Big G Grimpeurs des Wolds (East Yorkshire)

2»

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,475
    great event again.

they even added a bit at the start to make it up to the full 100miles by using some more interesting roads than last years opening 10-15 miles. shame that i missed a turn and added 3 miles on though, otherwise i was happy with how i rode. the missed turn was entirely my own fault, i knew i needed to turn but for some reason never. then when i went back the sign was clear as day.

great event on friday in beverley town centre as well, which resulted in ed clancy becoming the new national crit champion
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Hals1967
    Hals1967 Posts: 231
    This was my first sportive and I thought it was just excellent.

Route was great, even enjoyed dodging the sheep on the road near Thixendale ! plus some hard climbs (Nunburnholme at the end was a killer but felt great when I got to the top).

Well organized, great feed stop quality, great banter en route and yep, the pie and peas were extra welcome after the ride.

Hats off to the organizers, marshalls et al.

Will definately be doing it again. :D

1967 Engine
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Hals1967 wrote:
    Route was great, even enjoyed dogging the sheep on the road near Thixendale ! :D
    :wink:

I rode the Big G last year and it's my favourite Sportive to date. Didn't see any sheep though!