Woman on a grey Trek Madone, Kennington road this morning

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
You were riding a grey Trek Madaone, you had on Pearl Izumi bib shorts. You had long black hair, a black and white specialized helmet and white leather gloves with the palm bit in black. Your bike had toe cages and you were wearing trainers. Your bike had a 105 front crank, 105 brake calipers and an Ultegra rear derailer.

You were riding through Clapham, past Oval, along Kennington road between 7.45am and 8am. You then headed along the Cut.

I was the black guy on the Kuota Kharma. You told me to pass you at one stage, I did. At the lights I looked back, I think you smiled.

You have a great pedal technique.

You push a big gear.

Hello.

[/img]
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• navt
    navt Posts: 374
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You were riding a grey Trek Madaone, you had on Pearl Izumi bib shorts. You had long black hair, a black and white specialized helmet and white leather gloves with the palm bit in black. Your bike had toe cages and you were wearing trainers. Your bike had a 105 front crank, 105 brake calipers and an Ultegra rear derailer.

You were looking at the bike?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:

You were riding through Clapham, past Oval, along Kennington road between 7.45am and 8am. You then headed along the Cut.

I was the black guy on the Kuota Kharma. You told me to pass you at one stage, I did. At the lights I looked back, I think you smiled.

You push a big gear.

Hello.

[/img]

She'd read the etiquette thread and thought pervert... your sweating and panting wont have helped :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Dude, that's my Mom!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Pervert.

She clearly has no taste anyway:

1: She rides a Madone
    2: She rides a Madone with toe clips and trainers
    3: She smiled at you.
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    navt wrote:
    You were looking at the bike?

Hahahahah. Classic response. I'm going to print that and frame it. That's what I call "art".

:)
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Pervert.

4. She ASKED to be passed.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2010
    Pervert.

I take issue with the latter part of point two. Despite the toe clips she put ('a whole heap of') "pepper" down on the road. As for the big gear, she had a double, like mine, and didn't get out of the second to last (maybe third to last) rear cog. She was also in the big ring.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Pervert.

1. :lol:
    2. :lol::lol:
    3. :lol::lol::lol:
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    She was also in the big ring.

She's a tranny?! :shock:
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    Pervert.

There is nothing, I repeat nothing wrong with a Madone.

However I agree with the toe clips and trainers thing, if you have a Madone you should go clipless.
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    CdrJake wrote:
    Pervert.

However I agree with the toe clips and trainers thing, if you have a Madone you should go clipless.

+1 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't think it was possible to get on a Madone with trainers, the carbon must have been weeping
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    CdrJake wrote:
    Pervert.

Mmmmmmmmm - clipless 8)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Pervert.

Madones are rubbish, aren't they? No-one riding one has won the Giro or the Vuelta or the Tour on it.... .. :lol: I'm not going to argue with 2 or 3 though!!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DonDaddyD wrote:

You push a big gear.

Hello.

[/img]

Welcome to cycle commuter dating .com
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Early stage triathlete. FACT.

You, OTOH, are an early stage dirty old man. Anyone would think it's spring time all of a sudden. :P

Oh, wait a minute...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Ok. I'll buy the "there's nothing wrong with a Madone" line.

But isn't it a bit like having a really, really well spec'd top of the range Ford? :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    DDD were you writing all this down in a notebook or did you just take a picture for later reference.?
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    did anyone else feel they had stumbled onto the personal ads? :oops:

DDD, blk strght male, cyclist, GSOH, seasoned thighs of steel WLTM DDF female, long blk strght hair, lady madone type WSI in bikes 4 LTR n miles n miles of smiles :wink::lol:
    FCN = 4
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I thought you had a girlfriend DDD :o
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • salsarider79
    salsarider79 Posts: 828
    Is this what is meant by speed dating?
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221
    MTB-Idle wrote:

DDD, blk strght male, cyclist, GSOH, seasoned thighs of steel WLTM DDF female, long blk strght hair, lady madone type WSI in bikes 4 LTR n miles n miles of smiles :wink::lol:

Heh. I read the original post and thought "Dude, why don't you just embroider your phone number into the seat of your shorts?"
  • CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    gabriel959 wrote:

Having a girlfriend doesn't stop a man from window shopping.
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    itsbruce wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:

Heh. I read the original post and thought "Dude, why don't you just embroider your phone number into the seat of your shorts?"

DDF? WSI? LTR?

Is LTR lord of the rings?
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    itsbruce wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:

DDF? WSI? LTR?

DDF: Thought he still had one (though not if she sees this thread perhaps!). WSI: Perhaps MTB-Idle meant WSD (as in this). LTR: pass....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221
    itsbruce wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:

DDF? WSI? LTR?

Disease and Drug Free
    With Similar Interest
    Long Term Relationship
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    CdrJake wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Having a girlfriend doesn't stop a man from window shopping.

true though thats maybe getting into kicking the tires maybe....
  • mtb-idle
    itsbruce wrote:
    DDF? WSI? LTR?

Disease and Drug Free
    With Similar Interest
    Long Term Relationship

Those are correct bruce (although I had to google them not being a frequent browser of, nor having to write personal ads myself) :oops:
    FCN = 4
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    itsbruce wrote:
    itsbruce wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:

DDF? WSI? LTR?

Disease and Drug Free
    With Similar Interest
    Long Term Relationship

Jaysus... :shock:

They're new to me, and I've dabbled in interweb dating.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    disease and drug free...

clucking bells! what the feck dating sites might that be an issue on....
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • mtb-idle
    disease and drug free...

clucking bells! what the feck dating sites might that be an issue on....

well, when i searched for 'personal ads TLA's' and clicked on the link my anti-virus software started going crazy so yes, they probably were dubious sites....
    FCN = 4