OT Hung Parliment!

14567810»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    linsen wrote:
    No, G66, it can't have been that long ago. You see, I am still young......

Oh dear, it was indeed ages ago wasn't it?

:shock:

Spitting Image is some of my earliest memories. Ha!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Referendum on Voting Reform - why are we not getting a choice of what we want to ahppen? Just do you want the staus quo or some convoluted mish mash that no-one will understand.

There should be a choice of all choices, and the most poular be intorduced. It is, after all the will of the people that should be listened to!! Far too much egotistical protection going on.

I'm sorry? What was that? You'll have to speak up a bit.

Oh. You're from Scotland are you?

Oh dear. Well, you see, Sir, we're not entertaining questions from you lot any more. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and all that. :twisted:

[Isn't the answer to your question that the reason is that no party offered anything that broad in their manifestos?

And surely your choice of choices, with the most popular to be introduced, is itself a FPTP system. Surely a choice of choices should result in solution that comprises parts of all the choices, mixed up according to their respective support. Or was that an ironic suggestion? :wink: ]
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I hate that too. I don't do that, I don't like to work on the basis that you buy one single item and that's it you want the offer. I want to know if you've used the service before and will use it again. Then I'll try to devise an offer that benefits you.

But I won't plague your inbox, letter box or phone unless you've specified I shouldn't. I'll try to reach you in the least intrusive way.

It's a delicate art and I don't like pissing people off.

What happens if I inadvertantly forgot to tick, or untick, the little box telling me to tick or untick if I do NOT want to avoid missing the opportunity to be uninformed about opportunities I do not with to avoid not missing?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Greg66 wrote:
    linsen wrote:
    If this next parliament offers the average citizen nothing else, it will certainly give us lots of good comedy to listen to

Now now, dear, calm down. All that bitterness will just inflame your back.

And that's no way to talk of a Govt that has almost 60% of the popular vote.

<wanders off, whistling innocently... :twisted: >

Let's not forget about protest bands... bands like chumbafu<kingwamba etc

balls
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Reaganomics was something to do with the Laffer Curve. It was scribbled out on the back of an knapkin and was supposed to demonstrate that cutting taxes would lead to an increase in revenues through increased economic activity.

http://www.investorwords.com/4052/Reaganomics.html
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I have to ask, why Tory?

Looking at the backgrounds of the Lib Dem cabinet members, it makes me wonder "why just not Tory?".
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • fatgrimpeur
    fatgrimpeur Posts: 55
    cjcp wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I have to ask, why Tory?

Looking at the backgrounds of the Lib Dem cabinet members, it makes me wonder "why just not Tory?".

~Yeah once born, why think?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Just watched the joint press conference...in the rose garden, birds singing. A few one liners. Was that Hugh Grant and Colin Firth skipping down the stairs, with Richard Curtis writing the speech? I didn't have my glasses on.

Expecting Renee Zellweger to be appointed to the cabinet any time now.

Yep, trying to look at it without any political persuasion clouding my view, that was toe-curlingly bad, I was almost sick! Cleggy gazing at him with nothing less than a look of love, he looked genuinely hurt when he discovered Cameron had described him as a joke, but I'm sure big Dave will make it up to him later....
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    So to bring the thread back on course I'm hoping Conservative/Lib Britain shines on me nicely and I can enjoy some vulgar 80s waste like buying a jacket made completely of £50 notes or eating dolphin fins because shark fin is beneath me. I want a car that can be blamed solely for causing the extinction of kangeroos and I want three houses so that the two that are either side of the middle one can be turned into speaker boxes...

I aspire to live like a Greg.... :oops:

I'm dusting off my double-breasted suits as we speak... :mrgreen:

A friend of mine went for his first nice suit fitting at one of the usual places yesterday... he asked the tailor for the 'Tory b@stard look'. Tailor smiled and said 'I know exactly what you mean sir'.

:lol:
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    www.politicalcompass.org

Lib-Dems are not a left wing party, nor are Labour.

If you want left vote Green.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,049
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    *Bump*

(For the craic)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!