Riding Position Problems

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I wouldn't say any shorter for the stem - but certainly much steeper angle. The effective length is shortened anyway by the angle. Something like 100mm and 40 degrees, or a much higher rise bar.
  • hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    I'm not an expert but looking at you on the bike, it doesn't look too large. One thing that does stand out for me is how bent your wrists are. Your hands seem rolled too far back putting a lot of strain on your wrists. If you roll your hands forward a bit so that your arms form a straight line through your wrists to your knuckles you may find it more comfortable as the weight is now being transferred straight through the wrist to your palm. Try turning your brake levers down some more so they fall in line with your new hand position.
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    Hard-rider, Your right that looks like its the cause of the sore wrsits although Im not sure if that is the way I ride, I think I was rolling my wrists back to keep my upright as I was leaning my elbow against the wall.

To make my wrists naturally straighten up I think I will change the angle of my brakes so that I have no other option but to striaghten up.

Thanks for input.