Do you think Floyd Landis is telling the truth about Lance?

124»

Comments

• rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    Thats the joy of cycling, you have to except that its a tainted sport.

Mothyman wrote:
    ...I am new to following pro cycling...but I get the impression we all assume a decent number of cyclists are using something and yet we all continue to watch the races enthusiastically..... I am struggling to get into it because every race seems tainted.....
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:
    Lightning wrote:
    Lance was tested more than anyone and they never caught him. If Landis is telling the truth, someone has been covering up test results.

Or the tests aren't very effective unless they're targeted. Their limitations have been widely documented. And there's no test for transfusing your own blood.

And as to 'tested more than anyone' - that's proven nonsense. The sprinters get tested the most because they win the most.
    Just found time to browse a bit.? (so another point that may have been missed)
    'tested more than anyone'. How the hell can that be.
    He only rode serious races for about 6 weeks and the rest of his time he was on his own little planet with small races which avoided such tests. (never mind the documented money involvement)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    I assume he is speaking about 'out-of competition' testing ie where the testers can unexpectedly drop by to a pre-nominated location/time.

We only have his (Armstrong) word for that unless figures have released by all the various anti-doping organisations.
  • jenine
    jenine Posts: 22
    any one that goes as fast for as long, at his age is on drugs...he is a cheating basterd i have always said that...now it seems its true!!!
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    I assume he is speaking about 'out-of competition' testing ie where the testers can unexpectedly drop by to a pre-nominated location/time.

"I want to give you an example, something I've never spoken about except to the police up until now. It concerns one of the four Spanish Laboratories credited by the UCI. This laboratory who is in charge of sending the "UCI" vampires (doctors)to take the samples during the Vuelta and other races is the same lab that's in charge of the doctor visits to the cyclists, they follow the cyclists and give them the stamp of approval on their licenses. The owner of this clinic, a renowned hemotologist, called Walter Viru, who is one of the doctors for Kelme to alert them the day before the uci vampires were coming to take the samples from the cyclist. And he did the same thing with Del Moral, the doctor for the U.S. Postal team and then Discovery, a good friend of his."

http://www.multriman.com/news/riendechange.pdf
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    One day the truth will all come out.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    What makes me pig sick about all of this is Pat McQuaid's role in all this. He said anyone who comes out with all this does not love the sport ? what about sporting integrity Mr McQuaid eh ??? so he's just going to brush it under the carpet again and let all the cheating barstewards win and the halfwits in the UCI can line their pockets with cash.

Quote ! McQuaid on irish sport show - we will take anyone money relating to the fact Armstrong donated £88.000 for a new testing machine... Feck sake thats like someone saying the next time you test me make sure you accidently smash the bottle - How can anyone TRUST this shower at the UCI after this. - it's an old boys closed shop. We should start a Petition to get Christophe Bassons or Simeoni as the new head of the UCI
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    One day the truth will all come out.

I think it's out there now. Just the dopers and those with their heads buried firmly up the back door deny it :?

A frequent poster on here only last week was making a ridiculous defence of Valverde, It seems to me that there are 3 groups. Those that dope and everyone knows it, those that we're suspicious of, and those that are regarded as clean.

The first two probably all dope, and about three quarters of the last group. But then again it's all very depressing at the moment so I'm probably over stating.
  • msw
    msw Posts: 313
    Get yer heads out the clouds and smell the coffee (or caffiene). There is no human on earth who can beat someone charged on EPO, particlarly in a 3 week stage race, whose not charged themsleves.

Come on, you *know* that's not true. Think of a rider in last year's Tour who you believe to be clean; doesn't matter who. Are you really saying that *every* rider who finished below that rider on final GC was also clean?
    "We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    We should start a Petition to get Christophe Bassons or Simeoni as the new head of the UCI
    Or even better Patrice Clerc. That would be poetic justice indeed. :wink:

What we've done in the book is basically look at the way cycling is now operating, and the influence Lance Armstrong is able to achieve within the operation of the sport. Pierre and I believe Armstrong's influence is very significant.

AS: Is this in regards to Clerc being pushed out of the ASO?

