Sicily Trapani

Gavin Cook
Gavin Cook Posts: 307
Has anyone got experience of riding around Sicily (Trapani) ? I am going there this summer with my road bike.

Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Not ridden there, but I've done the tourist thing. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to ride there actually - the Sicilians are completely psychotic behind the wheel of a car. People routinely overtake on blind mountain bends and stop signs appear to be considered completely optional. Even in the town itself cars don't so much follow each other as jostle for position.
  • Yemble
    Yemble Posts: 28
    Likewise I've toured around the North West coast by car but I thought at the time it'd be great to do by bike. Looked like good quality tarmac on the major routes.
  • stonehouse
    stonehouse Posts: 222
    Italian driving is awful, but they do appear to be careful around cyclists (for the most part).

They will still come far closer than you will feel comfortable with, it's just the way they drive, scared the life outta me that's for sure. Their roads have taken a battering over the winter too, not the smooth comfortable rides I would have liked. Still great fun though glad that I did it.