OT Hung Parliment!

Comments

• Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    Greg66 wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Now it's clear that people feel that none of the major parties can be trusted in government - i mean cameron with all that money, the support of Murdoch and after 13 years of a terrible New Labour government - and he still can't win. :lol:

You forgot the slanted constituency boundaries.

But I take your broad point. He should have polled 38-40% of the votes, which would have sealed it. Fricking UKIP.

Hardly UKIP's fault although they did rather spoil our Balls/ Portillo momment ( but we did at least get Lembit Opik and Jacqi Smith). It would have been so much simpler for Cameron to negotiate with UKIP at the outset rather than the Rag Tag and Bobtail pygmies he's having to accomodate now. That own goal cost the Tories 21 seats and put the gloss on what was already a pretty good Labour result in the circumstances.

I do like the way they're all talking about strong stable governments... :roll:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    So, what did I miss? :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:
    Gordon Brown, chancellor fair
    Through the ages he's behind Blair

As the old saying goes, you've got to be behind someone if you're to stab them in the back. Brown was always right behind Blair, and yesterday, Mandy was right behind Brown.

Indeed. True friends stab you in the front and all that.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Christophe3967
    cjcp wrote:
    So, what did I miss? :wink:

Obama called Nick Clegg to congratulate him on becoming PM. :wink: The Americans do like to keep up to speed...

Ken Clarke - chancellor.

Lord Lembit Opik of Montgomeryshire - chancellor.

St Vincent of Cable - chancellor.

George Osborne - chancellor.

When the PM remembers the names of the other Lib Dem chancers nobody's ever heard of, they'll be appointed to the cabinet too.

:)
  • cjcp
    :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    What's on the other channel?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    What's on the other channel?
    Same thing.
    And Channel 4.
  • cjcp
    Are the Lib Dem grass-root supporters going to march on Parlt? :P
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • always_tyred
    cjcp wrote:
    Are the Lib Dem grass-root supporters going to march on Parlt? :P
    They are going to sit on the fence outside of Downing Street.
  • tailwindhome
    Has Dave told Nick how he takes his tea yet?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Greg, you must be happy.

Best possible conclusion given the situation I think.

You want the Conservatives stance on International policy and you want the Liberals looking after your life at home. With the Libs being as left wing as they are and the Conservatives being as right wing as they are, we might actually have a Govenment that generally falls completely in the centre. That would be something akin to "political nirvana". (Something Blair, yes I'm saying this, almost achieved in his first term, not second term as Prime minister).

Now all I need to do is make the leap from public/third sector to private and I can live likes its the 80s?

Anyone looking for a membership/marketing officer/manager educated, trained and qualified in marketing, CRM, key account management, event and project management?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg, you must be happy.

Yes. It was pretty addictive stuff, I admit.

I can even foresee a modicum of happiness in the future if Balls gets a kicking (see what I've done there?) in the leadership contest. Labour must resist the path of the perineum from Brown to Balls.
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Now all I need to do is make the leap from public/third sector to private and I can live likes its the 80s?

Anyone looking for a membership/marketing officer/manager educated, trained and qualified in marketing, CRM, key account management, event and project management?

Skip that. Move to Romford, learn how to plaster, then wander round shouting "Loadsamoney!" and "Look at my wad!" in a leery and unappealing way.

Ok, maybe not :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Once again in english? What do you actually do (in layman's terms)?
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg, you must be happy.

Yes. It was pretty addictive stuff, I admit.

I can even foresee a modicum of happiness in the future if Balls gets a kicking (see what I've done there?) in the leadership contest. Labour must resist the path of the perineum from Brown to Balls.

Genius.
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Skip that. Move to Romford, learn how to plaster, then wander round shouting "Loadsamoney!" and "Look at my wad!" in a leery and unappealing way.

Ok, maybe not :wink:

I do want my own business.....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    edited May 2010
    will3 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What do you actually do (in layman's terms)?

I'm trying to decide that at the moment.

Are you a member of a particular club or organisation? Say for example: http://www.bfi.org.uk/members/

The idea is that you take consumer/customer loyalty one step further. A 'member' is likely to be a loyal customer/consumer who is willing to pay, normally in the form of a subscription fee, for benefits that a regular customer would not be entitled to. For example a member may get additional discount or be given priority status, they may be invited to exclusive events or receive an exclusive magazine.

Membership has to be first marketed to the target audience so you need to identify who your target market is and you need to establish their wants and needs so you have something to offer them. Then you need to deliver on these findings, recruit new members and retain existing ones.

I do that.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    So to bring the thread back on course I'm hoping Conservative/Lib Britain shines on me nicely and I can enjoy some vulgar 80s waste like buying a jacket made completely of £50 notes or eating dolphin fins because shark fin is beneath me. I want a car that can be blamed solely for causing the extinction of kangeroos and I want three houses so that the two that are either side of the middle one can be turned into speaker boxes...

I aspire to live like a Greg.... :oops:
    Food Chain number = 4

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    So to bring the thread back on course I'm hoping Conservative/Lib Britain shines on me nicely and I can enjoy some vulgar 80s waste like buying a jacket made completely of £50 notes or eating dolphin fins because shark fin is beneath me. I want a car that can be blamed solely for causing the extinction of kangeroos and I want three houses so that the two that are either side of the middle one can be turned into speaker boxes...

I'm dusting off my double-breasted suits as we speak... :mrgreen:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • tailwindhome
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

The tailors letting out my double-breasted suits as we speak... :mrgreen:

FIxed. No charge
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    The whole thing with Cameron/Clegg is starting to remind me of the Steele/ Owen double act. I demand Spitting Image is brought back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yvda9Ek49Y
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    If this next parliament offers the average citizen nothing else, it will certainly give us lots of good comedy to listen to
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    linsen wrote:
    If this next parliament offers the average citizen nothing else, it will certainly give us lots of good comedy to listen to

Now now, dear, calm down. All that bitterness will just inflame your back.

And that's no way to talk of a Govt that has almost 60% of the popular vote.

<wanders off, whistling innocently... :twisted: >

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • always_tyred
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The idea is that you take consumer/customer loyalty one step further. A 'member' is likely to be a loyal customer/consumer who is willing to pay, normally in the form of a subscription fee, for benefits that a regular customer would not be entitled to. For example a member may get additional discount or be given priority status, they may be invited to exclusive events or receive an exclusive magazine.

Membership has to be first marketed to the target audience so you need to identify who your target market is and you need to establish their wants and needs so you have something to offer them. Then you need to deliver on these findings, recruit new members and retain existing ones.
    What happens if you are intelligent enough to know when you want to be a cutomer and when you don't, and resouceful enough to be able to source what you want when you want it, and are accordingly irritated beyond all measure by being offered things that you might want all the time as a necessary consequence of having once bought something?
  • tailwindhome
    The BBC wrote:
    1224: The political winds of change blew across the country last night and it seems they were particularly chilly ones. According to the BBC Weather Centre, last night was the coldest May night since 1996, with temperatures dropping to -6C in the Scottish Highlands, -4C in Wales and 0C in London.

That's no coincidence

May the Lord have mercy on us all
  • linsen
    Greg66 wrote:
    linsen wrote:

It actually wasn't bitter at all. I am old enough to remember the brilliant comedy opportunities Thatcher and Reagan offered.
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg66 wrote:

I have to ask, why Tory?
    Food Chain number = 4

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    linsen wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    linsen wrote:

It actually wasn't bitter at all. I am old enough to remember the brilliant comedy opportunities Thatcher and Reagan offered.

Funnily enough, I was thinking about exactly that relationship as portrayed on Spitting Image on the ride in yesterday am. That, and the labelling of "Ronnie Ray-gun", Reaganomics (which was what, I wonder?), and Rik Mayall doing his references to "Thatch".

Bloody hell. Doesn't seem that long ago, but it really, really was.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen
    No, G66, it can't have been that long ago. You see, I am still young......

Oh dear, it was indeed ages ago wasn't it?

:shock:
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Referendum on Voting Reform - why are we not getting a choice of what we want to ahppen? Just do you want the staus quo or some convoluted mish mash that no-one will understand.

There should be a choice of all choices, and the most poular be intorduced. It is, after all the will of the people that should be listened to!! Far too much egotistical protection going on.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What happens if you are intelligent enough to know when you want to be a cutomer and when you don't, and resouceful enough to be able to source what you want when you want it, and are accordingly irritated beyond all measure by being offered things that you might want all the time as a necessary consequence of having once bought something?

I hate that too. I don't do that, I don't like to work on the basis that you buy one single item and that's it you want the offer. I want to know if you've used the service before and will use it again. Then I'll try to devise an offer that benefits you.

But I won't plague your inbox, letter box or phone unless you've specified I shouldn't. I'll try to reach you in the least intrusive way.

It's a delicate art and I don't like pissing people off.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Christophe3967
    Just watched the joint press conference...in the rose garden, birds singing. A few one liners. Was that Hugh Grant and Colin Firth skipping down the stairs, with Richard Curtis writing the speech? I didn't have my glasses on.

Expecting Renee Zellweger to be appointed to the cabinet any time now.