Backpack or Other?

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Camelbaks have great build quality, and the bladders seem to resist going mouldy much better than cheaper option - but there's no reason to avoid saving money.
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    egg-banjo wrote:
    Are those camelbaks easy to clean?, i mean the bit that holds the water?

Ride. Drink. Home. Rinse. Freezer. Repeat :)
  • egg-banjo
    egg-banjo Posts: 34
    Thanks guys, took in all your info and advice, had a long think about the riding i will do, and went for a back pack, Vaude juicy , i can get my spare tube in there, pump, patches, puncture repair kit and other bits and bobs, could even get a small bottle of water in there to top up my bottle on the frame if needed, thanks for your help.
  • Am I the only one that can not get my head around having to carry something on my back when i have a perfectly good bike to do all my carrying for me? :wink:

I use a Topeak beam rack and top pannier - never has any problems with it even on the bumpiest terrain
  • mickus
    mickus Posts: 199
    found this in tesco

for that price you could almost buy one for every trip :P

In all seriousness though, in what way is this going to be bad? Is it worth it for a casual rider who rides only a couple of times per month?

I might dander down to tesco tonight and see what they are like...

EDIT - after a little looking around I found this. seems like a nice pack.
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    Am I the only one that can not get my head around having to carry something on my back when i have a perfectly good bike to do all my carrying for me?

Technically you're still carrying it... ;)

The bike seems to handle a lot better if I keep the weight on my back instead of on the bike. Not sure if this make sense though...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    ^^^^ What he said, I notice the wieght less on my back, a proper pack with the two verticle, two horizontal straps is very stable and you can carry a lot of weight without noticing it or it moving around