Naked bike ride, I don't get it?

Comments

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I find my saddle just about bearable in baggies and normal boxer shorts! I think going sans clothes would make it rather uncomfortable!! I suppose I could use the minimal cheapo lidl cycle shorts which will actually provide me with a tiny bit more cover then my rather small black swim shorts (not quite full on speedo-cut pants but just enough to cover my awesome cyclists bum!)

As I'm more then happy to strut around a swimming pool in them I don't see the problem and I suppose if I did go fully naked I could just ride around in an aero tuck ;-)

If you went naked every woman in a 10mile radius of you would find themselves pregnant.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    In countries where nudity in saunas and other places is pretty normal, people don't feel the need to stare. Why would you?

I don't believe that for a second.

I think specsavers would run out of stock...

Scando countries... a girl I know from there was saying it was weird in the gym with everyone covering themselves.. she said she did wear a towel but only on her head
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • SamWise1972
    SamWise1972 Posts: 220
    Yes, seriously. Germans think we're unsanitary for wearing swimwear in the sauna. In Finland, apparently most people have seen most of their co-workers naked. It's only such a big deal here because it happens so little. Once you're naked and everyone else is, it's not Porkies 4, it's "Oh, is that it then? Well it's quite comfortable, isn't it?"
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    In countries where nudity in saunas and other places is pretty normal, people don't feel the need to stare. Why would you?

Scando countries... a girl I know from there was saying it was weird in the gym with everyone covering themselves.. she said she did wear a towel but only on her head

Back when I was with the Croydon Harriers we did a visit to Arnhem (twinned with Croydon) when I was about 14. The subject of being naked in saunas etc. came up and as you can imagine a bunch of 14 year old boys took a great interest in this especially when the girls we are discussing it with are your atypical Dutch girls and sprinters to boot so in reasonably good shape :-)

We did also get a rather large shock when in the swimming pools changing rooms we found a glass window between the changing rooms :-D Alas there where cubicles :(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Yes, seriously. Germans think we're unsanitary for wearing swimwear in the sauna. In Finland, apparently most people have seen most of their co-workers naked. It's only such a big deal here because it happens so little. Once you're naked and everyone else is, it's not Porkies 4, it's "Oh, is that it then? Well it's quite comfortable, isn't it?"

I think that's roughly the conclusion the people that take part in that Naked at the Office (or whatever it's called) show on Sky 1. It's used as a way to make the team stronger and with all the exercises they complete during the week to de-sensitive them to nudity they then have the ultimate dress down Friday :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    you ever had wood riding a bicycle (bike was way too ambiguous)

Wierd but very true.
    Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Where is Mrs Clever Pun from? :lol:

An Austrian girl I once worked with said the same thing and my mind wandered back to....

One time when I was really young my Mother and I went swimming. Too young to change on my own, my Mum bought me into a family cubicle. For pure instinctive reasons I stood on the bench and looked over the top of the cubicle to see what could only be described as 'DDD Mekka'. It is one of my earliest memories.

It's probably best I never visit those Countries I'd die of dehydration in a Sauna...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • SamWise1972
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It's probably best I never visit those Countries I'd die of dehydration in a Sauna...

No you wouldn't. You'd have about 10 mins of OMG BEWBS!!!! And then you'd be overloaded. Plus you'd realise "Hey, I can come back here any time. There'll always be naked women". Why sit and stare all day at the commonplace?

Think of it this way. If a woman goes around with her head uncovered in Iran, she will get a similar level of attention to walking around in her underwear in London. That doesn't happen here. Why? We're used to it. We see uncovered heads all the time. You could go all year round in Iran and never seen an ankle, so it's hardly surprising if women in bikinis would make you fall over yourself. Here, if you go to the beach and there are women in skimpy bikinis, sure, you'll look, but you wouldn't plonk yourself down a foot away and dribble openly, because wearing a bikini is socially acceptable, staring is not, and anyway, in another 10 steps, there'll be another one. There's nothing particularly mystical about boobs and fanny, they're just the bits you don't get to see normally.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2010
    There's nothing particularly mystical about boobs and fanny...

Sam, I do understandwhere you are coming from but for me personally... I agree with the lack of eroticism, naked bodies aren't all that attractive to me... but the mind can wander...

So I really have to disagree with the quote above. I really do.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    Mrs Pun is from the UK, it was a mutual acquaintance who incidentally has just tried her hand at lezzing...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Mrs Pun is from the UK, it was a mutual acquaintance who incidentally has just tried her hand at lezzing...

In a gym?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Bassjunkieuk
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Sam, I do understand where you are coming from but for me personally...

I really have to disagree with this. I really do.

This could be The Best DDD Thread Ever :-)

I really think you should try going on a naked bike ride :-) Even if you do just wear cycle shorts to cover up.....

Maybe we could arrange if for this years SCR social - Naked scalping on the embankment :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    tried her hand at lezzing...

That's a lovely turn of phrase! :lol:
  • SamWise1972
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Sam, I do understandwhere you are coming from but for me personally... I agree with the lack of eroticism, naked bodies aren't all that attractive to me... but the mind can wander...

Alright, I'll admit boobs are mystical. But they won't hypnotise you in the same way when they've become commonplace. You'll be able to appreciate and wonder at them in a calmer way, without having to have someone wipe the dribble off your face afterwards. I don't know anyone who has spent any length of time around lots of naked people without experiencing this. And it's a good thing - you can see lots of naked ladies without disgracing yourself!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Alright, I'll admit boobs are mystical. But they won't hypnotise you in the same way when they've become commonplace. You'll be able to appreciate and wonder at them in a calmer way, without having to have someone wipe the dribble off your face afterwards. I don't know anyone who has spent any length of time around lots of naked people without experiencing this. And it's a good thing - you can see lots of naked ladies without disgracing yourself!