DW: Yes, a big change has happened in the ASO where they went from being the organization that was leading, right at the forefront of the anti-doping movement in professional cycling to, in our opinion, an organization that has accepted that doping is an integral part of the sport, and by highlighting the problem, you only damage the commercial viability of the sport. They've taken a cynical view, they were hurting their bottom line by focusing so much attention on the doping problem. Changes were made, and people who were leading that charge were ousted. The ASO is taking a much more pragmatic view now, of how to run the Tour de France.

AS: Is it the Amaury family that's behind this?

DW: Yes. They got into discussions with the UCI, and the outcome of that just wasn't good, in our opinion, for the anti-doping movement.

http://velocitynation.com/content/inter ... avid-walsh

The last of three shoes fell about an hour after the AFLD's invitation hit the wires. L'Equipe published official word that ASO director Patrice Clerc had been fired. The sports conglomerate owns the Tour, numerous other cycling races and sporting events, and L'Equipe itself.

Clerc deeply mistrusted the UCI and was loath to make peace after the two bodies severed ties earlier this year following ASO's exclusion of the Astana team from the Tour. UCI chief Pat McQuaid subsequently went over Clerc's head to the widow of the ASO founder, with skiing legend Jean-Claude Killy acting as a go-between. An accord that will bring organizers of the Tours of France, Italy and Spain back into the UCI fold was signed two weeks ago. Meanwhile, Marie-Odile Amaury has installed her 32-year-old son in Clerc's place -- for the time being.

"It's something I shouldn't comment on," McQuaid told ESPN.com Wednesday. "It's an internal Amaury decision. All I would say [to Clerc] is 'goodbye,' and you can read between the lines if you like."

Conspiracy theorists will see Armstrong pulling strings in all this as revenge for the Tour's snub of his once and future director Johan Bruyneel and many other friends at Astana, the team he is joining. A couple of weeks ago, rumors circulated that Armstrong wanted to buy the Tour. Chances are that Clerc's beheading has more to do with the long-standing fight between ASO and the UCI, as well as some noncycling financial issues, like the recent foundering and forced relocation of the Paris-to-Dakar road rally. Tour director Christian Prudhomme, LeBlanc's successor, was just as strident about Astana, and he kept his job. But as if anyone needed a reminder, we are back to the days of Six Degrees of Lance, a churning cottage industry in which everything that happens in the industry can be traced back to him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/c ... id=3621096
  • Gazzetta67
    Interesting to see the wiggins twitter seems to be broken - yet he had enough to say on the Ricardo Ricco subject and his stance on drugs :D
  • eltonioni
    eltonioni Posts: 82
    As much as I'd love to believe that Lance is superhuman the conversation that I had with a friend of an IOC committee member about positive American tests being poured down the lab sink make me think otherwise. If, as I heard, the French do have some old samples in freezers it will be interesting when and why they decide to release them.

Some athletes have better doctors than others. Some sport leaders are better politicians than others.

Personally I reckon that it's now at the point where we might as well make certain drugs legal and move the sport and sport science on positively instead of kidding ourselves that it's somehow purer to pretend that pretty much everyone isn't at it.
  • Gazzetta67
    God save us - just when you thought it couldnt get anymore worse - you only have to put on this afternoon's Giro and guess what pops up yes Planet up it's own arsenal armstrong....anyone watching the Tour of California would have heard that NUGGET carlton kirby give a well balanced view NOT !!!!!!! come back duffield this prat is a joke.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    There seems to be a fanboy resurgence - the deniers and sceptics are creeping up! Maybe we'll find it's all the flunkies from Armstrong's retained PR agency casting their ballots under different pseudonyms. There was a real hoot on Cyclingnews when one of LA's sycophants was rumbled.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • itisaboutthebike
    itisaboutthebike Posts: 1,120
    I'm surprised there are any people on this forum who think LA hasn't used PEDs , I can understand it among people who don't know much about the sport though .

Unfortunately the majority of people who read C+ know jack sh*t about pro bike racing, and are niave enough to think Pharmstrong hasn't used PED's.