FreeMason Protestor - Parliament Sq

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited July 2010 in Commuting chat
Anyone know anything about the coloured gentleman who regularly protests in parliament square with placards alleging freemasons killed various named people- some of whom appear to be Freemasons.

He also sometimes stands with the placards in Manor Park in East London.

He seems to spend a lot of time on these protests.
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    nowt better to do it seems.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • spen666
    He seems from appearances to be well dressed and not your usual protestor.

I wondered if anyone knew anything about why he has such a zeal about the Freemasons

Twittering @spen_666
  • night_porter
    night_porter Posts: 888
    Maybe he once got banned from the Freemasons Arms

Now has to go to the Queens Head or the Red Lion?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Should imagine he is a nut.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:

That's what they want you to think.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    spen666 wrote:
    He seems from appearances to be well dressed and not your usual protestor.

I wondered if anyone knew anything about why he has such a zeal about the Freemasons

maybe he is a boundmason?

:D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dhope wrote:

That's what they want you to think.

Then they've done a fine job, along with the preaching nut around Oxford Street :)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    spen666 wrote:
    coloured gentleman

If he was green, he's probably a Martian, which could explain his odd behaviour.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,356
    J R Hartley couldn't have cast that bait any better

Chapeau
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    spen666 wrote:
    Anyone know anything about the coloured gentleman who regularly protests in parliament square with placards alleging freemasons killed various named people- some of whom appear to be Freemasons.

No, but thank you for bringing him to our attention. He will not be troubling you, or indeed anyone else, again.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Go chat to him Spen, I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you alllllllllllll about it! :D
  • spen666
    Go chat to him Spen, I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you alllllllllllll about it! :D
    That's why I've avoided speaking to him.

I's like a 2 sentence explanation of it - not 2 hours worth.

I'll get the boys from the Grand Temple to deal with him

Twittering @spen_666
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Agent57 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    coloured gentleman

If he was green, he's probably a Martian, which could explain his odd behaviour.

LOL :lol:

so, Spen, what colour was he?
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    spen666 wrote:
    That's why I've avoided speaking to him.

I's like a 2 sentence explanation of it - not 2 hours worth.

I'll get the boys from the Grand Temple to deal with him

Send your secretary to chat with him and get her to do a summary for you.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Porgy wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    coloured gentleman

LOL :lol:

so, Spen, what colour was he?
    cs-BlueManGroup15-Atlanta82403.JPG
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Wow - used to see him near Monument all the time, wondered where he had got to!
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Canny Jock wrote:
    Wow - used to see him near Monument all the time, wondered where he had got to!

Me too. Has he bought a megaphone yet or is he still cupping his hand to form a rudimentary one? S'true! :D
  • The word "coloured" is used by those too ignorant to recognise the offence it causes.

Or by racists.
  • Says who? You?
  • Says who? You?

I can't believe there are still people who use derogatory words and deny any possible offence....

Using the word is reducing people to a colour, rather than a person...

It was seen as a offensive term back the 50's when you had a street fountain for "Whites" and then a much dirtier one "For Coloureds".

It is more ignorant than insulting to use the word colored. When directed at a black person, it recalls a time when blacks were considered less than others were. Most people who use this word are simply ignorant, and should know that this word sends chills down the back of many black people like using the phrase "half caste", for obvious reasons, or "nigger".
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    coloured is racist now? :roll:
  • spen666
    amnezia wrote:

Yes apparently- describing someone to identify them from other protestors is apprently racist.

Don't worry, give it a few years and the term black will be racist and we will have to use coloured again.

BTW the coloured male was there again this morning putting up his placards about the freemasons killing various people. He is not part of the other protests in parliament square and seems to have little contact with the other groups

Twittering @spen_666
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    For a start, it's just good manners to refer to people in whatever way that they prefer. Secondly, names always tend to accrue additional 'meanings' from historical usage - 'skinhead' tends to imply a far-right thug, when at a basic level it just means someone with a shaved head. 'Coloured' has particular negative historical associations for black people, however you intend the word to be interpreted, so just show some sensitivity.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • spen666 wrote:
    amnezia wrote:

Yes apparently- describing someone to identify them from other protestors is apprently racist.

Don't worry, give it a few years and the term black will be racist and we will have to use coloured again.

BTW the coloured male was there again this morning putting up his placards about the freemasons killing various people. He is not part of the other protests in parliament square and seems to have little contact with the other groups

Fundamentally the skin tone of this man is irrelevant to the original question - on reading your original post I did wonder why it was necessary to mention it.

Is it because you see a 'coloured' person and not a person?

I am not trolling. It is a legitmate question.

I don't want to / won't debate it with you either, it is a question for you to consider.
  • Agent57
    this word sends chills down the back of many black people like using the phrase "half caste", for obvious reasons

I don't find half-caste particularly offensive. It certainly wouldn't send chills down my back. I'm not keen on being called a jungle bunny or Paki though. :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,356
    Get the keep net ready

They're biting
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Get the keep net ready

They're biting

+1.

Spen666 is a prick.

He knows the word has historic offensive connotations. He is probably writing it to make some pathetic point. Why even bother.

Yes I don't object to stating the ethnicity of the person when detailing a story but the words I used, such as black, white, mixed race etc don't have their origins rooted in offense.
    Agent57 wrote:
    I don't find half-caste particularly offensive. It certainly wouldn't send chills down my back. I'm not keen on being called a jungle bunny or Paki though.

Actually I know some mixed race people that would physically harm you for calling them that. Its just as offensive/racist as calling someone the other words you typed.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Agent57
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Actually I know some mixed race people that would physically harm you for calling them that. Its just as offensive/racist as calling someone the other words you typed.

I suppose it depends on the individual's experiences. I'm mixed race (Indian & Chinese on my dad's side, via Guyana & Trinidad), and don't have a problem with it. In fact, I'm willing to describe myself as a half-caste. But as I said before, I do have a problem with the others.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    It's about knowing more than what the word means, its about understanding where it comes from:
    From Wiki,
    Half-caste (or often mis-spelt half-cast) is a term used to describe people of mixed race or ethnicity. Caste comes from the Latin castus, meaning pure, and the dervative Portuguese and Spanish casta, meaning race. The term originates from the Indian caste system, where a person of 'lesser' or half-caste would be deemed to be of a 'lower class'. While the origins of the term are derogatory, its usage has evolved to give it the more objective meaning described above.

In Australia the term is thoroughly offensive, and was used in the past to describe Indigenous people of mixed racial parentage. The term "Aboriginal" or "Indigenous" in the Australian context no longer requires that a person described by such a term has a minimum proportion of Indigenous heritage. Terms such as "half-caste" or "part-Aboriginal" are no longer used.

Half caste is a term used in the United Kingdom (although no longer used in common parlance) and other English-speaking parts of the world. An example is a child of black African and white European parentage. The term mulatto (from Spanish "Mulato") has also been used for this particular mixture. Both terms are considered impolite and potentially offensive in the U.S., as the words have been used pejoratively in the past to ostracize and isolate the offspring of such unions. For example, "children of the plantation" (the children of African-American slaves and their European-American masters in the U.S. Southern states) were not accepted as heirs, and in most cases, the relationship was never acknowledged, and "half-caste" conveyed the deliberate exclusion.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Agent57 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I suppose it depends on the individual's experiences. I'm mixed race (Indian & Chinese on my dad's side, via Guyana & Trinidad), and don't have a problem with it. In fact, I'm willing to describe myself as a half-caste. But as I said before, I do have a problem with the others.

+1 I describe myself as half-caste. I'm proud of it. Context and individual experience is everything though.