Greenflies

sheffsimon
sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
Jeez, seemed to be a plague of greenfly of biblical proportions on chaingang last night.

Glad I had me specs on.

Comments

• You're not wrong there - biblical indeed

Where were you riding? I got covered on my way up the Horseshoe pass. Must have swallowed my bodyweight of the little beggars...
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I came back home after Sundays ride, covered in tiny caterpillars!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I've been wearing a buff over my nose and mouth the last 2 outings; not conducive to smooth pedalling action if you inhale something when you're gasping for air going uphill.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Ha I drove from London back to my parents in yorkshire last weekend and you could write your name in the greenfly collection on the front of the car!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Just keep your mouth open, saves a fortune on energy bars
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Kind of

The winged adults are generally dispersing cos they've run out of food / space. I imagine for the optimum 4:1 carb to protein ratio you should keep your mouth shut when riding, but stop and lick a few sycamore leaves where you'll find an abundant supply of fat, sweet, wingless aphids.
  • JimmyK
    JimmyK Posts: 712
    i got a greenfly right in the eye on my ride this afternoon, belfast had its fair share of the little toerags
  • d4evr
    d4evr Posts: 293
    @s.

Honestly at one point it was hard to breathe!!!!! :cry: