Emiliana the CAAD9 - Updated photo 2/8/10

White Line
White Line Posts: 887
edited August 2010 in Your road bikes
Hello! My name's Emiliana. I was born on 5/6/10 and weigh 17lb.

Updated photo on page two.

ocpfincopy.png
    Frame: Cannondale CAAD9 BB30 56cm Forks: Cannondale Premium Full Carbon with alloy dropouts Bars: FSA Omega Compact 31.8mm 42cm Stem: FSA ST-OS-150 LX 31.8mm 110mm Headset: Cane Creek IS24 1.125" Bar Tape: Fizik Microtex in metallic blue Front Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Front Caliper: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Rear Caliper: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Cables: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Saddle: Fizik Pavé CX Sport Seat Post: FSA 250 SBS 27.2mm 350mm Seat Post Clamp: Cannondale Cranks: FSA SL-K Light Carbon BB30 110BCD 172.5mm Chainring(s): FSA 50/34 Chain: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 6700 12-25 Pedals: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30 Front Wheel: Mavic Ksyrium SL Rim: Mavic Ksyrium SL Spokes: Mavic Ksyrium SL Hub: Mavic Ksyrium SL Tube: Bontrager Tire: Michelin Pro 3 Race Service Course in race blue Back Wheel: Mavic Ksyrium SL Rim: Mavic Ksyrium SL Spokes: Mavic Ksyrium SL Hub: Mavic Ksyrium SL Tube:Bontrager Tire: Michelin Pro 3 Race Service Course in race blue Accessories: Garmin Edge 705 with cadence sensor Two Elite Custom Race bottle cages in acid green Generic carbon spacers Bit of red electrical tape on seat post to mark height

Weight: ~17lb (~8Kg)

Other info: I'm planning on changing the saddle soon if I don't begin to get along with it in the next few days. Probably a Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow in blue. Planning on changing the seat post to a Thompson Elite with zero setback - reckon I'd get away with a 250mm. Thinking about getting some Salsa skewers and seat post collar. And once they wear out, the pads will be changed for Kool Stop Salmons, and the cassette for an Ultegra 6700 11-23. After that I don't know ... aero wheels I guess. Oh, and some Hüdz when they release a 6700 version - colour is still undecided.

Deda Dog Fang is on its way after I dropped the chain like the moron I am. :roll:

Cheers. 8)

Comments

• daveclow
    daveclow Posts: 164
    absolutely delicious!
  • wilko193
    wilko193 Posts: 89
    I knew there was a reason they did the Michelins in blue :D

Also loving the sofa photoshoot set up - might just have inspired me....................
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
    Viper Carbon Lite 2008 Custom Build
  • White Line
    Aye, they match the shade of blue surprisingly well! :D Can't be an accident. The Schwalbe Luganos it came with are now perfectly matching the blue Deda tape on my bad weather bike. Meant to be I guess ...

On top of the sofa was the best I could find. There aren't any white walls/garage doors within a good 5 mile radius that aren't covered in graffiti. :roll: I had to photoshop this a wee bit as well, to remove a hook on the wall that a painting hangs on, and to sharpen it up a bit. What a tart!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That looks freakin' awesome!

Love the bockle cages :o

Wish someone would hurry up and buy my Litespeed :c
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    So you're finally gonna get a CAAD9 NapoleonD?

Best looking Liquigas Cannondale i've seen yet btw White Line.
  • Anonymous
    Only if the Litespeed goes...

Want to replace it with a CAAD9 and a good camera...
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Every colour in the rainbow, but hey it looks terrific. Frantically takes notes for upgrade of own CAAD9.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Anonymous
    I really like the top of the couch shot. Bet yer missus wasn't in when you did that. :wink:
  • matterai
    matterai Posts: 176
    Very nice looking bike
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    That's a stunner. Just bought myself an absolutely mint 2010 Caad9 off ebay in black for £850. Need to think about how I'm going to pimp it. Ksyriums and Ultegra I think. Can't wait for it to arrive!
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    Looks very nice. I have ordered the same colour - much nicer than the black as it really shows the detail.

Will post pics of mine when I get it.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    The tape on the seat post goes well with the hubs :wink:
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    Very nice :) Love the overall colour scheme.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    El Diego wrote:
    That's a stunner. Just bought myself an absolutely mint 2010 Caad9 off ebay in black for £850. Need to think about how I'm going to pimp it. Ksyriums and Ultegra I think. Can't wait for it to arrive!

I'm having similar ideas for mine. Those wheels will look ace against the black.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • White Line
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Only if the Litespeed goes...

Want to replace it with a CAAD9 and a good camera...
    Strictly for photographing the 555 and CAAD9? :twisted: Oh, forgot about the S2 as well ...
    Garry H wrote:
    The tape on the seat post goes well with the hubs :wink:
    Exactly why I chose it. :oops: Couldn't have those hubs, spokes and cranks making the bike look unbalanced. Had to get some red on the seat post and handle bars too.

Ordered a new saddle from Ribble earlier, so will need to update the pic soon. :) Couldn't bring myself to spend the money to buy a new seat post with it too. :?
  • El Diego
    Hiya mate, Did the bars and stem come with the bike? What's the stem angle? Cheers.
  • Skippy2309
    Skippy2309 Posts: 426
    Stunning, I have been drooling over that frame and colour scheme for a while...

whats the stand over height on the 56cm frame?
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • White Line
    Aye, the bars and stem came with it. The bars seem really odd at first as they are quite shallow and there isn't much reach/distance from tops to hoods, if you know what I mean. The stem is ±6° on mine, so I assume it would be the same on other frame sizes too.

The standover height for the 56cm frame is 80.1cm ... although, I guess this depends on your tyres. :? Source.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Over time you will struggle to get your bike that shiny, such a shame, I miss mine shiny but wear and tear make it not shiny.
  • Skippy2309
    Skippy2309 Posts: 426
    I managed to get a CAAD9 in black - its getting a full Force groupset :twisted:

Cant wait to get my hands on it :D:D

(BTW now I am poor, who wants to donate food? :lol: )
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • White Line
    freehub wrote:
    Over time you will struggle to get your bike that shiny, such a shame, I miss mine shiny but wear and tear make it not shiny.
    Tell me about it! My other bike has went sort of yellowish, and there are loads of tiny tiny scratches on it which just won't let go of the dirt. :( Although, it's still a joy to ride.
  • El Diego
    I recently bought a CAAD9 frame and forks and have built it up with Ksyrium SLs and Ultegra groupset.

The frame came with an FSA Gossamer compact chainset, which I might change for the SLK-K light. I can get a good price on a 53/39 chainset and was wondering if the chain rings from my current chainset would be compatible.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    That is a fantastic looking machine. The blue on the frame looks nicer than some of the pics on the 'dale website (which I thought looked much paler).

Did they end up letting you customise it or have you had to take a hit on flogging Racing7's etc?

I'd kind of ruled out the Liquigas colours and was heading towards the 105 in red but now I'm thinking I could get it to work. Would love to know where you purchased the acid cages from (I think I sent you a link to the Elite website but never found a retailer with them).
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    Wiggle do th Elite cages in acid green they were on back order but i had mine delivered this morning.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I think black bar tape would be better.
  • White Line
    The Racing 7s are now on my winter/crappy weather bike and sometimes make an appearance on the CAAD. I think I bought the cages from Parker International, but can't be too sure as it was away in March I got them.

I was also surprised by how dark the blue is compared the photos. If anybody has a Forgoodness Shakes bottle, it's exactly the same blue on that. Makes my Selle Italia SLR look a bit purpleish. :?

Will need to get an updated photo up soon (after I bother to clean her after two days of getting caught in the rain). Saddle has changed, been lowered a tad as it seemed too high the way the LBS man set it after doing loads on measuring. Bars have been lowered 10mm and rotated forward a bit.

I think black tape might have suited the old saddle, but I reckon it'd look odd with the SLR.
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    White Line wrote:
    I'm planning on changing the saddle soon if I don't begin to get along with it in the next few days. Probably a Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow in blue.

Picked up one of these last week, tho' with a 105 groupset. Interested to know what you thought of the Fizik saddle? I've found that after about 30miles my nuts start to hurt. Maybe it's just me! :shock:

Is the SLR a significant improvement?
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    White Line wrote:
    I'm planning on changing the saddle soon if I don't begin to get along with it in the next few days. Probably a Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow in blue.

Picked up one of these last week, tho' with a 105 groupset. Interested to know what you thought of the Fizik saddle? I've found that after about 30miles my nuts start to hurt. Maybe it's just me! :shock:

Is the SLR a significant improvement?

I had to go to a bike shop on my first ride with the CAAD9 to swap the saddle for something a little better, probly the most uncomfartable thing i've ever sat on.
  • White Line
    Definitely! The Pavé CX Sport made my gooch go numb for a good solid 24 hours. Plus, it seemed to creak and squeak really bad. Generally just a bad saddle. It was far too flat and seemed to be made from MDF.

Once I put the SLR on it took a while to find a nice wee spot to sit, and is now pretty perfect. After a few rides the weird sort of sticky coating came off (it's not sticky as such, but it just doesn't allow you to move around without your shorts dragging behind). So, now I can slide back and forward nicely for a bit more power on ascents and slide back a tad for descents.

In conclusion, the stock Fizik saddle is the worst thing ever and should be changed for an SLR. :wink:
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    White Line wrote:
    In conclusion, the stock Fizik saddle is the worst thing ever and should be changed for an SLR. :wink:

Hmmm... sounds like good advice. Of course muppet-boy here just went out and bought a nice wee Fizik clip-in saddle bag, doh! :oops:

I'm sure there must be a decent Fizik out there, tho' the bag was only 12 notes mind. :idea: Will visit LBS tomorrow and see what they have.
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain