"Just" a MTBer?

13»

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Roads look nice for me car :p may travel there muhaha see how many of you i can take out on my way lol.

:p

:shock:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    i like bikes.... i am an mtber first and formost, but i also ride 20 inch trials, street (a bit... not very well.. lol) and have in the past been into BMX... i also enjoy the odd road training ride... but on an mtb with slicks.. none of this drop bar roadie crap..... :wink:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Each to their own - but anyone who thinks road riding is boring should try an Alpine descent at 40-50mph. Or any one of the major UK descents at 25-30%. With skinny little tyres and very indifferent brakes you will get VERY interested VERY quickly!

I know an Aussie chap who road the Marmotte in 2008, finished in 9 1/2 hours and then finished top 400 in the Mega Avalanche one week later! Whilst I'm not as extreme as him if its got two wheels and is pedal powered I'll give it a go!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    clanton wrote:
    Each to their own - but anyone who thinks road riding is boring should try an Alpine descent at 40-50mph. Or any one of the major UK descents at 25-30%. With skinny little tyres and very indifferent brakes you will get VERY interested VERY quickly!

I know an Aussie chap who road the Marmotte in 2008, finished in 9 1/2 hours and then finished top 400 in the Mega Avalanche one week later! Whilst I'm not as extreme as him if its got two wheels and is pedal powered I'll give it a go!

If he's an Aussie I think that's the Vegemite
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools