Big rides - what have you got coming up?

2»

Comments

• Stoneboy
    Stoneboy Posts: 20
    Having 5 days based at Afan in early July.

W2, Skyline, The Gap, day off the bike to do some walking in the Brecon beacons and probably couple cheeky laps of Cwmcarn on the way home.

Should be sweet as
  • carbonfiend
    carbonfiend Posts: 475
    Bonty 24/12 doin the 12 as a pair then week after 3 days Black Mountains thingy then got Tour of Cornfields 60 mile cyclo cross event possibly Torq in Sleep inbetween

Cant do Bristol this weekend youngest lads B/day and on holiday for MM
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'
  • My next big(ish) ride will be the Ridgeway Randonnee for the BHF. Did the South Downs way last year for the same charity, that was a great ride so I have high expectations for this one.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take_part_in_our_events/event_finder/view_event.aspx?ps=1000792
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Oh yeh, a camping trip with as many mates as i can in north wales too on the august weekend of the 7th |:P i will be 30 :(
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    wobbem wrote:
    Doing this on Sunday - the 6 hr http://www.bike-fest.com/bristol/about.php
    Did the 75km big Welsh week end last sunday - won't do that again.

Ps Squirt (http://www.squirtlube.com/products/index.php ) is useless after 60km and a few stream crossings of riding my chain sounded like tank tracks.

what will you be riding? I'll look out for you, if I'm not too busy checking out the female riders
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    3 days at Fort William, Laggan and just possibly Golspie or Balnain coming up, not huge rides but lots of them 8) And looks like Drumlanrig and Ae this saturday. Then 10 at Kirroughtree, but just as a pair not solo, and then off to France for a week at A Quick Release.

Still vaguely considering using my last few days of holiday to do a coast-to-coast or the west highland way, but at a relaxed pace.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    Looks like the weather's going to be good enough for a few of us to DH from the summit of Carnedd Llewelyn in Snowdonia on Sunday (1064metres). :shock:
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I'm going to Whinlatter on Saturday, that'll be a killer for me lol
    Caz xx
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Was planning on doing the Transcambrian Way over 3 days in July, but unfortunatly a few reasons has put that on the back burner :(

Really like the idea of a 12 hour solo event or similar, but im just not sure im fit enough. What type of training do you do for such events?
  • SG-22
    SG-22 Posts: 11
    Doing 55 miles for a charity ride along the Taff trail in September. Never done anything like it before but fine myself actually looking forward to it...I'm sure all that will change as the date gets nearer
  • matt748
    matt748 Posts: 194
    Afan on Monday and Tuesday with 6 guys from work.

Trek Fuel EX8 '09
    My Pics
  • weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    9 day tour of Scotland in a few weeks.

Dalbeattie, Kirroughtree, Nevis Red, Laggan, Inners, Glentress. Plus a few more.

12hr night ride solo in September.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    what will you be riding? I'll look out for you, if I'm not too busy checking out the female riders

On One Ti 29er + old gits :roll:
    Don't think, BE: