Upgrades

2»

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    njee20 wrote:
    Probably XTR chainset for me. Would've bought it in the first place but its silly silly money for what it is.

Going back to the OP, they're quite reasonable from Merlin really! Particularly if you then sell the rings and use a 2x9, as you do. IIRC I got £140 for the rings I sold.

Ok, shall we take bets on how long I can resist the urge to go on merlin and check the prices, and then the state of my bank account?

I doubt if I will make it through tomorrow.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    not sure really, nothing on my bike apart from the forks is totaly top end and awsome, althoug the XT r.mech is a fairly common pro use item... despite that, i dont really know what i would upgrade, its all pretty good. The Shifters or cranks probably. maybe cassette, although thats about to be replaced due to wear anyway, so im gonna go for an XT whaich will mean thats as good as i want/need.

im gonna go for cranks... id be pretty stoked with some of them MRB camber ones... mega expensive, but trail light, and totaly DH tough.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    as my bike stands - fox 32 831s would be the obvious freebie dreamteam upgrade i reckon

slainte 8) rob
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Hemlock would get an i950 seatpost most likely (it wears the Soul's gravity dropper when I can be bothered to swap them over). Or, possibly the upgraded new model chainstays.

The Soul's pretty damn fine as it is tbh :lol: I guess I'd like to replace the frame with a 2010 spec Soul frame and the fork with a u-turn rev team like is on the Hemlock but sized down to 140mm.
    Uncompromising extremist