Does No One like Trek ? !

2»

Comments

• cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    I love my Fuel EX8 which is now a year old.
  • JDALY46
    JDALY46 Posts: 21
    My girlfriend got a lot of 'Specialized' related hate on a ride the was supposed to be empowering because she wasn't riding a bike that was 20 years old.
    Really? that's disgusting. :roll:

About the only time I ever got fed up of seeing the same bike everywhere was when we were at Coed y Brenin last year, and all the bikes outside the cafe were Orange 5s, apart from my wolfridge, and a mate's Norco six. It just annoyed me that so many people followed the Orange hype train, and would look down their noses at our rides, purely because we weren't in their (so called) "exclusive little club"

I was thinking the exact same thing with Cwmcarn - more Orange 5's clicking their way around the XC trail than anything else.
    Approach every problem in life like a dog - if you can't eat it or hump it, p**s on it and walk away...
    Trek EX8 2011
    Trek 6300
    Trek 1.2
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    I bought a Trek 9.7 carbon frame second hand and really LOVE it.
    Not perfect, had a few chainsucks but nothing really serious.

About the colour scheme being dull, I quite like too! :)

Just ride the thing and HAVE FUN! :)

And remember if you take good care of her, she'll take good care of you.

Where I ride I don't see many Treks, Specialized on the other hand, are like rabbits on Australia! :P
  • swells
    swells Posts: 10
    Personally I just don't like the name "Trek", or "Giant" come to that. Whereas "Marin" or "Santa Cruz" sound okay. And of course if you want to be really sexy then "Commencal" and "Cotic" and "Cove" and ....well anything that begins with a "C" probably.....

Only one thing to say to that ! ? That can begin with a C as well :twisted: :wink: !! Sorry could'nt resist :shock: Dont take offence tho :lol:
  • matt748
    matt748 Posts: 194
    cgarossi wrote:
    I love my Fuel EX8 which is now a year old.

+1!

Trek Fuel EX8 '09
    My Pics
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    I prefer ridnig over 'Trek'ing :lol:
  • Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    I also have a 2010 Trek 6300 and although I'm by no means knowledgeable when it comes to MTBs, what I do know is that I enjoy my Trek immensely. I think it's a great bike and have no complaints. Don't worry about the snobbery.
    After uphill there's downhill
  • R0B75
    R0B75 Posts: 376
    I very nearly bought a Trek 8000. I didn't because I got a better deal on my Focus Black Forest Pro which is a similar spec. I think Trek mountain bikes are lovely and it surprises me that I don't see many about. I see loads of Trek Road bikes though.

I'm taking my Focus to Cannock for the first time at the weekend, I wonder if there'll be any snobbery or haters... :D
  • AdvoCake
    AdvoCake Posts: 29
    I'm on my 3rd ex8, broke the last one and got a '10 ex9 frame in replacement. I don't know whether it was down to an efficient Trek warranty department or Leisure Lakes trying to get rid of me but I got the frame replaced and my bike rebuilt in 10 days.
    A weld on the seat tube/top tube junction cracked.
    Agree that the tubes feel wafer thin. Sounds like a coke can when you flick the downtube.
  • swells
    swells Posts: 10
    Just like to say thanks to everyone who posted here !! :lol: I like my bike. it's good/works for me, the more I use it the better it gets ! :lol: Strangely I notice more of the small details, the different cross sections of tube in the frame used, good and smooth welds on the aluminium frame, detailing of the decals, some have said its twitchy, I say lively and responsive keeps you interested and awake ! has plenty of options for use, fixing points for dare I say it ! racks !! :shock: for paniers for that all out touring for days if carrying tent etc. good enough when unladen to keep you interested :lol: :idea: If Trek are reading this, you can put the cheque in the post now !! :lol: I'ts been Emotional :D :!:
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    The Hardtails don't get too much attention but Trek's FS bikes are all pretty much at the top of their respective catergories!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Craggle T
    Craggle T Posts: 18
    Bought a Trek 6700 myself not long back,

reason, well to be different if im honest, don't seem to be many about.

looked at various bikes and living in Chester ruled out Specialized, they seem to be everywhere, suppose having a main dealer and a concept store next door to each other doesn't help, even looked at Orange, but came away feeling they were over priced (last bike was an 97 Orange C16R), Giant didn't get a look in, just didn't do it for me.

So we come back to the Trek, really liked the styling, felt nice to ride and i felt comfortable on it, yes the tubes can sound tinny (had a carbon fiber warning sticker on mine? go figure!?) but its not like your going to sit there tapping it all day. Have used mine for getting to work until i get the time to get to a trail.

Love my Trek and my Trek loves me :lol:
    Craig.
  • R0B75
    R0B75 Posts: 376
    Craggle T wrote:
    Bought a Trek 6700 myself not long back...
    Have used mine for getting to work until i get the time to get to a trail.

Love my Trek and my Trek loves me :lol:

It loves you until to take it to a trail and then it will try to kill you. Well it will if you ride it properly :lol:
  • reyrol
    reyrol Posts: 38
    I am a relative beginer, 12months ago i walked into Halfords and came out 20mins later with a Carrera Kraken then i started reading mtb forums,i got the impression that bikes from Halfords are looked down on.However after 500miles mostly on bridal paths i can find nothing wrong with the bike and on my occasional trips to lee quarry (approached by a steep former tramway incline } i have passed many fancy bikes being pushed, & no one can sneer at a bike thats being pedalled past them so ride the bike and enjoy, it dos'nt matter what others may think.
  • Craggle T
    Craggle T Posts: 18
    R0B75 wrote:
    It loves you until to take it to a trail and then it will try to kill you. Well it will if you ride it properly :lol:

I guess i may not be on here long then, i have a habit of pushing things too far :lol:
    Craig.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    reyrol wrote:
    I am a relative beginer, 12months ago i walked into Halfords and came out 20mins later with a Carrera Kraken then i started reading mtb forums,i got the impression that bikes from Halfords are looked down on
    Nothing wrong with Carreras. It's the customer service at Halfords that is usually sneered at. Most of them are bloody awful.
  • inthemicz
    inthemicz Posts: 39
    reyrol wrote:
    I am a relative beginer, 12months ago i walked into Halfords and came out 20mins later with a Carrera Kraken then i started reading mtb forums,i got the impression that bikes from Halfords are looked down on
    Nothing wrong with Carreras. It's the customer service at Halfords that is usually sneered at. Most of them are bloody awful.

Agreed. Thats why I got a second hand Carrera frame from the bay and built my ideal XC bike around it.

Gotta love the guys that need the newest thing, got a decent XC HT with nearly full XTR and hydro discs for under £500 total.

It's amazing to see the faces of all the orange XC riders as you ride past them on a 'Halfords' bike
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    There seem to a be a lot of Fuels around Cannock but it's true that you don't see many hardtails about. But virtually every other roadie round here seems to be on a Trek.

TBH I can't think of many things that would bother me less than lots of other people riding the same bike as me.