FreeMason Protestor - Parliament Sq

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Porgy wrote:
    Nice distraction technique by the way - this is not about me being wound up or not.

I did say 'anyone' right? I didn't say I was talking about just you? I mean, I have been sitting in the sun drinking wine... maybe my brain's fallen out. But I'm sure I did say 'anyone' not 'porgy'.

Oh good. I did.

:P
  • lost_in_thought
    spen666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Who exactly are this mythical PC brigade anyway?

You can get in tough with them by dialling 999.

and if I only want to get soft with them? :D

Oooooh I wouldn't do that. You never know what might happen.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    edited June 2010
    Porgy wrote:
    Nice distraction technique by the way - this is not about me being wound up or not.

I did say 'anyone' right? I didn't say I was talking about just you? I mean, I have been sitting in the sun drinking wine... maybe my brain's fallen out. But I'm sure I did say 'anyone' not 'porgy'.

Oh good. I did.

So why are you posting on here?

And spen - tell me - how come you avoided the word "nigger" - isn't it descriptive enough for you?
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    [quote="spen666" Erm i've not tried to tell DDD what is offensive to him.

Why make up false accusations?

Ok, by attempting to justify your use of a term he CLEARLY finds offensive as an acceptable racial "descriptor" i'd say you were... hang on - DDD, do you feel Spen666 is telling you what terms you should & shouldn't be offended by?

Here's a nice pic of a BNP councillor enjoying the sunshine - legitimate beahviour?

_47851972_batkin6.jpg
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • lost_in_thought
    Porgy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

Oh good. I did.

So why are you posting on here?

I'm killing time until half 3 when I'm going home.

If that's alright with you.

Can I say home? Oooooh what about 'killing time'? Is that offensive?

Can't be too careful.
  • Porgy
    Anyway - distractions aside. Spen - how come you didn;t use the word "nigger"?

You haven't answered yet - I'm fascinated to know.
  • lost_in_thought
    Actually, none of those words were adjectives. I should be fine.

What if I'd said 'my brick house'?

That would have really kicked the hornet's nest.... I mean, brick, goodness me.
  • @Porgy - why does Spen need to apologise? If anyone should it is DDD for calling him a prick. Up to that point it had all been fairly constructive.
  • Porgy

what about nigger?
  • lost_in_thought
    Porgy wrote:

what about nigger?

Tchah, come on, you're a fan of Chomsky and therefore really ought to know that that's a noun. :roll:

Niggardly, now that's an adjective.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    spen666 wrote:
    Strange you don't take DDD and others to task over their ancestory which was quoted long before i mentioned mine. Now, why is that?
    Hey I'm not doubting your ancestry at all. And I'm sure you're proud.

You seem to be implying that your ancestry gives your opinion on race more validity. My opinion on the matter (and others may not share this) is that by even just thinking your ancestry holds any weight while you and your relatives look to most people to be white, you've missed the point. Again, this is my personal opinion, but race has a significantly different relevance to someone in this country if they're viewed to be non-white. Its not about the colour of the skin per se, its about being viewed as different from the norm. Its about experiencing prejudice (good or bad) on a daily basis because of your skin colour, the amount of kink in your hair, your accent, your facial features etc....

Now I'm guilty of using prejudice and assumption here with my comment about your ancestry. I'm assuming that you've not experienced the above by looking at your photograph. Its not about your ancestry, its about how you and those close to you look and behave. I felt that because you didn't appear to understand this, that you missed the point. Especially if you're using your ancestry as a figleaf in a debate about racial prejudice, and then go on to defend the BNP.

I hope I've put my opinion across clearly because I'm not trying to insult you or pick a fight. If you don't understand the above there isn't much else for us to discuss :P
  • Porgy
    @Porgy - why does Spen need to apologise? If anyone should it is DDD for calling him a prick. Up to that point it had all been fairly constructive.

I think DDD was being remarkably restrained - any way spen said that words don;t matter - we can call people what we like. I called him a c*nt.
  • woodford2barbican
    woodford2barbican Posts: 1,505
    edited June 2010
    Porgy wrote:

Daring to speak for Spen I suspect he did not use nigger as he knows that is offensive.

Personally I think you are all missing the point, which is that there was no need for any description of the protestor, other than perhaps Loony.

"Anyone know anything about the coloured gentleman who regularly protests in parliament square with placards alleging freemasons killed various named people- some of whom appear to be Freemasons. "

or

"Anyone know anything about the loony gentleman who regularly protests in parliament square with placards alleging freemasons killed various named people- some of whom appear to be Freemasons. "

or

"Anyone know anything about the gentleman who regularly protests in parliament square with placards alleging freemasons killed various named people- some of whom appear to be Freemasons. "
  • Porgy
    Porgy wrote:

Daring to speak for Spen I suspect he did not use nigger as he knows that is offensive.

Yes - I am waiting for him to say that - as it would undermine his argument about use of the word "coloured" - still he hasn't said that yet - so i have to assume form his previous statements that he's relaxed about the use of the "n" word.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    mcj78 wrote:

Ok, by attempting to justify your use of a term he CLEARLY finds offensive as an acceptable racial "descriptor" i'd say you were... hang on - DDD, do you feel Spen666 is telling you what terms you should & shouldn't be offended by?

Here's a nice pic of a BNP councillor enjoying the sunshine - legitimate beahviour?

_47851972_batkin6.jpg

perfectly legitimate as the law currently stands, and long may it so stand.

Not pleasant, but freedm of speech entails allowing those whose views you do not like having the right to freedom of speech
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • anyone else not interested in football?
  • spen666
    anyone else not interested in football?
    I find that term offensive as I have an ancestor who lost a foot or was it a ball.........

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666
    so back on track, what is someone from an undisclosed origin, of an unspecified gender and sexual orientation doing in an unspecified location protesting about an unspecified thing?

Twittering @spen_666
  • Porgy
    spen666 wrote:
    mcj78 wrote:

_47851972_batkin6.jpg

Not pleasant, but freedm of speech entails allowing those whose views you do not like having the right to freedom of speech

you speak as if the law is the only arbiter of what is legitimate. It isn't. it cannot be as the law is constantly changing due to various other forces - and these other forces - including public decency and morality move far faster than the law and cannot be corrupted behind close doors . It is against the public baromoter of what is reasonable and decent that the BNP fails.

It is legal, but illegitimate.
  • Porgy
    spen666 wrote:
    so back on track, what is someone from an undisclosed origin, of an unspecified gender and sexual orientation doing in an unspecified location protesting about an unspecified thing?

you mean a nigger?
  • Porgy
    spen666 wrote:
    anyone else not interested in football?
    I find that term offensive as I have an ancestor who lost a foot or was it a ball.........

my god - you are truly a moron - let this statement stand as testament to that fact.
  • spen666
    Porgy wrote:

you speak as if the law is the only arbiter of what is legitimate. It isn't. it cannot be as the law is constantly changing due to various other forces - and these other forces - including public decency and morality move far faster than the law and cannot be corrupted behind close doors . It is against the public baromoter of what is reasonable and decent that the BNP fails.

and of course the public barometer never changes does it?

Seems you've discharged that firearm into your foot again there with that argument

Twittering @spen_666
  • Porgy
    spen666 wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

Seems you've discharged that firearm into your foot again there with that argument

It changes and the law lags behind. Ans in some cases the law is an ass - I'm sure you've heard that expression before.

Before you go on any more go and ask the Asian people who live in Plumstead and Bexley if they think the BNP are legitimate?

And why didn;t you use the word "nigger"?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    @Porgy - why does Spen need to apologise? If anyone should it is DDD for calling him a prick. Up to that point it had all been fairly constructive.

Why should I apologise? According to Spen666 if he should find it offensive then it is his problem.

See here:
    spen666 wrote:
    If you find it offensive, that is your problem
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Porgy
    edited June 2010
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Why should I apologise? According to Spen666 if he should find it offensive then it is his problem.

See here:
    spen666 wrote:

Ha ha - good one DDD

aside - is it half time then?
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    spen666 wrote:
    _47851972_batkin6.jpg

Ahhhh, now I get it... knowlingly using terminology deemed offensive by others then defending it as "freedom of speech" - genius!
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • spen666
    Porgy wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

It changes and the law lags behind. Ans in some cases the law is an ass - I'm sure you've heard that expression before.

Before you go on any more go and ask the Asian people who live in Plumstead and Bexley if they think the BNP are legitimate?

And why didn;t you use the word "nigger"?

Bit like asking morotists if cyclists are legitimate road users

or asking hunt sabboteurs if drag hunting etc is legitimate

Why limit your sample to those who will give you the answer you want rather than the public at large?

Twittering @spen_666
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited June 2010
    Spen666 wrote:
    Stop trying to bully people into using your approved words. If you find it offensive, that is your problem.

Isn't this you trying to bully me from expressing my view that your choice of words is offensive?
    Spen666 wrote:
    do understand why you find the word offensive. I have never suggested I do not understand why you find it offensive.

The fact that I do not support your view that the word is offensive is completely different from a lack of willingness to understand why the word causes offense.

Basically I am to accept your use of an offensive word. You understand how and why the word is offensive but will continue to use it because you do not support my rational as to why the word is offensive. This is your logic.

So you feel that people who use racial slurs to identify other ethnicities are justified because they do not support the view that the word is offense? Again this is your logic.

So, you are a monumental f*cking c*nt, you prick faced ars*hole. And you know what, I know those words are offensive, I know why they are offensive. If you find them offensive, I guess by your logic its your problem. After all I do not support your view that the word is offensive because to me that is what you are.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    spen666 wrote:
    or asking hunt sabboteurs if drag hunting etc is legitimate

From this (inactive for a long time) sab, the answer would be yes on this one
  • spen666
    DonDaddyD wrote:

See here:
    spen666 wrote:

Except of course, you have only quoted part of what I have said and taken it out of context

I talked about someone using a word or phrase with no offensive intention. In those circumstances if you twist something said with no offense intended to be offensive to you, then it is your problem.

That is different from saying something deliberately to be offensive.

However, sticks and stones......

Twittering @spen_666