Eureka moment - my training IS working

amaferanga
amaferanga Posts: 6,789
I've just realised how far I have come in the past few months. I don't know how much difference having the power meter has had, but I can at least see the improvement and it sure is nice :D

I've been banging out big rides for years (300km rides were quite easy last year), but this year is the first year I've trained properly and I'm a totally different cyclist.

Over 2 rides this week I have set new power bests for 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 60 min and have beaten my previous best average speed on my regular training ride by 1 km/h. My FTP has passed 300W from around 285W back in the beginning of April.

Next race is tomorrow so hoping for a strong ride to back up the numbers.
More problems but still living....

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Well done, mate.
    Good luck for tomorrow :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice one!

Have fun. Win from the break...
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Those are good moments! I hadn't had one in 5 years, but having completely remodelled my training (well, paid someone to completely remodel my training), it's like starting again.

Enjoy and give em hell!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I was struggling to improve at all and I was really getting down about it, it makes you so much happier when you see the improvements.
    The last 6 weeks for me have been amazing!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Nice one!

Have fun. Win from the break...

Tried, but failed (would only have been 3rd at best anyway). Passed by the bunch with only 200m to go :cry:
    More problems but still living....
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I've found my natural level! Mountain domestique for Sportifs ahem...

My mate who rode for Endura last year was determined to set a record time for a sportif he was doing on sunday so I paced him up the penultimate climb and back down the last 8 miles of flat... He averaged 380w on the 20 minute climb I was pacing and had ot ask me to ease off on a steep set of hairpins, when he uploaded it that night he told me we'd done 20s at 630w!

That whole climb was one of those moments, was monstoring myself at 95% MHR and still felt awesome!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent