National Naked Cycle Day

2»

Comments

• tvi_82
    tvi_82 Posts: 32
    Awwww, there not doing it in Glasgow? :lol:
  • cyclingmev
    cyclingmev Posts: 105
    do t'hings' not chafe, particularly if it's a wee bit damp (the weather, that is)??? bugger the MP3, where would one store ones banananananana????
    i like bike
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I'm sorry but I can't be doing with that, it's usually the people that shouldn't go naked that do :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • SamWise1972
    SamWise1972 Posts: 220
    Who chooses who should or shouldn't go naked? Is it for your pleasure? I must have missed that memo. I just got back, had a great time, and people loved to see us come by.
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    was it swords at noon? :shock: :D
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    When are they going to do a naked Paris-Roubaix for women only??
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    NGale wrote:
    I'm sorry but I can't be doing with that, it's usually the people that shouldn't go naked that do :shock: :shock: :shock:

Clothes don't make the obese look any better, IMHO. Anyway, it adds to the shock value of the protest.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    cyclingmev wrote:
    do t'hings' not chafe, particularly if it's a wee bit damp (the weather, that is)??? bugger the MP3, where would one store ones banananananana????

I don't think it can be classed as an endurance event, so I think you can get by on what you've already eaten. If it is raining, you skin is more waterproof than any of your expensive cycling gear. Just hope it's warmish. Having said that, you could just pedal harder. :wink:
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Who chooses who should or shouldn't go naked? Is it for your pleasure? I must have missed that memo. I just got back, had a great time, and people loved to see us come by.

Good point, well made. Glad to hear you had a good time.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Doing Bristol tomorrow....first go, ooo I hope it's warm! :roll:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Sirius631 wrote:
    NGale wrote:

Clothes don't make the obese look any better, IMHO. Anyway, it adds to the shock value of the protest.

Protest ? what protest ?
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    Sirius631 wrote:
    NGale wrote:

Protest ? what protest ?

It's a protest against attitudes and to exhibit the cyclists vulnerability.

I'm sure there will be a few other issues being raised also.

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Just back from Bristol too. Lovely warm day with a cooling breeze.

Mostly young people and a really great atmosphere.

If you half considered it but bottled out, I would recommend it for next year!
    us0.png
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    FeynmanC wrote:
    Just back from Bristol too. Lovely warm day with a cooling breeze.

Mostly young people and a really great atmosphere.

If you half considered it but bottled out, I would recommend it for next year!
    Oh man!

Had I known someone I knew was doing it I may have gone ahead - yes I wussed out and even forgot to go watch :(

Next year....
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • FeynmanC
    I didn't think I saw you there Sara, though it's tricky spotting people you have only seen clothed before amongst naked and body painted skin.

Conversely, At the bar afterwards I got chatting to a few people and it took a couple of minutes to realise I'd chatted with them on the ride too :oops:
    us0.png
  • SimonAH
    Bristol was AWESOME yesterday, absolutely fantastic day with perfect weather and a really nice atmosphere.

The most wonderful moment though was when the ride came up to two shaven legged roadies at a set of lights - they looked over their shoulders and took off at full speed in absolute horror at being associated with us.

And then I scalped them! On my singlespeed, buck naked with a flagpole sticking up from my seatpost - sheer perfection. :D:D:D:D

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    SimonAH wrote:
    Bristol was AWESOME yesterday, absolutely fantastic day with perfect weather and a really nice atmosphere.

The most wonderful moment though was when the ride came up to two shaven legged roadies at a set of lights - they looked over their shoulders and took off at full speed in absolute horror at being associated with us.

And then I scalped them! On my singlespeed, buck naked with a flagpole sticking up from my seatpost - sheer perfection. :D:D:D:D

Said roadies have now thrown their bikes off the suspension Bridge in shame. Good work sir!
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • FeynmanC
    SimonAH wrote:

Were you on the single speed with the orange decorations? You cut back into the main peleton around the colston hall?

If so, i'd have raised my cap to you, sir, but I was not wearing one ;)
    us0.png
  • SimonAH
    FeynmanC wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

Were you on the single speed with the orange decorations? You cut back into the main peloton around the colston hall?

If so, i'd have raised my cap to you, sir, but I was not wearing one ;)

That was me, what we you on / painted as ?

• FeynmanC
    Yellow mountainbike, no paint but had a red eyemask with peacock feathers - fancied a bit of bling 8)
    us0.png
  • SimonAH
    Aha, gotcha! Plus of course it helped against getting recognised - respect to you Sir.

• FeynmanC
    I just found a pic of you that I took and there are several from snappers on the net. Shout if you want me to mail you a copy, rather than me post it for all to see (though it's a bit late for that lol)
    us0.png
  • SamWise1972
    SamWise1972 Posts: 220
    SimonAH wrote:

You my friend win the prize. You are the king of Silly Commuter Racing. I don't even KNOW what the FCN impact of riding naked with a flagpole is!
  • SimonAH
    FeynmanC wrote:
    I just found a pic of you that I took and there are several from snappers on the net. Shout if you want me to mail you a copy, rather than me post it for all to see (though it's a bit late for that lol)

Please dude! I'll pm you my email

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    mind you I suppose there is an advantage to a naked bike ride....you would never feel self conscious about wearing lycra again. :roll:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    SimonAH wrote:

You my friend win the prize. You are the king of Silly Commuter Racing. I don't even KNOW what the FCN impact of riding naked with a flagpole is!

Is "flagpole" a euphamism for something else? If so I'm sure the roadies really appreciated being chased down by a bloke with his flagpole" up...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    A clever trick to strap that to the seatpost and still ride :shock:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition