Where has everyone gone?

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited July 2010 in Women
Are there any ladies MTBing at the moment.....?!

It's getting a bit lonely in here 8)
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• Yep, still riding :D

Today I've got the OS map out to hunt for a new local route. It's going to be a mix of bridleways and country lanes. Hopefully, the bridleways wont be overgrown... the landowners around here tend to let them go a bit... on purpose :roll:

I'm going to try it out on friday with my Kona hardtail - she has been feeling a bit neglected lately because the Santa Cruz has seen most of the action :D
  • sassysarah
    sassysarah Posts: 421
    lol..i think everyone is riding thats why they're not talkin!
    Biking whore of Wyre....rides with anyone!
  • Agreed - It's been solid sunshine for the last 2 weeks, got to make the most of it!
  • sassysarah
    sassysarah Posts: 421
    Just about to head out to the Wyre forest for a night ride
    Biking whore of Wyre....rides with anyone!
  • PamPen25
    PamPen25 Posts: 111
    I ain't going no-where!!!!!! (apart from the trails).

Was out at Trosley the weekend. Moving this weekend (Pot-noodle diet for the next year). Bedgebury weekend after and then riding as much possible to work, 7.5 miles.

Still haven't got much to compare since Afan at easter 8)
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I'm still about :D.
    Getting out most weekends and riding to the sables once a week :D
    Finally getting to the point of not relying on the granny gear as much too
    Caz xx
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    My biking activities were curtailed last weekend due to collecting our new car, but I've started commuting to work, and I'm off to the Peaks next week! \o/
  • Satu
    Satu Posts: 51
    I'm here, too!

Getting ready for the Dyfi Enduro this weekend -- after that I'm afraid it's back on the road bike because our Land's End to John o'Groats trip is approaching rapidly...

S.
  • miss notax
    Yay :D

Nice to hear from you all and great that ladies are still out riding!!

We had a fabulous ride in the New Forest last night - great weather and some brilliant singletrack 8)

Bring on the rest of the summer :D:D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• Still riding but up here in the North. As everyone on here seems to be in the south,also been going on shecycles and BM riding with some of the people of there.
  • sparrowlegs78
    I'm a northern lass :D..t'other side of the pennines though :D
    Caz xx
  • PamPen25
    Still riding but up here in the North. As everyone on here seems to be in the south,also been going on shecycles and BM riding with some of the people of there.

Where are all you ladies located?

It seems we're lost in a crowd of guys on this site so it's harder to keep up with all of you!

I'm in nortth/north west Kent. Not many big rides around but we cope.
  • sparrowlegs78
    I'm from Blackburn in Lancashire..............ak the hobbits armpit of the UK :lol:
    Caz xx
  • Hey like the rest of the ladies been making most of the weather :D
    I am based in Isle of Man, but recently joined a social group ride at bedgebury when visiting relatives in kent which was fun :D enjoyed the different terrain and the hills were a lot easier :lol:
  • miss notax
    I'm based just outside of Southampton, Hampshire, in the New Forest :D

I go over to Kent on business fairly regularly, so maybe next time i'll bring my bike PamPen25?!!

• MrsMoo
    MrsMoo Posts: 22
    I live in Warwick which is really rubbish for mountain biking, but try to get out for rides in the Wyre Forest & round Shropshire and Wales. Am also planning a ride on Exmoor in a couple of weeks.... have walked there loads but not yet riden a bike there, so looking forward to that!
  • loulead
    loulead Posts: 7
    Hi, I've been on the bike every weekend too - couldn't not in these amazingly sunny weeks. But now its grey and raining again, I'm back looking at the forum again. Sorry should check in more often and contribute more too.

I live in Shropshire near the Welsh border so fortunate with plenty of hills to climb (walk up pushing my bike) and whizz down - the best ride ever should you get there is near Macchynleth - the Climax (or is it Climach) trail - totally wonderful, virtually empty and a huge 1000 ft downhill at the end which is just glorious fun.
  • PamPen25
    miss notax wrote:
    I'm based just outside of Southampton, Hampshire, in the New Forest :D

I go over to Kent on business fairly regularly, so maybe next time i'll bring my bike PamPen25?!!

Sounds great. Let me know when your up for it next.

Everyone seems quite spread out. We need more chicks on here!!!! 8)
  • I'm in W Wales, tried my new route the yesterday - I took a wrong turn though and it ended up a bit shorter than expected :lol: Think I've got it sussed now, so next week I'll have another go and get it right! Dare I say it... but I think I would have enjoyed the ride more on my full susser, so I'll be trying it with the SC next time.

Work tomorrow :roll:
  • lovewales
    lovewales Posts: 411
    I've been out on the bike also and very busy at work.

As for geographic info I'm in North Derbyshire.
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • bartiebat
    bartiebat Posts: 97
    Haven't been out since hubby broke his collar bone on the Marin here in N.Wales 4 wks ago, hoping to put that right this weekend though :) How does that climax/ch route compare to the trail centres difficulty wise? I need both wheels to stay on the ground! :)
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    Hello my lovelies!

My mum died in May last year which knocked me for six then I had a slipped disc from November to March.

Not to mention I get really frustrated at having to wait so long between posts :X

It's been a long year :(
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bartiebat
    I did the Climachx a few weeks ago, it's not particularly difficult, there's nothing that you can't slow down for and roll over. Some of the black section was tricky, but it was all level or uphill, and it was technically difficult in the same way that riding up 3 or 4 stairs is. It might be difficult on the bike, but you'll be going slowly and it's no problem at all to just get off and walk for a few yards.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    I wish I had been out on the bike lately!!

I suffered quite a bad hand injury snowboarding, which was worse than I originally thought, and have been out of action a good 3 months now :(

Seeing the consultant next week so going to ask for an estimate of when I can ride again. Waaaaaahh I miss it!
    My usual thing is just to go out and do it anyway, but with an injury this bad I really need to be good and take advice!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • miss notax
    Glad to hear that everyone is still out and about, but sorry to hear that some of you have been having a tough time of it :(

MissBint37 - definitely take it easy! My other half broke his wrist and hand after a bad crash a few years ago, and probably got back on the bike too soon in the Alps of all places :shock: It didn't end well and two hours into the holiday he was back in hospital with a broken thumb and other injuries.... I think evern if an injury is just about 'ok', your body compensates for this and you end up injuring other parts instead :?

• poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Hi

I'll post for my partner, she's on the Nott's/Derbyshire border, just done a ride around Hathersage didn't see another female, something we remark on every ride we do. Tend to see more at the local trail centres, Sherwood Pines and Cannock. BTW, she smokes the guys on the climbs!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • smallred
    smallred Posts: 73
    Hey - I never noticed the women's bit before! I'm in East London (Hackney). Any other Londoners??
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Kona Lisa HT
    Specialized Tricross Triple
  • miss notax
    Hello ms poppit and smallred :D:D

• Hi, I loiter on here occasionally but haven't posted much yet. I'm Leeds based so do a lot of my riding in the Dales, Lakes and Wales. I'm still a relative beginner - only got my first mountain bike a couple of months ago - but I just signed up for the Grassington MTB half marathon at the start of July so may well be on here more scouting for tips.
    Small fat weak punter
  • sparrowlegs78
    Hi, I loiter on here occasionally but haven't posted much yet. I'm Leeds based so do a lot of my riding in the Dales, Lakes and Wales. I'm still a relative beginner - only got my first mountain bike a couple of months ago - but I just signed up for the Grassington MTB half marathon at the start of July so may well be on here more scouting for tips.

ohh ohhh ooohhhhhh I'm going to Grassington tooooooo..the 25km one though lol
    Caz xx