Aldi bike gear

Dubzy
Dubzy Posts: 123
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Heads up for bargain hunters - Aldi will be stocking their bike gear from tomorrow, Thursday 6 May. :D
Life's good

Boardman MTB Team

Comments

• Thanks, will have to try those sunglasses since I missed lidls.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Cheers I will get in the queue try and beat all those gits who buy 10 of every size and bung it on ebay
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    anyone had a look at the track pump? what like is the quality? For £4.99 you probably can't go wrong! :D
    It's been a while...
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Graydawg wrote:
    anyone had a look at the track pump? what like is the quality? For £4.99 you probably can't go wrong! :D

I bought one last year and it lasted about as long as a 4.99 pump should last. In my case it fell apart after about 6 months.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • spud-face
    spud-face Posts: 120
    yo, Favourite Colour (and anyone else who cares),
    just for note, some LIDLs still have the glasses in stock - my local one (Cradley Heath) had several sets left the other day. the bike stuff doesn't seem to shift in there for some reason.
  • freddiegrubb
    freddiegrubb Posts: 448
    forget the track pump son, unbelievable rubbish , mine never really worked & a good friend's didn;t . that's why I spent £30 on the joe blow yellow track, pump, simply superb. The clothes are good in fact I'll be there in the morning but watch the sizing they can be a little awry
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Is it proper hard work?! Like running to the shelves and grabbing and fighting for stuff or what?

Going to go along, want a bike computer and few other things.
  • I think it depends which store you go to. Some people seem to find the best stuff gone by the afternoon. I normally find it's there for a couple of days at least, and that's just the stuff in high demand. Computers and whatnot tend to go fast. And rightly so, they're good value!
  • Oxygen Thief
    I'll be outside Aldi in Wallsend at quarter to nine so I should be ok aye?
  • Should be. People are more interested in nicking bikes in Wallsend :wink:
  • Oxygen Thief
    Yeah was kinda thinking that myself! Bet that happens to me! Hopefully the scum won't have come out by then, they'll be in watching their mates on Jeremy Kyle!
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Asda have been selling their Bell computers for about £7.50 the last few weeks.
    Alright if you just want something simple to keep track of the day.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • Dazza78
    Dazza78 Posts: 32
    Just got back from my local Aldi and picked up a shirt, shorts, socks, compression top & shorts and some underwear (alos got the girlfriend a shirt, shorts, socks & gloves) all for a smidge under £50 :)

Doesn't look too bad to be honest...I guess time will tell though :wink:
  • Oxygen Thief
    I was there for 9 not many there really. Got some glasses, gloves, luminous jacket, water bottle and bike computer. £23 or something like that. Bargain!

Can't get the bike computer to work for th life of me though! haha, will try again after work!
  • DomWint
    DomWint Posts: 59
    Just bought glasses, bottle, underwear, 2 x socks, computer, head torch, toolkit and some Haribo 8) for just over £30. Feel like I robbed them.

Glasses look a little cheap, as you would expect but seem OK. Nice tight fit and long stems (?). Come with clear, yellow and black lenses and a nice case.

Toolkit has a little multi-tool and some puncture repair patches and such.

Will have to put the lot to the test this weekend and report back.

If anyone lives in Preston or thereabouts, the Aldi at Deepdale has loads of everything bar the tops/shorts/jackets etc.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Threw the yelloe lenses in the bin straight away! Horrid! haha
  • DomWint
    Threw the yelloe lenses in the bin straight away! Horrid! haha

But what will you do in fog/cloud? :wink:
  • Oxygen Thief
    I'll manage! lol
  • DomWint
    That reckless attitude will get you killed.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Ok then I'll pick them out of the bin when I get home! :lol:
  • DomWint
    Phew! I can sleep safely tonight.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Thanks for saving my life, I owe you one.
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    Had shorts, gloves and glasses myself, had the tool kid from Lidl last week.

Still lots of glasses, bottles, computers and shorts left in Port Talbot one about an hour ago, though there was lots of bikes shopping there at 930 this morning :lol:
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    I quite liked the 'three pints and I'm merry' quality to the light that the yellow lenses give.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Was load of stuff at Blackburn Aldi this morning, no one queueing or barging, coz no one cycles round here so I can get what I need in ease :lol:
    Caz xx
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    Got to Aldi early this morning and had the pick of most of the items.

Bought: Cycling jacket, padded shorts, under wear set, separate padded undies, gloves, socks and glasses - £45 the lot. :D

Very impressed with the quality, much better than Lidl IMVHO, particularly the jacket, shorts and glasses. Even like the colours - I chose the Italian blue jacket.

Well done Aldi.
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • Oxygen Thief
    Wish I'd picked up a pair of padded shorts now! Stupid not to!
  • paully617
    paully617 Posts: 139
    new top, 2 pairs of 3-lense shit deflectors, and a track pump. change out of a £20 sheet!!! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllttttttttttttttttt!
    Trek Remedy 9.8 2013
  • DomWint
    Quality control update: the pop cap on the water bottle is pants - won't stay shut. Only wanted the cage anyway.

Glasses - good
    Underwear - good
    Multi-tool - seems OK, puncture repair kit is patches rather than glue
  • Oxygen Thief
    Mine's fine.