federal prosecutor appointed

13»

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Dave_1 wrote:
    there are no good reasons for allowing one 7 time GT winner to keep his credibility and the other to lose his when both used the same product in the same decade (allegation) and dr.

I agree, so prosecute both of them for all I care. Just understand that I will enjoy LA being exposed more than Big Mig for the reasons already given.

There, we agree... what a happy and unusual conclusion to a forum chat!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Dave_1 wrote:
    there are no good reasons for allowing one 7 time GT winner to keep his credibility and the other to lose his when both used the same product in the same decade (allegation) and dr.
    Nail them both then...

Your 'argument' sounds little different to someone claiming a criminal should go free on the grounds that some other person who has committed the same crime managed to evade detection and prosecution...
  • BikingBernie
    Dave_1 wrote:
    They clearly have the whiff of something...someone beyond scum like Landis
    I wonder, why the downer on Landis in particular? Why 'persecute' this one rider when he was 'forced' to act as he did by others? What do you hate about him so much? His (belated) honesty?
  • ratsbeyfus
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Nail them both then...

Your 'argument' sounds little different to someone claiming a criminal should go free on the grounds that some other person who has committed the same crime managed to evade detection and prosecution...

Yay! Peace in our time! We can put this thread to bed now! Hurrah!

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    Dave_1 wrote:
    They clearly have the whiff of something...someone beyond scum like Landis
    I wonder, why the downer on Landis in particular? Why 'persecute' this one rider when he was 'forced' to act as he did by others? What do you hate about him so much? His (belated) honesty?

Ooops! Looks like I spoke to soon... over to you Dave_1... :cry:

@ratsbey
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    I think few people have double standards with MI and LA, doping is cheating, endof. If MI has doped then he should be investigated as well - even although he retired several years ago. The difference between the MI and LA cases are huge however. The problem LA has is that a) he is a current rider b) allegations of a specific nature have been made about LA. If LA had stayed retired I don't think there would be as much interest to investigate. This is of his own making in so many ways.

...one other possible beneficiary of the science and product gets away while the other 4 get condemned, when we know who was first to possibly benefit from the new sceince, the product. Why can't you stop the double standards and stop looking the other way?

Stop now - you're just making yourself look stupid again. Which part of "If MI has doped then he should be investigated as well - even although he retired several years ago" suggests to you I have double standards and want to look the other way? I still can't fathom out how you reached your conclusion.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Nail them both then...

n...

why don't you make a start on that by being a little more balanced in your postings on the two of them
  • dave_1
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    I think few people have double standards with MI and LA, doping is cheating, endof. If MI has doped then he should be investigated as well - even although he retired several years ago. The difference between the MI and LA cases are huge however. The problem LA has is that a) he is a current rider b) allegations of a specific nature have been made about LA. If LA had stayed retired I don't think there would be as much interest to investigate. This is of his own making in so many ways.

...one other possible beneficiary of the science and product gets away while the other 4 get condemned, when we know who was first to possibly benefit from the new sceince, the product. Why can't you stop the double standards and stop looking the other way?

Stop now - you're just making yourself look stupid again. Which part of "If MI has doped then he should be investigated as well - even although he retired several years ago" suggests to you I have double standards and want to look the other way? I still can't fathom out how you reached your conclusion.

you stop now expat. The only people that are making themselves look stupid are those who don't want to admit the economic fallout from taking down LA and want to let one 7 time GT winner keep his wins and cred while the other is jailed for perhaps the same crime. Then again LA hasn't been proven guilty legally yet b ut what does that matter in the snakepit that is pro race
  • BikingBernie
    Dave_1 wrote:
    you stop now expat. The only people that are making themselves look stupid are those who don't want to admit the economic fallout from taking down LA and want to let one 7 time GT winner keep his wins and cred while the other is jailed for perhaps the same crime. Then again LA hasn't been proven guilty legally yet b ut what does that matter in the snakepit that is pro race
    "Short term pain. Long term gain."

Nonetheless, it is clearly a difficult time to be a Lance fan-boy. :wink:
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    "Short term pain. Long term gain."

Nonetheless, it is clearly a difficult time to be a Lance fan-boy. :wink:

BB, I agree with most of your allegations, just not the cure...just not the way of dealing with the problem. ...looking at the possibly clean Millar and Basso this season, they knock down your EPO super responder theory-if they are clean. I think they both are. That means we'd have admit there is a fair emount of athletic merit in Armstrong's wins as the same riders win without drugs as with. Anyways, why you up so early BB? Lets have a truth commision, Indurain is first up
  • BikingBernie
    Dave_1 wrote:
    looking at the possibly clean Millar and Basso this season, they knock down your EPO super responder theory-if they are clean. I think they both are. That means we'd have admit there is a fair emount of athletic merit in Armstrong's wins as the same riders win without drugs as with.
    A big if... Also, logically speaking, just because Armstrong gives every indication of being a 'super responder' to EPO use and blood doping (not least because of his 'donkey to race horse' transformation as a Tour rider once he teamed up with Ferrari) this does not mean every rider who wins after doping is thereby also a 'super responder'. ('Affirmation of the Consequent’ and all that).
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Anyways, why you up so early BB?
    It's not that early here in Continental Europe...
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    looking at the possibly clean Millar and Basso this season, they knock down your EPO super responder theory-if they are clean. I think they both are. That means we'd have admit there is a fair emount of athletic merit in Armstrong's wins as the same riders win without drugs as with.
    A big if... Also, logically speaking, just because Armstrong gives every indication of being a 'super responder' to EPO use and blood doping (not least because of his 'donkey to race horse' transformation as a Tour rider once he teamed up with Ferrari) this does not mean every rider who wins after doping is thereby also a 'super responder'.
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Anyways, why you up so early BB?
    It's not that early here in Continental Europe...

you're possibly right..I will try to enjoy watching the races this summer even though you could be right. Are you sure you weren't booing LA at Lux. Good work. I hate the guy...its more the principle. If I believed everything you said, I'd not watch cycling. Do you enjoy it?
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Top_Bhoy wrote:

Time to raise the blinkers when you see things which simply aren't there.

I'll ask again and maybe you could provide a straight answer this time instead of waffling on about nothing and associating me with a point of view I have never expressed. So, which part of "If MI has doped then he should be investigated as well - even although he retired several years ago" suggests to you I have double standards and want to look the other way?
  • dave_1
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Top_Bhoy wrote:

Time to raise the blinkers when you see things which simply aren't there.

I'll ask again and maybe you could provide a straight answer this time instead of waffling on about nothing and associating me with a point of view I have never expressed. So, which part of "If MI has doped then he should be investigated as well - even although he retired several years ago" suggests to you I have double standards and want to look the other way?

You guys aren't complaining about MI...that's why I am mentioning that rider. You say that if MI has doped he should be investigated ...yet there is no more evidence on LA than on MI as things stand right now. Thomas Davy did a Landis on MIs team. It's all allegations. MI did stuff his physique shows he couldn't do, had same dr and maybe other stuff... I want his team put under oath and threatened with jail time.

MI won't be investigated, which you know. When/if LA is convicted, his 7 TDF wins legacy tainted and Indurain is untouched, you'll be fine about it. I won't.