Piti bites again

12346»

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    You're right Ms Tree... I've suckled from Valverde's tainted teets and now I'm dirty! Filthy - yuk -yuk - bleugh! Horrible! Woe is me I tell ya... gnash and anguish! I'm donating my PTP points to charity.... sob...

...whimper

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Blimey you're serious aren't you? I may be 71st but at least I know I'm clean! !!! Anyway PTP isn't exactly serious is it, otherwise we would win prizes, and not just prizes but money. (IMHO obviously).

Well - I'm not exactly doing much better than you are (although I did manage to crack the top 10 for a while) - but YES - for many it IS a serious game!! (Obviously not for you).

Is that how you judge things in life - there has to be money involved for it to be taken seriously!? :shock:

I do things for pride and a sense of accomplishment. And PTP is about bragging rights if you win it.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Must only be a matter of time, now, before the UCI shift themselves to act.
    Madrid rules CONI legal.
    http://www.podiumcafe.com/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Madrid rules CONI legal.

Somebody is gonna have to do major reconstruction work on their sig !
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Pokerface wrote:

I do things for pride and a sense of accomplishment. And PTP is about bragging rights if you win it.

Just out of curiosity who exactly do you brag to ? i mean i could just imagine me saying to the missus "hey i just won ptp ! "..........(ok i dont play it but you get the idea )
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Madrid rules CONI legal.

Somebody is gonna have to do major reconstruction work on their sig !

Perhaps he could replace the number of wins with number of months the rider has been banned for?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Pokerface wrote:
    Am I missing something here. Stupid question, but does re-infused blood not give a performance advantage, even if it does not have any EPO? So if the blood in the clinic in Madrid is DNA matched to Valverde, it's intent to dope, so he should serve a 2 year ban.

If it was his blood and there was no EPO in it, it would be easy to say it was just there for analysis, etc.

I suspect it is the presence of EPO in it which is the crux of the matter.

Are you sure that's right? Looks like there wasn't any EPO in Basso's blood.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php ... /may07news
    From memory (and frankly I can't face another sickening trawl through the archives) there was no EPO in the bag attributed to Basso (hence his tack of claiming he was "only thinking about doping") but there were definitely traces of EPO in the bag labelled "valv.piti" - not that the punishment is likely to be any different.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Just out of curiosity who exactly do you brag to ? i mean i could just imagine me saying to the missus "hey i just won ptp ! "..........(ok i dont play it but you get the idea )

I believe Pokerface is Canadian, which means winning anything sports related - even a just-for-fun cycling prediction game on the internet - is a source of major national pride :wink:

FWIW, it's clear that people play the game in different ways. Some people aim to win and pick accordingly, others clearly just have favourite riders who they like to pick and hope do well. I'm thinking Ms Tree and Ridgerider are the two obvious choices in the latter category. It's just a bit of fun at the end of the day and there's no "correct" way to play it.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    afx237vi wrote:
    I believe Pokerface is Canadian, which means winning anything sports related - even a just-for-fun cycling prediction game on the internet - is a source of major national pride :wink:

You're not wrong there!

(Except that I'm an English-Irish, born in Singapore and raised in Canada-ian)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Not for the easily offended. :oops:
    Valverde issued worldwide ban by the UCI
    :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    You got me you tit!

Funny as though!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Blazing Saddles, until I clicked on the link, I thought..........thank goodness, at last, justice.........et cetera etcetera. Must check it on cyclingnews.

How could I be so gullible? This man has no shame, he's going to Carry On Winning for as long as McQuaid is involved in Carry On Governing. And Carry On sums it up, 'cept none of it is funny.

What does puzzle me though is why Samu Sanchez, LL Sanchez, Caontador and so on have no problems being seen with him, even working for him in the Dauphine last year (contador).
    No public condemnation whatsoever- can't remember reading of Sastre voicing his opinion on Puerto, maybe he has.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Tusher wrote:
    Blazing Saddles, until I clicked on the link, I thought..........thank goodness, at last, justice.........et cetera etcetera. Must check it on cyclingnews.

How could I be so gullible? This man has no shame, he's going to Carry On Winning for as long as McQuaid is involved in Carry On Governing. And Carry On sums it up, 'cept none of it is funny.

What does puzzle me though is why Samu Sanchez, LL Sanchez, Caontador and so on have no problems being seen with him, even working for him in the Dauphine last year (contador).
    No public condemnation whatsoever- can't remember reading of Sastre voicing his opinion on Puerto, maybe he has.

hmm. i wonder........
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Tusher wrote:

Well, to be fair, neither were the Carry On films!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    True. :)
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Oh yes they were. Devil's in skirts..... unsurpassed brilliance. Mmmm tiffin :)
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

FWIW, it's clear that people play the game in different ways. Some people aim to win and pick accordingly, others clearly just have favourite riders who they like to pick and hope do well. I'm thinking Ms Tree and Ridgerider are the two obvious choices in the latter category. It's just a bit of fun at the end of the day and there's no "correct" way to play it.

Thanks AFX. :D That is how I play it and occasionally I pick the winner - as you know! No, money isn't the end all and be all - I was being sarcastic to the person you implied that it is serious and that I shouldn't play because I didn't take it seriously. I stand by what I say tho' that I don't pick people -like Valverde however much I like watching him - because they are suspect!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    "Woohoo, Valverde won another race..... Cool.... Thanks a lot Spanish Federation, UCI, and WADA."

From Chris Froome's Twitter feed last week. ...looks like FF is the only person in the world who thinks Valv Piti is clean......
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000