Comments

• leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Nice bike mate.. :P
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    White Line wrote:
    In conclusion, the stock Fizik saddle is the worst thing ever and should be changed for an SLR. :wink:

Hmmm... sounds like good advice. Of course muppet-boy here just went out and bought a nice wee Fizik clip-in saddle bag, doh! :oops:

I'm sure there must be a decent Fizik out there, tho' the bag was only 12 notes mind. :idea: Will visit LBS tomorrow and see what they have.

Update - was seduced by a nice shiny SLR Gel Flow Team Edition saddle, so will try that out this weekend on a 75-mile hoof thru' the Trossachs and let you know if I can still feel the undercarriage afterwards :D Liking the 30-day returns policy as well - if the saddle and my bum don't make pals this weekend I can get my money back! :twisted:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Updated picture. New things/changes: Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow saddle, some blue chainring bolts, better fitting saddle and bar positions. Oh, and some crash damage on the non-drive side of the front wheel's braking surface. :oops:

ocpfinv2.png
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Looks fabulous. 8)

I've ordered the same saddle. That "thing" they supplied it with is nearly as bad as the Selle Italia Aliante my Izoard came with, even worse in the sense that it creaks progressively the more you ride it as well as being damn right uncomfortable.
    It had been quiet when I rode the 7 miles home from the LBS on Saturday, became noticeable on Sunday's 40 miler and this morning I gave up after 12 miles as pedalling seated was getting on my t!ts.

Hope Hudz do get around to sorting a 6700 version out. I'll likely stay with black hoods and tape for fall and over the winter now but, come spring, and maybe some better wheels, I might pimp mine up a bit more.
  • White Line
    I think I seen a bike on here where the guy managed to get the 7900 Hüdz to fit on the 6700 levers. Maybe worth a try?

Sorely tempted by those Veloflex tyres now. They suit the CAAD9 rather well.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Ahhhhhh the blue bar tape, gets me every time that does :lol:
  • leeroy72
    Love the bling chainring bolts.....How do find the SLK chainset white line??
  • White Line
    It's good. Not really had much to compare it to, but it hasn't caused me any problems. It's much better than the chainset on my other bike anyway. The shift ramps just work - no hesitation. The chain just goes up when you tell it, and I don't need to ease off nearly as much as I do with the other bike.

The only little niggle I have with it is that when you take the chain off and spin the cranks, they stop pretty quickly.

Despite not having any problems with it I will probably end up selling it when I bother to change to to 52/39. Finding anything but 50/34 in 110BCD seems a right pain.
  • leeroy72
    Well, if you are looking for the exact same chainset in 52x39 I have one spare that I have removed from my Cube if you are interested??

I passed a Caad9 in Ramsbottom near Bury last night and I really like them....what makes them a special ride????
  • Skippy2309
    Skippy2309 Posts: 426
    took mine out for a spin (only 20miles), I think i have broke the saddle!!

it now has an evident flex in the middle which caused a bit of pain for the last portion. it was like sitting on a point as the middle flexed so much it meant I was balancing on that little bit of meat behind your nuts :shock: i had to keep standing up to relieve the pressure.

I think the saddle will be going on the bay soon and something else will be coming to replace it.
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • Jimbo.
    Jimbo. Posts: 124
    I had a similar thing with my setup (CAAD9 + Selle Italia SLR). I found that tilting it forward ever-so-slightly (a couple of degrees) helped massively.