Yes.... but the learning curve.....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DaveHudson
    DaveHudson Posts: 290
    As my cables run along the top tube, I'd be worried that a careless stop could see my knackers trapped in one of those situations where you panic and retract quickly only to hear the sound of two balls being removed from my scrot.

Might make me quicker actually, A slight (and being honest, it would be very slight :lol:) weight reduction.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    SimonAH wrote:
    Oops, I meant bristols on Sunday. :oops:

FTFY

IGMC.......
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2010
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I really think you should try going on a naked bike ride :-) Even if you do just wear cycle shorts to cover up.....

Maybe we could arrange if for this years SCR social - Naked scalping on the embankment :-D

I really am going through a introspective moment here.

I get that there is nothing amazing about the naked body and usually I don't find them all that attractive. But when we start talking about the individual parts, the many variations and the imperfections its those things that make people beautiful.

Whether on a bike ride or in a 'nude County' I think I would only every be there to look at women. For me that's the point of turning up naked, to be stared at and to stare...
    Food Chain number = 4

• Bassjunkieuk
    Clever Pun wrote:

She could try her tongue as well......although annoyingly real life lesbians rarely look like the ones I see in all the movies.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    It just seems to me that a large purpose is to see people naked...

Which is cool, but lets call it what it is.
    Food Chain number = 4

• SamWise1972
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I get that there is nothing amazing about the naked body and usually I don't find them all that attractive. But when we start talking about the individual parts, the many variations and the imperfections its those things that make people beautiful.

I can't honestly say being surrounded by numerous naked women, be it at a bike ride or living in some nudist Country, that my intentions would not include a desire to look at them...

Of course not! But honestly, if you're surrounded by numerous dressed women, you look at them, too, don't you? What you don't do is stare fixedly at their breasts, or run up and motorboat them. People assume that they'll lose control of themselves, but it doesn't happen. If there's one naked woman in an innappropriate place, of course you end up staring. When they are on every side, you don't. You'll look, you'll appreciate, nobody expects you to stare straight ahead. What you can't do is to get a humungous stonk on and stare with your eyes popping out, and everyone I know who has been in such a situation found that the desire to do so was not nearly what they thought it was. Normalisation time is about ten mins for dealing with "OMG, everyone else is NAKED", and maybe half an hour for "Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter if I am then". It's not as difficult a learning curve as you'd imagine. All of my close friends have seen me naked, and it's not even worth a mention for them now. Reciprocally, I've seen most of them, and it's just, you know. Ho hum.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I can't honestly say being surrounded by numerous naked women, be it at a bike ride or living in some nudist Country, that my intentions would not include a desire to look at them...

Look at it this way, if you let a kid loose in a sweet shop they are going to go mental. They are going to eat EVERYTHING they can get their hands on. Eventually they will be sick........besides it's not going to be wall-to-wall hotties. Have a look around your office right now. Would you honestly like to see ALL of those people stark b0ll0ck naked?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Of course not! But honestly, if you're surrounded by numerous dressed women, you look at them, too, don't you?

You have a point.
    Food Chain number = 4

• sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Well if you're in a big group of naked cyclists (bar shoes, I presume) - clearly everyone will be looking at each other anyway - and probably grinning like fools in amusement or embarrassment!

And let's face it, if you join in all you'll get is a faceful of arses (unless you're at the front)!

Hardly hard-on inducing. I imagine the women will hardly be slipping off their saddles with excitement either.

Sounds more and more like fun though, but I'm not about to do it alone.
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

yeah I know, sorry... it was aimed at the people who were trying to imagine a random lady walking round with a towel on her head... I just cranked it up a notch BAM
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

yeah I know, sorry... it was aimed at the people who were trying to imagine a random lady walking round with a towel on her head... I just cranked it up a notch BAM

Sounds like there was some kind of introductory offer :?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    sarajoy wrote:
    Well if you're in a big group of naked cyclists (bar shoes, I presume) - clearly everyone will be looking at each other anyway - and probably grinning like fools in amusement or embarrassment!

And let's face it, if you join in all you'll get is a faceful of arses (unless you're at the front)!

Hardly hard-on inducing. I imagine the women will hardly be slipping off their saddles with
    excitement either.

Great all the office is staring at me now from laughing at tha turn of phrase. Hehe
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    hisoka wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Hardly hard-on inducing. I imagine the women will hardly be slipping off their saddles with
    excitement either.

Great all the office is staring at me now from laughing at tha turn of phrase. Hehe
    Assuming you're reacting to the bit I think you are - I can't now stop thinking of a scene in Maybe Baby where Joely Richardson's character slips off her scooter seat. Hahahahahaha
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • SamWise1972
    sarajoy wrote:

Hardly hard-on inducing. I imagine the women will hardly be slipping off their saddles with excitement either.

Yep! Lots of cheering and big smiles from the sidelines too. It's just brilliant fun. If you've ever suffered the "OhMyGODI'mNakedatschool" dream, this is the way to expunge it. Cycle naked through a city centre, and come out with a broad smile.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    sarajoy wrote:
    hisoka wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

excitement either.

Assuming you're reacting to the bit I think you are - I can't now stop thinking of a scene in Maybe Baby where Joely Richardson's character slips off her scooter seat. Hahahahahaha

Exactly! That and "faceful of arses"

Chuckling now still :D:D:D:D
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Clever Pun
    Getting to the event nekked should be more interesting... queue crashes if cars are following you up a hill
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5