Riding Glasses

2»

Comments

• Thing is... I have a broken nose, I have a lump of bone sticking out at the bridge meaning its a pain to get glasses that fit well :(

oh and I never took my glasses to gisburn....got a fecking fly in my eye on the very last bit of trail :(
  • I know what that feels like - a massive fly hit me in the eye when I was riding once, nearly knocked me off my bike :shock: Crapped myself! I've worn glasses ever since.

Have you tried any with an adjustable nose thing? That might work - My bolle safety specs adjust quite a lot, more than my Oakleys and way more than those DHB things (they sit wonky on me because I'm er... a bit wonky :roll: ).
  • smiler666
    smiler666 Posts: 23
    yes i wear a pair of safety glasses i aquired from work just waiting for a pair of tinted ones to be left lying around then they are mine lol :)
    giant yukon fx1
    claude butler ravana
  • vengeance111
    vengeance111 Posts: 137
    my friend once had a metal pole go right through his eye and he was walking around this dark forest blind in one eye until he stumbled across a house a tried to get help but it turned out the guy in side the house was a mad surgeon who turned him into a human centipede.

thats why you should wear glasses 8)
  • Dr S
    Dr S Posts: 146
    Cost a bajillion quid but look cool and don't fog up.

What more could a man want?
    Kona Kula Supreme, the hardtail
    Scott Spark 20 the softtail
    Cannondale CAAD9 the roadie
  • Dr S
    Dr S Posts: 146
    Cost a bajillion quid but look cool and don't fog up.

What more could a man want?
    Kona Kula Supreme, the hardtail
    Scott Spark 20 the softtail
    Cannondale CAAD9 the roadie
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    I did use the Bolle glasses but when the lenses got scratched I got some DHB ones from Wiggle. The lenses do fog up sometimes but they clear very quickly.
  • neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    I almost always wear glasses

Bloc Shifter or Aldi specials
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    More Bolles here, BL10s, they work well and they don't make me look like Bono, which is pretty damn important. Also I lose a pair about once every 6 weeks so it's nice that they cost £2.99 :lol: Don't wear them all the time but it keeps mud and water out of my eyes and also sometimes helps stop them running on colder days.

Oh, for anti-mist, another recommendation- Nikwax Visorproof. A bit expensive but a bottle lasts forever and it's fantastic stuff. Also stops water beading on the lens which is very helpful. Washing up liquid works well but it can soon lose its effectiveness on a bad day.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Yet more Bolle glasses here as well :lol:

Actually Northwind gave me them when I forgot my proper riding glasses but liked them so much I now use them instead.

They are quite scratched up though after my last crash so get us another set would you North :wink:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Why not, when i give you the Soul I'll give you a lifetime supply of free glasses too ;) Keep trying.

(does show how much taste matters though, I hated that pair but they obviously suit you perfectly)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I've got a couple of pairs of 8 quid bolle's off the ebay, they do whats needed of them and are comfy, cant really ask for more than that
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • SG-22
    SG-22 Posts: 11
    After reading the horror stories in this thread I've just ordered myself a pair of bolle BL10's off ebay, I dont really like buying things before I've tried them out but at £4 you cant really go wrong!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    +1 for Bolle but then they've scratches on so it impairs my vision so don't wear them anymore
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • pidism
    pidism Posts: 32
    I have a set of Madisson's with interchangable lenses. Brilliant. £30 quid and 5 years old. Still going strong. Wear the orange lenses 90% time.
    Recently bought a couple of sets of glasses from ALDI during their most recent bike gear offer. They are great also. £4.00 per set. My local ALDI still have some in.

On nice sunny days I do treat myself with my special OAKLEY Radars. Fantastic but bloody expensive. :D
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    I bought a cheap set on her last year with clear, dark and yellow lenses.

Tried the yellow lenses today for the first time... WOW.. the world becomes exceptionally clear and bright.. awsome..
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Northwind wrote:
    Why not, when i give you the Soul I'll give you a lifetime supply of free glasses too ;) Keep trying.

(does show how much taste matters though, I hated that pair but they obviously suit you perfectly)

They do, ain't to dark in the darker bits but ain't to light in the light sections :lol:
    I just wish I could find some persimmon ones :(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Generally tend to wear them, either if it's sunny enough for shades or otherwise moving fast enough to get mud, dust, bugs and whatever in my face as they always manage to home in on my eyes. It's worse if you wear contacts like me, and after having a tiny bug get stuck in there and it got infected :shock:, it's glasses for me. Has to be wrap around enough to keep the crud out.

Just went cheap with Madison d'arcs. Handy interchangeable lenses for clear, sunglass and low light (yellow).

Not bad, except they're all scratched up from chucking them in the bag and also when the lenses rub against each other in their pouch.
  • Bikehawk
    Bikehawk Posts: 102
    +1 for glasses every ride. Use Spiuk Ventix and never had problems with fogging.