Overtraining

slunker
slunker Posts: 346
Benn going well all season and managed a few top 10's in racing recently. But at the start of last week I did my clubs training run and got dropped half way round (never happens) Anyway I put it down to an off day. Had a race yesterday and got dropped after 4 miles!!!!! First time ever.

My legs feell if they are burning really early, they are fine on the flat at moderate effort but when the effort or inclines rise the legs burn like mad and there's nothing there.

Anyone else suffered from this??

Also suffering from headaches, is this common in overtraining???

Comments

• Jaeger
    Jaeger Posts: 439
    I know the feeling, when you just cant push it hard, despite having lots of aerobic capacity left.

For me it usually means taking a couple of days off to let the legs/muscles rest and repair.
  • smithy1.0
    smithy1.0 Posts: 439
    Take magnesium/calcium supplements and rest up a couple of days.
  • slunker
    If it is over training would other muscles suffer from fatigue?? Was doing a bit of DIY and noticed that my arms were also tiring easily
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    ZZ Top.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    ZZ Top.

Took me a while, but i get it :)
  • slunker
    Are headaches common with overtraining??
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    slunker wrote:
    Benn going well all season and managed a few top 10's in racing recently. But at the start of last week I did my clubs training run and got dropped half way round (never happens) Anyway I put it down to an off day. Had a race yesterday and got dropped after 4 miles!!!!! First time ever.

My legs feell if they are burning really early, they are fine on the flat at moderate effort but when the effort or inclines rise the legs burn like mad and there's nothing there.

Anyone else suffered from this??

Also suffering from headaches, is this common in overtraining???

Likeliest is you are carrying a small infection - virus or cold bug. Or perhaps a bit of poleln allergy? Both would potentially cause headaches and general lack of 'go' in the legs!
  • slunker
    got my blood tests back today and the doctor asked if I had been fasting (no way). Anyway it turns out I have low blood sugar in my system and have to eat more..........

I have been eating normal and looks like I will have to eat more chocolate, bummer!!!! :D
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    slunker wrote:
    got my blood tests back today and the doctor asked if I had been fasting (no way). Anyway it turns out I have low blood sugar in my system and have to eat more..........

I have been eating normal and looks like I will have to eat more chocolate, bummer!!!! :D

Ram a few mars bars down you.