Where do your bikes live?

2»

Comments

• andyhilton
    andyhilton Posts: 156
    Two mountain bikes is the brick shed with a big new york lock on. Road bike in the house cos it needs to be kept warm :wink:
  • garage too.
  • silverpigeon
    silverpigeon Posts: 327
    Mountain bike and commuter live in the garage. New road bike (ridden twice) lives in the conservatory, until next weekend when we have guests
    Basso Astra
    Principia Ellipse SX
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro Disc
  • FIow
    FIow Posts: 7
    In my dining room, with 2 dogs for protection when I'm out
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Why are so many road bikes kept indoors then?
  • Quirrel
    Quirrel Posts: 235
    Old bikes - outside the front door - touch wood, I live in a secure gated community.

New bikes - mix between indoors and out doors, depending when and what is happening.

e.g. - folks coming to stay, bikes are outside, folks aren't there, bikes inside - I rent my folks flat at a greatly reduced rate, on the condition I don't fill it up with stuff and make a mess.
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Why are so many road bikes kept indoors then?
    I was thinking that, i must be in the minority, as my roadbike gets dumed under the lean to, but all my mountain bikes live indoors.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Hallway most of the time, any time the landlord/fire inspector visits or we're having a party* it's briefly transplanted to being locked up in the back garden (can't be too careful).

*It's a student house, and my bike, one of my friends, and our banister were found conglomerated in a heap at the bottom of the stairs one morning all significantly worse for wear.
  • handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    mine in the garage protected by me with a bb gun :D i would like to see them touch my baby's :twisted:
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    in the garage. i bet some robber is reading this with great interest, and is then going to come and nick all our bikes...

... so yeah, it's in our iron-reinforced concrete garage, surrounded by guard dogs, electric fences and TNT. and it's bolted to the ground with a foot wide iron chain, obviouly electrically charged
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    in the garage. i bet some robber is reading this with great interest, and is then going to come and nick all our bikes...
    Dammit, busted!
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    20100613_0011.jpg

Brilliant! :lol:
  • tvi_82
    tvi_82 Posts: 32
    Mine is in the garage, and nope not used for the car, its used as a gym :lol:
  • chunkyboy
    chunkyboy Posts: 97
    20100613_0011.jpg

LOVE IT :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: QUALITY !!!!!!!
  • chunkyboy
    chunkyboy Posts: 97
    Indoors, d-locked to a tusk bike holder that is bolted to a brick wall.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    In the uni bike shed. D-locked by the rear wheel and frame, and a crappy combination lock holding the front wheel and the fork to the stand.

I'm gonna have to beg my parents to let me keep it inside because our garage is falling apart :P
  • Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    In the workshop, just ordered a new wall hanger for em as well.
  • Joe_Pineapples
    Joe_Pineapples Posts: 1,718
    Mine live out in The Hut, along with all the other toys.
    As featured on Readersheds.co.uk.
    http://tinyurl.com/6rr593
    2010-06-14_17-58-35_173_Falkirk.jpg
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    In the garage, which is also my workshop

Its too small to get a car in because we cut it in half to use the back end as an office (its attached to the house) and even if you could get one in you wouldnt be able to open the doors because its so narrow :lol:
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • gbianchi
    gbianchi Posts: 2
    My bike is in my living room, next to my new 42in plasma! Yes i do live alone, but my G/F can't really complain as her bike sits next to it.

We are looking to move into our first house together in the next few months, but i have made some ground rules, it must have a garage or a shed with a concrete base for an anchor, and enough room for the TV!

Last week when staying around my girlfriend, i remembered that i had left my upstairs window open, being rather concerned for my bike / tv safety i called him at 11pm and asked him if he could to go round and close them, with my brother being a bike fan he went round there like a shot, he knew that i would be inconsolable if anthing happened to them lol.

Good old bro.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    edited June 2010
    gbianchi wrote:
    We are looking to move into our first house together in the next few months, but i have made some ground rules, it must have a garage or a shed with a concrete base for an anchor, and enough room for the TV!

You're going to watch tv in the shed?

I'm doing alright at the moment, my housemate just moved out, so I have a nice room downstairs to use as a 'garage'
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • One in the hall, four in the spare bedroom, one in my study; there's also always one in the kitchen being maintained/fetled on a rotational basis. My wife goes mental about them once a month, but whether this is due to the bikes or some other 'phenomenon', I'm not sure.
    I've promised to move them out once we have built a secure climate controlled shed.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    One in the hall, four in the spare bedroom, one in my study; there's also always one in the kitchen being maintained/fetled on a rotational basis. My wife goes mental about them once a month, but whether this is due to the bikes or some other 'phenomenon', I'm not sure.
    I've promised to move them out once we have built a secure climate controlled shed.

once you have the shed built just move the wife out to hte shed and you will have sace for another bike
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    in the garage. i bet some robber is reading this with great interest, and is then going to come and nick all our bikes

Bikes are in a locked garage, ground anchored to floor, on an air force base behind 12 foot razor wired fences, roving dog patrols, armed guards on front gate etc etc.

Bike thieves reading this, PM me, i will give you the address.. i dare you to try :twisted: