Do you think Floyd Landis is telling the truth about Lance?

Comments

• huuregeil
    huuregeil Posts: 780
    PS If landis has his training diaries to substantiate this, as he claims he does, this will stick!
  • antikythera
    antikythera Posts: 326
    JoeBond wrote:
    I am angry with Landis here, I believed him when he said that he was innocent and that the French had fitted him up. ....

Isn't he admitting that he was doping, just not with what he was being accused of...?
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    afx237vi wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Lightning wrote:
    Lance was tested more than anyone and they never caught him. If Landis is telling the truth, someone has been covering up test results.

Or the tests aren't very effective unless they're targeted. Their limitations have been widely documented. And there's no test for transfusing your own blood.

And as to 'tested more than anyone' - that's proven nonsense. The sprinters get tested the most because they win the most.

And the US track and field athletes are tested way more than any other sports people. At one point, I think the actual most tested athlete was Marian Jones. And we all know how clean she was.
    Also Carl Lewis 'never' tested positive whilst competing

On A human level I'm glad Landis has got this off his chest, just hope he's up to the battle ahead. I would really like to see JV man up and tell us what he knows, I will genuinely lose a lot of respect for him if he chooses the easy route.
  • JoeBond
    JoeBond Posts: 20
    JoeBond wrote:
    I am angry with Landis here, I believed him when he said that he was innocent and that the French had fitted him up. ....

Isn't he admitting that he was doping, just not with what he was being accused of...?
    He is now, but he wasn't. Can't believed I bought into all this stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk/Positively-Fals ... 1416950230
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    JoeBond wrote:
    JoeBond wrote:

He is now, but he wasn't. Can't believed I bought into all this stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk/Positively-Fals ... 1416950230

I'm confused, I've seen loads of people say "I believed him then, but not now! Oh no siree!"

Do they not believe he doped or do theynot believe that anybody else is implicated or is it simply once bitten twice shy?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • JoeBond
    One bitten
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    JoeBond wrote:
    Can't believed I bought into all this stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk/Positively-Fals ... 1416950230
    You should have bought this book instead...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lance-Landis-In ... 034549962X :wink:

Also worth a read...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16226502/Lanc ... ng-History
  • JoeBond
    from Wikipedia: "During 2006 and 2007, Landis is believed to have raised about $1 million from the “Floyd Fairness Fund." He appealed to supporters to donate "anything they could" to help him pay his reportedly $2 million legal bill, while vigorously denying his involvement in doping."

I was one of them
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    For me Landis is bitter and spilling bile like this won't do him any favors at all. I think there is more to this and it'll involve $.

Of course on this forum I think most would love it to be true.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    JoeBond wrote:
    from Wikipedia: "During 2006 and 2007, Landis is believed to have raised about $1 million from the “Floyd Fairness Fund." He appealed to supporters to donate "anything they could" to help him pay his reportedly $2 million legal bill, while vigorously denying his involvement in doping."

I was one of them

Sorry to say it - but I'm not sure if you were a fool back then for believing him when he said he was innocent (and actually contributing to his legal fund) - or a fool now for NOT believing him and his current claims.

A positive test is a positive test. Especially when it comes at the end of an unbelievable and superhuman day.

You are obviously upset because someone you believed in has admitted after all this time that he was lying and you feel let down. The truth hurts. But it IS the truth.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Landis was good at playing the victim card and he relied on anti-French sentiment to drum up support. He hired a convincing legal team to use arguments that might have attracted even more people. If people wanted to believe him, that's fine. I can see why many were duped. Only molecules don't lie.

Every cycling fan gets duped, it's the same as children believing in Father Christmas. One day you grow up.
  • Av it
    Av it Posts: 105
    cougie wrote:
    I am amazed that people still think lance could be clean. He beat all the other dopers - how could he be clean, and why would people keep coming out to say that he'd doped if he hadn't ?

+1

I've been looking at this all day and WOULD like to think lance is clean

BUT

He beat blokes who where smacked up on EPO. I asked on the PED tread how much EPO boosts you got a link and the report said 6-9%.

So if you think LA is clean, you think he is 6-9% better than a PED up worldclass rider. THAT MAKES HIM SUPERHUMAN

And the fact that his samples have had EPO in them passes everyone by why? Even the scientists at the UCI have said there is no scientific doubt as to the presence of the EPO in his samples.

Its just that the evidence couldnt be used. not that it was dodgy or tampered just not able to be used.

There are links to this all over. Apart from that i believe he may smoke bloke
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    SunWuKong wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Lightning wrote:
    Lance was tested more than anyone and they never caught him. If Landis is telling the truth, someone has been covering up test results.

Or the tests aren't very effective unless they're targeted. Their limitations have been widely documented. And there's no test for transfusing your own blood.

And as to 'tested more than anyone' - that's proven nonsense. The sprinters get tested the most because they win the most.

And the US track and field athletes are tested way more than any other sports people. At one point, I think the actual most tested athlete was Marian Jones. And we all know how clean she was.

On A human level I'm glad Landis has got this off his chest, just hope he's up to the battle ahead. I would really like to see JV man up and tell us what he knows, I will genuinely lose a lot of respect for him if he chooses the easy route.

are you saying Lewis tested positive after he stopped competing ? Sorry don't know this story but just like Lance I know there are rumours around lots of athletes , Usan Bolt for one
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Kléber wrote:
    ...believing in Father Christmas. One day you grow up.
    Not Santa as well?!? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    ju5t1n wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

Santa has never tested positive, it is just "bitter loser" Kleber smearing him because he didn't get a wool world champs jersey one year.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Kléber wrote:
    Where's the book deal?

Even if there was a book deal, it would be so libellous that it would never be published.

Therefore there can be no book deal.

Landis has been touting this to plenty of publishers and it was a matter of time before one took him up.

Will try to find the name of the publisher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,866
    JoeBond wrote:

I was one of them

then we are not going to take any of your analysis or opinions as a well thought through

seriously dude you actually sent him money and thought he was innocent!

and now your opinion on who is and who isn't lying is supposed to carry weight!

come on.....

I wouldn't put it past Landis to Bu11sh1t details and even fake up evidence like his training diary but the gist of it..ie he and LA were part of a systematic doping program I believe.. I wouldn't be surprised if Landis isn't caught out in a lie either

Landis is an Idiot IMO...but the people who sent him money...! and then expect to have their opinions respected!!!!!!!

those people are on a whole different level of stupidity

what do you think of your self?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • JoeBond
    Thanks Midi, what a kind and thoughtful welcome to the Bikeradar forums
  • SunWuKong
    sherer wrote:
    SunWuKong wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Lightning wrote:

are you saying Lewis tested positive after he stopped competing ? Sorry don't know this story but just like Lance I know there are rumours around lots of athletes , Usan Bolt for one
    No he tested positive 3 times whilst competing however US Track and Field wrote to him each time (once before he knew he had tested positive) to say that it must have been an erro ron his part in taking some contaminated supplement. My point being that governing bodies are happy to cover things up when it suits them. No rumour BTW.
  • carbonfiend
    carbonfiend Posts: 475
    Lance is filthy but they are all and if you dont believe it then you are very nieve. It comes with the territory and is so rooted in the culture its gonna be decades for it to change if ever. TBH suprised I havent heard any rubblings about Cancellara either - theres an old saying in pro cycling 'if it looks too good to be true its because it is'
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'
  • SunWuKong
    Lance is filthy but they are all and if you dont believe it then you are very nieve. It comes with the territory and is so rooted in the culture its gonna be decades for it to change if ever. TBH suprised I havent heard any rubblings about Cancellara either - theres an old saying in pro cycling 'if it looks too good to be true its because it is'
    Are you joking? We all KNOW he rides a motorbike!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    JoeBond wrote:
    Hey, he was a bit harsh. The forum is usually a reasonable place, and full marks for the honesty in admitting you donated to Landis.

But a lot of fans are having their patience tested once more!
  • carbonfiend
    carbonfiend Posts: 475
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'
  • mididoctors
    JoeBond wrote:

your welcome

cheer up ... your eyes are now open
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Av it
    JoeBond wrote:

your welcome

cheer up ... your eyes are now open

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • mididoctors
    Kléber wrote:
    JoeBond wrote:
    Hey, he was a bit harsh. The forum is usually a reasonable place, and full marks for the honesty in admitting you donated to Landis.

But a lot of fans are having their patience tested once more!

tough love
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    SunWuKong wrote:
    No he tested positive 3 times whilst competing however US Track and Field wrote to him each time (once before he knew he had tested positive) to say that it must have been an erro ron his part in taking some contaminated supplement. My point being that governing bodies are happy to cover things up when it suits them. No rumour BTW.

Thanks for the info. This is why I have said before it is ridiculous that the national associations do the testing. Why would they convict a world star who can make them a fortune
  • Av it
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    Lightning wrote:
    Well, I'm sorry but I don't believe "beating all dopers" makes you a doper. Doping doesn't turn you into a superman. It gives you an advantage, but if you don't train as hard, or aren't as good naturally, you still won't win.

I just don't think it's right to assume he's a doper unless he gets caught. I obviously have my doubts (as I do with other riders), but until proven wrong, I think he's clean. Otherwise, I'd basically be saying "hey, that guy won the tour plenty of times, he's a doper". What's even the point in winning that way?
    How much of an advantage do you think it gives you?
    How much is the difference between first and last in the TdF (in percentage terms)?
    Do a search and find which is greater....
    Do you think the variations in training are all that significant? Why? How? With all the information I can get as someone who's faintly interested, do you think you can get more than 1 or 2 &% on me with access to all legal methods? If so tell me why & how, please.
    No-one' assuming he's a doper. People have considered & weighed the evidence. You've merely offered an opinion (which contains both factual & logical errors). You're welcome to your opinion, but without evidence or facts, it remains just that. I'll stick with the facts, thanks!

FACT his 1999 samples contained EPO
  • seward4or5
    seward4or5 Posts: 79
    ju5t1n wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

Santa has never tested positive, it is just "bitter loser" Kleber smearing him because he didn't get a wool world champs jersey one year.

How do you think Santa gets round to deliver presents to the whole world in one night? Superhuman I tell you! :wink:
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    I'm surprised there are any people on this forum who think LA hasn't used PEDs , I can understand it among people who don't know much about the sport though .

LA is some kind of hero to a lot of people , they don't want to believe bad things about him
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools