Bike for sale.

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited May 2010 in The bottom bracket
Anyone want to buy my Specialized (new respray covers decals, sorry) bike? Was going to put it on ebay but trying to get out of their charges, so reckon a cash sale would be easier all round.

Size - It can be S,M or L depending on what you think it ought to be, negating a need for a test ride.
Wheels - 2 and matching (see photo)

First person to see it will buy. £2000. Thanks for looking.

Frankenbike.jpg
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    That looks far too big for me, I'll take it. Not paying that for it though, are you having a laugh? I will give you 3k for it. No questions asked.
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    4K.... cash okay?
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Yeah, meet me at the tesco's car park on the ring road at 1am so I can give it the once over.
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    If you can swap the wheels round I'll take it.

Snake

My Library
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    I'm 3' 16" and normally ride a 28cm frame - will this be okay with me? Also, the chain looks too tight - should it be like that?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Aggieboy
    You're all different heights, so he bike is suitable for all of you. I'm therefore having difficulty choosing who to sell it too. Are any of you bringing a tape measure? That may help me whittle my choices down a bit.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Flasheart
    I have a laser measuring device ...I win?
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Wow, that is unbelievably massive.

Cause it is old I will offer you £5, and can pick it up in that small dark alley next to your house at 3AM, Latvian standard time.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Hey! That used to be my bike! Some dodgy Japanese/Korean/Chinese bloke nicked it last time I was in Manchester!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Aggieboy
    Flasheart wrote:

You're out of the running.

Snakehips If you don't like that particular pair, I've got another pair just like them if that's acceptable? £200 extra though.
  • Flasheart
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Flasheart wrote:

You're out of the running.

Snakehips If you don't like that particular pair, I've got another pair just like them if that's acceptable? £200 extra though.

cool :D
    FCN3
  • Me & my twin sister would like to practice our kunstrad on it - would it be suitable?
  • Aggieboy
    Me & my twin sister would like to practice our kunstrad on it - would it be suitable?

This bike is eminently suitable for kunstrad. Should you wish to take part in 'syncronized kunstrad' I could put a bike together using another pair of wheels which, funnily enough, look just like the pair in the photo. The bikes will be different sizes but, assuming you are identical twins, that won't matter.
  • Throw in some matching leotards & you have a deal. Please deliver to our coach in Essen so he can check it over at (naturlich) the local community centre. Do you take Euro bank transfer?
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Hey! That used to be my bike! Some dodgy Japanese/Korean/Chinese bloke nicked it last time I was in Manchester!

the best one!
  • Aggieboy
    Me & my twin sister would like to practice our kunstrad on it - would it be suitable?

This bike is eminently suitable for kunstrad. Should you wish to take part in 'syncronized kunstrad' I could put a bike together using another pair of wheels which, funnily enough, look just like the pair in the photo. The bikes will be different sizes but, assuming you are identical twins, that won't matter.
  • Aggieboy wrote:

No need to answer twice, we both read the same thing!

The saddle may be too narrow for my sister's style of kunstrad, can you do fittings?
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Can you tell me how much it will cost to post it to Atlanta? In US dollars. I have no intention of bidding on it, by the way.
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    If it's to big for me would you be willing to cut some sections out of the seatube &top tubes&then stick it back together badly so it looked like two bikes stuck together.I believe it's called a bike fit.Of course i would pay a small fortune for such a service.
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    I've noticed you have aero bars attached. Can you also add some aero shapped carboard to the frame to give it an aero design so it is aero and makes the bike go faster without me peadaling as it's aero and makes me a better cyclist as I would be aero. I will pay extra for all the aero bits as it's aero.

Oh and what is the weight? I hope it's at least below 70kg which would make it an aero racer bike and make it really fast without me trying to hard.

Aero
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I was interested, but then I noticed it actually has a cassette.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    By the way, can you deliver it to Swindon in Manchester (just outside Essex)? I'm taking my wife, Tilda Swindon, to the airport on the back of my bike on the way to a club run, as it's her birthday, so I could meet you just outside Swinton. Is that OK, or shall I draw you a map. It's near Birmingham, Alabama.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Aggieboy
    Thanks for all the interest. The bike has now been 'sold as seen',for cash. As the buyer met me personally, to check the bike over, I'm not expecting any problems.
  • Flasheart
    Nooooooo I wanted it sooo much. Say it isn't so
    FCN3
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    When is he going to pay you for it?
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Thanks for all the interest. The bike has now been 'sold as seen',for cash. As the buyer met me personally, to check the bike over, I'm not expecting any problems.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Thanks Aggieboy but I'va just got the bike home and I've noticed that it doesn't have the disc wheels I was expecting but it does have lots of metal discs with teeth that keep catching the chain and stop it dragging along the floor.
    It fits perfectly by the way so please give me all my money back.
  • Aggieboy
    morstar wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Thanks Aggieboy but I'va just got the bike home and I've noticed that it doesn't have the disc wheels I was expecting but it does have lots of metal discs with teeth that keep catching the chain and stop it dragging along the floor.
    It fits perfectly by the way so please give me all my money back.

Could you phone my Mummy and sort this out, please?