Lower back issue?

KillerMetre
KillerMetre Posts: 199
So, I've noticed that when Im pushing hard on a hill or flat, whilst my legs feel like there putting in effort my lower back does too.As if my back is under pressure is the best way I can describe it.

This is forcing me to stand earlier than I'd like to alleviate the feeling of pressure on my back.

Have you guys got any suggestion what could be the problem.Like saddle height etc.?

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Saddle height, your position over the bb, reach to the stem.poor posture/flexibilty/pedalling technique. It could be any or all of these and more.
    M.Rushton
  • bhickey
    bhickey Posts: 49
    I had similar problems and couldn't tie it down to any particular reason. I visited a physio who recommended deep tissue/sports massage which has since worked wonders. I try and get a session every 6 weeks or so (fully body, not just my back) or more frequent if I am doing a lot of cycling or eventing. This, plus a series of post cycle stretches he recommended has really helped. Session cost is c£35 and you'll notice a real difference after a couple of sessions. Worth a shot if your problems don't go away....?
  • JGS
    JGS Posts: 180
    Tight hamstrings and quads can adjust the position of your pelvis in relation to your back. This means that you start to compensate for the lack of natural stabilisation and usually causes pain. I'd recommend seeing a physio like the previous poster said, and start stretching religiously. There's a good article on the front page of the site about stretching and you'll be amazed at the difference!