issues at wiggle

lugsey2k5
lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
edited May 2010 in MTB general
any one noticed and problems with stuff from wiggle this week.
ordered a track pump on sat night and iv only just got an email saying its been processed. normally wiggle items are here by now.
any one else had issues?

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    They're too busy rolling around laughing at the "BE WARNED!!!" thread...
  • exactly the same, ordered a saddle, pump and repair kit on sunday night and only got the email today, tis abit annoying tbh, as i know the stem i ordered from CRC arrived yesterday and was orderd the same day. odd stuff
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    i had the same from them order only just processed late today
  • elcani
    elcani Posts: 280
    Ordered Sunday, still waiting! Highly unusual.

Also only just today received an order they apparently sent on Saturday. Again unusual, although could be Royal Mail's fault.
  • ccc
    ccc Posts: 193
    Ordered some stuff from them last week that took a few days to get dispatched, but I placed an order with them earlier at 17:45 and got the email to say the order was complte at 19:05.

Can't argue with that :D
    Eyes on the prize.
  • ScottAspect45
    ScottAspect45 Posts: 158
    Same, very dissapointed actually as I may not receive my order before the weekend at this rate.

Ordered 3pm 10th May
    Processed 9am 12th May
    Shipped Dont know

Dont think I'll be using them again as it's not the first time its taken a while. Maybe I'm asking too much, but I expect quick service from online shops. Wish I'd ordered from CRC, it would probably have arrived on the 11th!
  • i ordered from wiggle cause CRC didnt have the Spoon saddle, and the other 2 bits where abit cheaper, so i am stuck with using them. but yes i agree, i expect them to atleast process it same working day.

Also CRC arent perfect, i did and £275 order with them on a thurs at about 11am, paid the extra for 24hour delivery, and they didnt process it till friday at about 11am, meaning i missed a weekends riding. so by no means perfect, but better than wiggle
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Unless you paid for priority despatch, why are you complaining? Wiggle are generaly better than they say they are going to be with despatch times but on occasion they are what they say they might be, were's the problem,
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    captainfly wrote:
    Unless you paid for priority despatch, why are you complaining? Wiggle are generaly better than they say they are going to be with despatch times but on occasion they are what they say they might be, were's the problem,

+1
  • i ordered from wiggle cause CRC didnt have the Spoon saddle, and the other 2 bits where abit cheaper, so i am stuck with using them. but yes i agree, i expect them to atleast process it same working day.

Also CRC arent perfect, i did and £275 order with them on a thurs at about 11am, paid the extra for 24hour delivery, and they didnt process it till friday at about 11am, meaning i missed a weekends riding. so by no means perfect, but better than wiggle

24hr delivery from CRC takes longer than standard free delivery :wink:

Tis a well known fact :lol:
  • TrueBlueFan
    TrueBlueFan Posts: 12
    I've had similar problems with Wiggle recently. They are normally very good but they have had an 'order backlog' which has meant there have been delays processing the orders. I ended up cancelling and ordering from Evans instead as the lights I needed were urgent (If I wanted to stay alive!)
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    The Wiggle free delivery option gives you FREE DELIVERY on orders of any value except bikes, frames and indoor trainers (trainers can now be shipped overseas and at the same cost as a bike). Free delivery orders may take an additional 2-5 working days to arrive. With bike orders this is available to most of the UK.

If you want it quicker than that pay for it. Or head to your LBS...Wiggle are hardly the cheapest these days. Mine can beat Wiggle prices without even asking for a discount.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    edited May 2010
    Agreed Wiggle do seem to be on a bit of a go slow.

CRC owned them this week by sending me a 'free' water bottle. Pfft Haribo! *spits* :)
  • Hi all

Please accept our sincere apologies for any delays you may be experiencing at the moment with your orders. We make every effort to process and despatch on the day of order, but sometimes - depending on volume of orders - we can take a little longer to process orders.

With numerous cycling events this weekend, coupled with great weather and the summer approaching fast, Wiggle have been hit by a huge surge in orders. We have draughted in resources to help us cope with the increase in orders and are working closely with our suppliers to ensure we supply all the kit you need as quickly as possible. There are no particular delays, simply sheer volume of orders can mean a short delays.

Wiggle offer a "Priority Despatch" service, which means your order gets despatched first. We are still operating our normal postal service within our quoted shipping times, only as you have all been experiencing this week, a little longer than what is the norm. We are just about back on top of the order pile now.

Again, we thank you for your patience and continuing to shop at Wiggle.co.uk
    Wiggle have created this account to address issues raised here whilst using www.wiggle.co.uk For normal enquiries please contact sales@wiggle.co.uk Sorry we cannot respond to unrelated private messages.
    The Wiggle Team
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    With numerous cycling events this weekend, coupled with great weather and the summer approaching fast, Wiggle have been hit by a huge surge in orders.
    Bloody fair-weather bikers :)
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    I like Wiggle but tend to get my kit from Merlin now. Free delivery and it turns up next day.
  • DannyPr
    DannyPr Posts: 6
    Same problem for me, ended up cancelling and ordering from CRC. Was in my hands less than 24 hours later.

Wasn't overly impressed with the response I got from Wiggle when I queried the time it was taking to process my order, courtesy costs nothing. A simple explanation like the one given a couple of posts above would have sufficed.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    mine arrived late this morning after the initial processing delay.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    Ah , this weeks regular bitching about on-line suppliers.
    Well i orded some grips 20 seconds ago and they've not arrived yet :evil:
    shocking service i say ! who can i complain to ?
    :wink:
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    biff55 wrote:
    who can i complain to ?

David Cameron or Nick Clegg... :lol:

Personally, I've not had any issues with Wiggle (apart from them sending me Haribos and me being a diabetic... :wink: ). Even when I ordered the wrong stuff and it needed to be sent back and replaced, their customer services peoples were extremely helpful.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Mmm, not been good for me this time, ordered on Friday, wasn't processed till Tuesday, still not got my order. Not a major hassle but compare that with an Ebay shop I ordered from yesterday afternoon (£ 120 quids worth of tools), despatched yesterday, received today aorund lunch time, less than 24 hrs.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Muddy1182
    Muddy1182 Posts: 146
    Wiggle do say
    Free delivery orders may take an additional 2-5 working days to arrive

If it's desperate, why not use the old fashion method of walking into a shop and getting it there and then?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Muddy1182 wrote:
    Wiggle do say
    Free delivery orders may take an additional 2-5 working days to arrive

If it's desperate, why not use the old fashion method of walking into a shop and getting it there and then?

+1
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Bikevader
    Bikevader Posts: 1
    I cancelled my £ 985 order after waiting a week for it to move past their inbox. They didn't give a toss.

The recession must well and truly be over if they can flick off orders like that without a shrug. Get ready for price increases.
  • bulkydaddy
    bulkydaddy Posts: 85
    I've been having the same problem, waiting 4-5 days before the order is dispatched. I sent wiggle an email explaing that I wasn't impressed and would take my business elsewhere.

Wiggle apologised and sent me a £10 voucher code. I used the code to get money off a computer, which took 6 days to arrive :lol:

Nevermind, happy with that.
    The brave might not live forever, but the cautious don't live at all.
  • TheRevOlutionary
    TheRevOlutionary Posts: 1,176
    I've had plenty of issues with Wiggle this year, so much in fact that I've stopped bothering to look at their website.

Eg: Ordered something in January, and still didnt have it by April. They told me 3 times that they were expecting stock within a week and by April I asked to cancel the order (incidentally got item on eBay 2days later). They apologised and refunded me the money MINUS the voucher i'd used to buy it?! Only when I kicked up a fuss did I get that voucher back. Then tried to use the voucher and the item I wanted was out of stock. Didnt want to go down that route again, so tried to order something else...the next 4 things I wanted to use the voucher for were out of stock (BB, helmet, gloves and grips). They seem to not keep anything in stock anymore, and rely on supply direct from manufacturer to fulfill order requests (maybe the reason for delays?!).

Merlin, Wooly Hat and eBay get my custom now.
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • stumpyjon
    Well I'm still waiting, been over a week. I emailed them yesterday (to be a fair I got a response back very quickly even though it was outside office hours which I didn'texpect), they told me to go check the postie hadn't left my stuff with a neighbour and had forgotten to leave a card. No thankyou, all my neighbours I know would have already delivered it and the ones I don't speak to, I don't speak to. Gotta wait 10 days before they'll accept it's lost on the post. As for using an LBS, I do use mine a lot (and CRC), only used Wiggler as CRC don't stock what I'm after and with their special offers Wiggle were for once cheaper. Still doesn't excuse the lack of delivery though. I used to be a big Wiggle fan but they are now usually signifcantly more expensive than CRC and the service is a lot worse than my LBS.

• antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    They really have slowed down a lot and by all accounts paying for delivery makes no difference. The best thing about Wiggle now is that you can cancel orders easily which I intend to do very soon. It`s a pity cos they used to be quicker and less expensive.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • stumpyjon
    Still waiting.......

• Luke-Dob
    Luke-Dob Posts: 121
    Ordered a set of arm pads and new DH shorts on Monday... Turned up today with free postage.

This has been the case with every order though... Are they really THAT bad as some? *cough* stif *cough*
    "If I Was Falling, YOU BETTER FREAKING CATCH ME!!!"
    6 years riding bikes, 8 broken bones, gravity can be a b**ch
    http://dobby.pinkbike.com/album/My-Bikes-D/