spooky wood vid

2»

Comments

• dvatc
    dvatc Posts: 86
    cant wait till 25th june, 11 of us from DVATC going to Innerliethen and Glentress for 3 days of mayhem. new camera angles and at least two more cameras between us should make for some good videos. watch this space for new ones
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rallysaloon[/b]#g/u
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    dvatc wrote:
    why is everyone so horrified about drilling two 3.2mm holes in the side of my frame?
    if you look i think you'll find there are holes in most frames for things like bottle cages, cable holders etc and they are all bigger than 3mm.
    And for those who prefer super g, heres the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnG9LGmN60
    Not many lugs thee days, but when there are, they're put where the metal is thicker.
    You've just drilled two random holes in your frame, at a very high stress area (near the head tube)
    I cannot believe you aren't even slightly worried about it.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    peter413 wrote:
    Do you mean Good Game?

Loads of jumps and a few drops

I'm sure it is good game yea!

When you said first climb , the down part takes you over the bridge over the climb, and eventually brings you right out on the Tarmac road to the hub :)

The bridge is on Electric Blue and then the track after that is Good Game and then The Admiral or you can nip down to the end of Falla Brae.

The climb is Dougie Bank and then Cardie Hill and then the Buzzards Nest (the bridge goes over Cardie)
  • militantmandy
    militantmandy Posts: 106
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Cool vids, spooky woods is a great bit of trail, though more pedally than you might initially think. That last descent at innerleithen is an absolute belter though! My thighs were absolutely burning after that one, and not from pedalling!

Just did Inners for the first time there on Sat. Enjoyed it. Definitely more hardcore (and technical) than the GT red route, both up and down. As you say the last section is mega. Very fast, big drops, big brave balls only! Have to say it knocked my confidence down a peg or two after starting to get a bit comfy on the GT red!

Great place though and the view at the top of Minch Moor is just amazing. Also, WHAT A DAY! How awesome is Scotland when the sun is shining!?
  • militantmandy
    militantmandy Posts: 106
    I meant to add by the way, that I think GT is actually more fun!
  • dvatc I've been using my Contour a bit this weekend (mounted same place as yours - minus the bolts!), but find that any shaded areas of trails are quite dark and dont have much as definition as I expected. Do you have a standard lense on yours or have you experienced the same problem before?

• dvatc
    standard lens on my camera, usually set the camera to spot metering which compensates for changing light conditions.
  • egg-banjo
    egg-banjo Posts: 34
    smashing vid, thanks for sharing that, great viewing
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    dvatc wrote:
    standard lens on my camera, usually set the camera to spot metering which compensates for changing light conditions.

Unless spot metering works differently on your camera than all other cameras then I'd be surprised if it gave the best results.

Normally you'd use spot metering in a static scene to isolate a 'middle gray' tone (such as green grass or blue sky) which should then give you a balanced exposure. I would have thought that evaluative/matrix metering would give better results where the tones in the scene and light levels are constatly changing.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    rudedog wrote:
    dvatc wrote:

Unless spot metering works differently on your camera than all other cameras then I'd be surprised if it gave the best results.

Normally you'd use spot metering in a static scene to isolate a 'middle gray' tone (such as green grass or blue sky) which should then give you a balanced exposure. I would have thought that evaluative/matrix metering would give better results where the tones in the scene and light levels are constatly changing.
    I think the reason he finds spot metering more successful is because mountain biking tends to take place in forests, which are fairly dark. However, every now and again you will see the bright sky, so the camera averages the metering, underexposing the trail.
    If you're using spot metering however, and the camera generally stays pointing at the ground, then the trail should be exposed properly, although the sky will occasionally burn out. Burning out the sky is of less significance than losing detail in the trail
  • dvatc
    as above :wink:
  • dvatc
    Bit of a random post, but who cares.......Off to the Isle of Man tuesday, for the TT and taking my camera and bike for some on board footage round the island, but you have to check out this video of fellow mountain biker Guy Martin doing his day job. Go for it Guy!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8a2_3nl2Ng

:shock: