comments on previous topics about barry & i think i'll give it a whirl. I've been reading an interesting book called "racing weight", but i'm a designer & it fuddles my simple brain!!!!!!!

:oops:
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.