What would you most like to see when out on the trail?

ExeterSimon
ExeterSimon Posts: 830
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Mine would be one of those portable bars serving some decent cider (like Thatchers Gold).
Whyte 905 (2009)
Trek 1.5 (2009)
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)

Comments

• patchesuk
    patchesuk Posts: 96
    More girls.
    Think I need a bigger Garage.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    patchesuk wrote:
    More girls.
    this
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Megan Fox, on her own with a flat tire and no pump?
  • ExeterSimon
    Mine would be one of those portable bars serving some decent cider (like Thatchers Gold).

Should have expected 'girls' comments so:

Mine would be one of those portable bars serving some decent cider (like Thatchers Gold) served by naked girls.

Fit ones mind not treepigs or swampdonkeys
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    I too would like to see more girls...

The downside though I suspect, is that as the number of girl riders increases, the number of accidents involving male riders would also increase at a rate exponential to that of the girls (object fixation anyone?).
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    FINE ladies on bikes... and more bars serving good cider and fresh, ice cold Mtn Dew
    I like bikes and stuff
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    D-Cyph3r wrote:
    Megan Fox, on her own with a flat tire and no pump?

Thats why I always take spare tubes and a mountain morph pump :D

But naked girls and mobile bar would also be good as would mountain bike makers, component makers etc.. giving away free samples 8)
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Would definitely like to see more girls riding bikes. Seriously, not in a pervy way.
    I've made quite a few friends through mountain biking, it would be good if more of those friends were female. Damned well impossible to find women who are "into" the same things as us bikers generally.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    Would definitely like to see more girls riding bikes. Seriously, not in a pervy way.
    I've made quite a few friends through mountain biking, it would be good if more of those friends were female. Damned well impossible to find women who are "into" the same things as us bikers generally.

oil and punctures are no match for a shoe shop.
    :D
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    At one ride in the last month due to overwork I'd settle for the trails themselves...
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    biff55 wrote:

But being male, and not having even a remote interest in shoes, I can't even remember the last time I was at a shoe shop :?
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572

There are some of us around!! (and yes, Mr Notax is a very lucky man :wink: )

On the MTBing girls topic, my chain came off at Afan a few weeks ago - quite a busy, sunny, day - and about 4 chaps stopped to ask if I needed a hand :D Nice to see that chivalry isn't dead! As it was I did the chain myself - i'm not one of these 'don't you dare hold the door open for me' types, but it's not really difficult is it?!! :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • ExeterSimon
    biff55 wrote:

But being male, and not having even a remote interest in shoes, I can't even remember the last time I was at a shoe shop :?

My idea of clothes and shoe shopping involves www.foxeurope.com and my LBS.

Not the same Mrs Exeter's.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mmm if Carlsberg did trail centers....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    biff55 wrote:

the comparison was made from a womans perspective :?
    went straight over your head. :)
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Ahum, female MTBer here, can't be doing with prancing around shops spening money on clothes that I'll never wear and shoes that are crap for nothing other that suffering in and never wearing again......i know lots of girls who do it and it's beyond me lol.......gimme a mountain bike, a motorbike, mud and adreanaline over Louis Vitton anyday :D
    Caz xx
  • sparrowlegs78
    On the trails I'd like to see less fat male bikers in baggies and sweaty kit, and better looking men would be a treat too, only seem to see fat knackered old blokes round here
    Caz xx
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    On the trails I'd like to see less fat male bikers in baggies and sweaty kit, and better looking men would be a treat too, only seem to see fat knackered old blokes round here
    Caz xx

I dont ride round your way it seems.
  • sparrowlegs78
    Briggo wrote:
    Caz xx

I dont ride round your way it seems.

POIDH :lol:
    Caz xx
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    No but I do :oops:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • sparrowlegs78
    stumpyjon wrote:
    No but I do :oops:

Have I stared at your arse crack yet Jon?...something I need to remedy :lol::D
    Caz xx
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Caz xx

Mmmm, better looking male MTBers would definitely improve things.....!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    edited June 2010
    miss notax wrote:
    Caz xx

more circuit training, weight lifting or beauty treatment stuff
    any suggestions?

trails in ireland are a 5hr drive away so id like some closer to home. so just want the trails themselves.
  • sparrowlegs78
    bobpzero wrote:
    miss notax wrote:
    Caz xx

any suggestions?

trails in ireland are a 5hr drive away so id like some closer to home. so just the trails themselves.

A lot of male MTBers need the paper bag treatmet! :lol:
    Caz xx
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    I like to see... that at the end of the ride , my car is still there, or my house isn't on fire!
  • ExeterSimon
    bobpzero wrote:
    miss notax wrote:
    Caz xx

any suggestions?

trails in ireland are a 5hr drive away so id like some closer to home. so just the trails themselves.

A lot of male MTBers need the paper bag treatmet! :lol:
    Caz xx

You girls need to head down to Devon for a weekend of guided rides.

Devon, Exmoor, Quantocks...plenty of fit blokes waiting to show you around. And Adam who's a bit of a minger.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
  • Black
    Black Posts: 172
    I agree I wish not to see any Fat larger belly B@rstard hairy bikers.
    like riding into a total eclipse :shock:
  • more women, prefferbly hot and with low standards.

less dogs/walkers/non bikers

• Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    LIFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!