Dauphine, Stage 2 *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    camerone wrote:
    Can the Welshman climb?? Me thinks not, bye bye green.
    yeah i dont know why he doesnt just go home now. he wanted to keep it today and good for him for trying.

Well said.

Was wondering if they might try this tactic in le tour, get a good result in the prologue and then to get some points in the sprint to get the green jersey for a stage. If the points are the same as last year though, then finishing second in the prologue would mean that he would have to finish fourth to hold the green jersey after the first proper road stage had finished. Guess thats a no then :wink:
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    If that is the extent of their ambition it's pretty poor though isn't it.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    What's up with Bennati. Nowhere near.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    There are loads of photos with superb scenery
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    If that is the extent of their ambition it's pretty poor though isn't it.

In the tour? I think they have far bigger objectives than that. :wink: Just wondering if it was something that had any chance of happening.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    edited June 2010
    Don't get people having a go at Thomas. He isn't a sprinter (obviously) and someone else claiming e can't climb yet he always did ok for barloworld doing his partfor the team and was 3rd on mountain classification in the baby giro the year before he dd his first full pro season.

I don't get the negativity can certainally see a place for him in the teamfor le tour, and he is still young.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Some guys on here are clueless.
    Of course Thomas is not a sprinter and never claimed to be but as he was in green do you not think Sky did the right thing to keep him up there to try to keep it?
    Thomas will climb better this year but just look at the lead out trian they can have.
    Downing, Wiggins, stannard, sutton, barry, thomas, henderson, EBH, take you pick, not sure who is good enough to challenge vav thoug ebh or henderson best shot and maybe EBH in couple of years but not at the moment.
    Thomas and wiggo last 2 of a lead out train is very strong, but cant see wiggo doing that role anymore in a grand tour.