Where Did You Ride Today?

glauciaregina9
glauciaregina9 Posts: 259
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Went to Llandegla this morning, nice spring day, just me and my bike

Well pleased with myself - did the black, red and blue runs back-to-back in 3 hours

Black run: felt pretty good
Red run: started to feel pretty fatigued for the last few miles
Blue run: man alive, that was blimmin' hard work...

:D

Really feeling it now though... legs like lead...

Brilliant. That's what biking's all about.
Earn Cashback @ Wiggle, CRC, Evans, AW Cycles, Alpine Bikes, ProBikeKit, Cycles UK :

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stewartmead

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Nowhere - am currently building an Ark and praying to Noah.
  • Gilesw2010
    Gilesw2010 Posts: 121
    Fforest Fawr - near Caerphilly - my local trail.

Testing out the new Commencal.

Had an awesome time. Off to Afan on Monday!
  • Went out on my spanking new Verenti Millock,truly a dream of a bike ,lovely weather for abike ride as well,my route took me out of the urban sprawl and into the hills above Rochdale down into Rawtanstall,up the minor roads to the Burnley_bacup, road down towards Todmorden,stopping off at Cliviger to take refreshments,continued thro Littleboro, past Hollinworth Lake and homeward.Isn"t biking brilliant.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    to work and back
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    just at a local wood. very short ride. going fo a proper ride on monday to delamere :D
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Cragg Quarry inaugural ride (above Rawtenstall just down from Lee Quary). It was excellent. Some days you ride like a complete tool, today was not on of them for me (despite breaking yet another spoke on the final descent). If you're local get up to Cragg, ride it hard and it'll reward you (and make sure you ride the left hand drop at the eastern end, but don't forget to bend your knees at the bottom or your legs will snap).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • chrisdb
    chrisdb Posts: 33
    Did Glentress Red, and back up to do the new Blue descent. First time there and first time ever with SPD so some sketchy moments but wicked fun! :D

Got there early (8:20am) only 2 cars in bottom carpark. Coming back down the place was mobbed - worth remembering as I don't think I'd like it with all those folk - felt like being back in London :?
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    supersonic wrote:
    Nowhere

Here.

Kinda pissed off with myself for not getting out when I first woke up and the sun was still up.... went back to bed till half 11 instead. :S

But my mate wants to get up early tomorrow (6:30am :/) and go out for a 15-20 ride so that'll be my penance.
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    I was heading for Wharncliffe at 5.37am this morning to snatch a couple of hours before the wife had to go to work. It was a beautiful morning too!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    Went to Ae, bit of a let down really. Its my 3rd Stane so far and by far the worst.

Rode the red, part was shut so out of the 14ish miles I'd guess nearly ten were fireroads :?

Still enjoyed getting out on the bike, I just won't be heading to there again!
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    Was, aye. Lol.

So glad I got out early, mate...it's effing awful now!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Fast blast in the local woods this morning to stretch the legs, nothing really very exciting, looking forward to getting a proper ride in next weekend :)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    did a local ride this morning that took in the top section of cwmcarn and then looped back around to my house, did about 15 miles in total, it was bright blue sky when i left and i got home just as it started to rain..result :D
  • welshkev
    did a local ride this morning that took in the top section of cwmcarn and then looped back around to my house, did about 15 miles in total, it was bright blue sky when i left and i got home just as it started to rain..result :D
  • welshkev
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Langsett route. It was okay, but hardly any signs of other riders apart from those pootling around the resevoir.
    loverly weather slightly chilly good for cycling and dry under wheel.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    been on another local xc route. through the woods, by the river and back
  • welshkev
    don't know why it posted 3 times, sorry :oops:
  • ACDCwmb
    ACDCwmb Posts: 225
    Local XC route early this morning, 40miles round the Lincolnshire Wolds, weather great although a bit damp and sticky in places from yesterdays rain.
    [url]uttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3644058624_66a72402ee.jpg/]Hardtail[/url]
  • pauljoes
    pauljoes Posts: 186
    Done the Wall trail over Afan, 1hr 5mins result............the new orange crush climbs weill but coming down is going to take a bit of getting used to!
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • northstar
    northstar Posts: 407
    The "trail" around Richmond park and some commons nearby, really need to get out into surrey.
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • andyp79
    andyp79 Posts: 78
    I'd planned to go to Carron Valley rain or shine and woke yesterday to seriously heavy rain. I went anyway and got soaked to the skin, but I still enjoyed it.

Was tempted to try Glentress today as it's such a nice morning but it'll be too busy I'm sure. Gonna take the motorbike out instead I reckon. :)
    Why so serious?
  • teacherman
    teacherman Posts: 454
    A 40+ mile monster on the North Yorks Moors - Dalby to the edge of Rosedale, across to Goathland, down through Flyingdales and back. Some great varied riding - took about 5 hours. I'm a little fecked this morning.

Weather was beautiful all day 8)
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    This is the earliest i've been up on a sunday in a year! Inners red will be worth it hopefully. Pretty much 12hrs ago I was riding GT Red, so we'll see how the legs go.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Schmako wrote:
    This is the earliest i've been up on a sunday in a year! Inners red will be worth it hopefully. Pretty much 12hrs ago I was riding GT Red, so we'll see how the legs go.

Quoting myself due to it not being my legs which broke. But rather my rear hope pro II splitting down the middle meaning the ride was cancelled after the first uphill :cry:
  • RSV_Ecosse
    RSV_Ecosse Posts: 237
    Carron Valley. My first time off road on an MTB!!. :wink:

Had a few dodgy moments with the SPD's but all in all it was a ridiculous amount of fun for a complete noobie like me. What I do know is despite being a roadie for about 3 years I have LOADS to learn about riding on trails.

Being bank holiday Monday, the car park was mobbed but the trails themselves were pretty clear. Really enjoyed the whole thing, particularly the runway. Kelpies was "interesting". :lol:

Excellent fun, I'm hooked now!!!. :)
    Ethernet (noun): Something used to catch the etherbunny.
    Road : Pinarello FP1 | MTB : Cube Acid 2010
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    ^^ good to hear your gettign into mtbing- tis a great sport :D

went to hydons ball/holloways heath today, just a short ride, around 1 1/2 hours but had great fun anyway, and despite the rain we've had this weekend, it was quite dry.
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    About 22 miles of the local XC routes with a mate. Good good ride. :lol:
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    23 miles up to and along South Downs Way, Sun was out most of the time, stopped for a break only to be buzzed by gliders catching thermals - wonderful lying down in the grass watching these swooping around really low!