Giburn forest

2»

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I was chasing my mate through Home Baked till we got to the steps he braked hard nearly bottling the steps but then went anyway. Muggins behind him nearly runs up his chuff slams on hard and ends up going down the steps too slow with all my weight on the front wheel one foot waggling in the air and nearly busting my nuts on the stem cap.

Luckily there was some very hard scenery at the bottom to land on.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    the causeway is the road bit next to the res....you go down onto the road, then back up off it,...then thre's a fire road climb, then the first bit of singletrack through the trees in Home Baked I think.
    Caz xx :ll:
  • ahhhhhhhhh i now where you are :)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Yeah pretty much, homebaked starts after the long fireroad stretch and continues all the way to the concrete bridge on the fireroad over the river. We want to call whatever we build next homebrewed :lol:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • santacrews
    santacrews Posts: 51
    stumpyjon

I,m not sure of any of the names ? i roughly know where by brief description you guys are on about, The bits that stick out for me !

Going over the bars on Hully Gully after clipping the grass right on top of the previous berm i rattled down the gully up the other side and as i leant into the top "TOO LATE" i managed to collect a massive black frainage tube :?

The climb up the quarry and the climbs up after that are technical ! 8)
    I missed the drops ! the ones that are just past the quarry apparently ?
    The long north shore in its natural state is excellent !
    the run between dry stone walls with berms against the walls is good as are all the berms really !
    As i said earlier,

Excellent area, will return again soon !

Cheers....................
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I know most of you know, but Hully Gully has been officially reopenned. It will close again for final repairs but that's likely to be mid week and only for a day.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result