Hardtail with flat pedals?

2»

Comments

• CavemanDavvy
    CavemanDavvy Posts: 121
    just recieved my v8 copys from crc and had 10% discount aswell. so got them for £10.50. I only wanted to use them for once at bike radar live as i want to demo a bike so it is easier then replacing pedals all the time. next time i go out im using them just ton give them a try.

As for quallity i assume the dmr are better. the copys axel is slightly rough. How do i grease the axel up, and how do i take the end cap off the wellgos as there is not a screw. do you just pop them off with a screw driver or something.

But for £10 u cant go wrong. orderd a yellow pair for my friend aswell as they where cheap.
  • did you get your 4% topcashback as well ?

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • largephil
    largephil Posts: 358
    Question on the through pins. If the pin is damaged (bent or bashed in threads) wont that make them more dificult to remove? If you have to un-screw a damaged pin through an ally pedal body wou will make a right mess on the threads in the pedal. Surely the grub screw pins in the blind holes are a better option as the threads in the pedal are protected by the pin. :roll:
  • largephil
    largephil Posts: 358
    How do i grease the axel up, and how do i take the end cap off the wellgos as there is not a screw. do you just pop them off with a screw driver or something.

V8's have a small grub screw near the axle on the pedal body. Unscrew that grub screw and you can pack out the pedal with grease. I used to top mine up every few months or so.
  • CavemanDavvy
    CavemanDavvy Posts: 121
    just fitted them to my bike, look great. stood on them and trackstanded and rode around the back garden and have way better grip then my old ones.

it doesnt feel as if my foot will slip off at all. great buy for £10.

real test will be on the weekend.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    asdfhjkl wrote:
    Good pedals help, but technique makes a whole lot more difference.
    THIS

Oh, and also, don't sit on the saddle during rough sections.
  • hbrashaw
    hbrashaw Posts: 286
    Yes :D

If you are doing XC and light XC trail then run cllips.

Freeride/AM run flats
  • Anonymous
    hbrashaw wrote:
    Yes :D

If you are doing XC and light XC trail then run cllips.

Freeride/AM run flats
    Load of bollorks - run whatever you prefer.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Load of bollorks - run whatever you prefer.

I agree with this. Though I'd say it with more words obviously :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    I think I'm going to start recommending that all riders use toe clips all the time, regardless of their requirements. Given the number of people who blanket recommend one or t'other of clips or flats that way, I want in with a third way. Mcgee, you with me?
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Anonymous
    er, no. Not even remotely. Why would I just blanket reccomend anything? (you seem to have missed my point by quite a remarkable margin)
  • bike-a-swan
    I'm not doing well on the sarcasm in text form tonight. I was going for the 'parody someone else's point but make it look silly' approach. Ah well, better luck next time...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    We went riding with a girl who used toeclips last year, round kirroughtree black. Used them on mcmoab and everything. ****ing mental frankly :lol: But she lived.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    I'm not doing well on the sarcasm in text form tonight. I was going for the 'parody someone else's point but make it look silly' approach. Ah well, better luck next time...
    If you want to parody something, it helps if you understand it first. Not being an air headed small minded prat helps too.
  • bike-a-swan
    Used to use them on the roadie all the time, had another go recently and had a fair few closeish moments. I do know a few riders who use them off road, but that doesn't appeal to me at all!