I can't believe how much I'm eating!

2»

Comments

• garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I'm currently 50, 12.5st, 6ft tall.

I used to be able to eat pretty much whatever I liked when I was younger (I can remember eating 2x pie, beans and chips in the pub once, that impressed all the girls!) and I could still get into my 28inch waist jeans without any problem.

By my mid thirties I was up to 30-32inches. Then I spent a few bad years where I did no excersice at all, the olny difference being I put on wieght, this wouldn't have happend 10 years previously . In my late 40s I had to buy a pair of jeans with a 36in waist. Things had to change.

Last month I got back down to 32in and I feel much better. The older you get the harder it is to shift the excess pounds, but you can still do it. I've not been on any special diets, just eating good fresh food and plenty of cycling.

I keep the 36in jeans (with a belt) for gardening, it's a good reminder not to let it happen again.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    One of my kids works in Morrisons.
    2 days ago, he brought home some choccy covered cornflake thingy's,
    last night it was choccy muffins, with lumps of choccy inside.

Got down from 13st 5lb at Christmas to 12st 7lb last week.

Gota be strong...Gota be strong...Gota be strong...
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    being described as a vacuum always raises a smile :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    The former Mrs EKE couldn't believe how much I ate without putting on any weight. She was a couch potato who knew her way around a take-away menu better than she knew her way around a bike. I tried without success to get her on a bike for a year.

I told her during one of her many fad diets that there are four ways of losing weight:
    1: Eat less if you are doing the same amount of phyical activity.
    2. Increase the amount of physical activity you do if you are eating the same amount.
    3. A combination of eating less and being more physically active.
    4. Have some sort of lard reducing surgery.

She would just reach for another menu and her phone and mutter some rubbish about starting next week.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I lied, she once test rode a shopping bike in Decathalon and gushed about how good it was. Never bought it though.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Mossrider
    Mossrider Posts: 226
    I'm 44 and do a 56 mile round commute (more if it's a nivce evening) taking in a good stretch of the Pennines twice a week. I eat whatever I feel like - usually lunch / daytime snacks are a full malt loaf (large size with butter), several banana's, 2x jacket potato, beans + cheese, belgian bun, kit kat and an entire packet of fig rolls (saving a couple for the route back). If we have any conferences on then I also get to sweep up the left-overs....Tea today (being Friday) will be a generous fish and chips (actually I'd prefer somthing less fatty, but the other half....)

Last year I went on holiday the day after doing the Etape du Dales. On the ferry there was an excellent restaurant that served as much as you can eat - they were wondering what had hit them after I'd worked my way through their offerings! Likewise the breakfast buffet at the excellent Dutch hotel we were staying at. I must have spent three or four days just eating, eating eating...

My summer weight is consistantly under 12 st and as said - I'm 44 and 5'10. I suspect genetics helped up until a few years ago, but its definitely the cycling that keeps the weight off now.
  • Mossrider
    Mossrider Posts: 226
    I'm 44 and do a 56 mile round commute (more if it's a nivce evening) taking in a good stretch of the Pennines twice a week. I eat whatever I feel like - usually lunch / daytime snacks are a full malt loaf (large size with butter), several banana's, 2x jacket potato, beans + cheese, belgian bun, kit kat and an entire packet of fig rolls (saving a couple for the route back). If we have any conferences on then I also get to sweep up the left-overs....Tea today (being Friday) will be a generous fish and chips (actually I'd prefer somthing less fatty, but the other half....)

Last year I went on holiday the day after doing the Etape du Dales. On the ferry there was an excellent restaurant that served as much as you can eat - they were wondering what had hit them after I'd worked my way through their offerings! Likewise the breakfast buffet at the excellent Dutch hotel we were staying at. I must have spent three or four days just eating, eating eating...

My summer weight is consistantly under 12 st and as said - I'm 44 and 5'10. I suspect genetics helped up until a few years ago, but its definitely the cycling that keeps the weight off now.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I'm 27 5'11 13 and a bit stone, have to be really careful about what I eat despite a 40 mile a day 5 days a week commute.

Barsteward the lot of ye (not you wanda you're ok you are :D )
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    My colleagues suggested I go on supersize vs superskinny because the large person might put on weight with my diet.

I'm not that small really (37 and 31" waist and about 11-stone).

Of course, compared to people doing proper physical work about 50-years ago, I am pretty idle.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I have a piece of carrot cake.

I plan to eat it.

:D
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I have a piece of carrot cake.

I plan to eat it.

:D

Made chocolate roulade lase weekend (excuse was that my daughter had come back from her year-6 residential week)

6oz plain chocolate (70%)
    5-eggs
    6oz caster sugar
    6oz double cream for the filling
    Icing sugar to dust

Bascially a cooked chocolate mousse - It looks good, tastes better, and is pretty quick to make.