SW London Clubs

airbusboy
airbusboy Posts: 231
Evening,

I'm currently looking at joining a cycling club and could really do with some help finding the most flexible one. I live in SW London (Clapham), and currently work a very varied roster/shift pattern; unfortunately 70% of the time i work weekends which gets in the way of most sat/sun club rides....Are there any club runs/training rides which would suit a weekday rider??

Any advice/recommendations would be truely welcome

ATB

AB

ps. sorry if this is in the wrong section.
'Ride hard for those who can't.....'

Comments

• bikeav8or
    bikeav8or Posts: 77
    Are you a "nigel" ?
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    bikeav8or wrote:
    Are you a "nigel" ?

???

To be a little constructive
    1. CTC Cheam and Morden have regular Wednesday rides of various standards
    2. SWRC have midweek rides but there is no website info and I suspect it is rather irregular - hopefully one of their stalwarts will disabuse me of my impressions.
    3. the 40+plus group rides regularly according to their website

My direct experience is limited to CTC C&M - I rode with them once about a month ago and enjoyed.

If you have a regular availability you might try starting a thread dedicated to that specific day.
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • bikeav8or
    He'll know what "nigel"means ......trust me
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Or a hostitute? :wink: No offence meant. :D We should get our own forum.........!

PP
  • bikeav8or
    There's a small group of Nigels that meet once a month in Surrey for a 3 hour road ride plus lunch. The date is chosen by the most popular day off in that month, we arrange via emails.

Ride speed is 15-17 mph average, and an age range of 30 to 55 ish. There's usually 4 of 5 of us.

I'm sure more would be welcome as long as you can put up with pilot speak and bike chat.

Cheers
  • airbusboy
    airbusboy Posts: 231
    Apologises for the delay in response.

Yeah i'm a Nigel, how did you guess.... :wink: I'll PM you shortly bikeav8or... sounds like a good....

gbs thanks for the advice i'll look into them..

I noticed a mass gathering of lycra in Richmond park on a wednesday, any ideas
    if those guys are a club??

Regards
    'Ride hard for those who can't.....'
  • bikeav8or
    check pms airbusboy