• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    You're not supposed to accept!!!

Raincheck to 2011?

Edit: Phew! Saved :D
  • itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221
    it's gotta be said....MTFU.

and that's coming from a woman, who cycles to central London at 6.30am.

I've been cycling in shorts and gilet, mostly without gloves, for weeks now. twas only the snow in London that brought out the long trousers.

I'm with you on that. Shorts and a lightweight top is all I need in this weather - cycling generates enough heat.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    daviesee wrote:
    South is down - FACT :wink:

Derbyshire is the South Riding of Yorkshire - FACT

I will have to remember that on Sunday when I am heading South up Schehallion :wink:

I will be joining you.... well somewhere behind....

Heard we should prepare for hail, and snow on the run. Thinking of bringing along the studded tyres..... :shock:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • cyclopsbiker
    cyclopsbiker Posts: 516
    CW - that was aimed at CyclopsBiker, not you :)

and it's UP my way ya Southern Jessie :D

I'm from up't north in the sticks so know what cold is. I lived in a place with no heating electric or a roof (ok so I exaggerate)....but I do know coldness. some people are just ridiculously nesh.

@itsbruce - thanks for the support. cycle faster or harder and the temp soon gets too much for me. in fact I'm dreading it getting warmer cos I'll be overheating! :lol:
  • Mike400
    Mike400 Posts: 226
    I was in Northern Ireland yesterday, and went out for a ride around 0630. The fields were white with frost, but the sun was shining brightly and it was a lovely time to be out on a bike :D
    *not in blo0dy shorts mind!

Its the place to be!

Bloody windy this morning, so much so that my normal average (average average?) commute speed dropped from 15.5mph to 12mph.

And yes I was in shorts. Bloody freezing too, and it looks like its raining outside now.

It was warmer last month than it is this month :s
    twitter @fat_cyclist
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I wish it would hurry up and get warmer. After some time off this return to the cold, windy winter weather isn't helping to motivate me to get back on the bike :(
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Next week guys...................(allegedly) :wink:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    An additional advantage of drop bars is that you can hide from most of the wind.

I have been wearing my Montane Featherlite trousers over my shorts this week. Very light and windproof. Keeps the nether regions warm enough without overheating.