Confused - Please Help

2»

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    If we keep the calculations simple. Anyone argue against this (keep in simple, please).

It takes 3500 calories to burn 1lb of fat, therefore the original poster lost 4lbs so 4x3500 = 14,000 calories required to burn 4lbs.

If I cycle (at 15mph with 75kg body) I burn approx 600 calories per hour. So, for me to burn 4lb of fat off I must have cycled for 23.3 hours (350miles). (and this includes no food intake during that period).

You missed off the additional 2500 calories burnt by your body everyday just living. The exercise is over and above that so he can eat.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Just wanted to thank everyone for your input here, looking back it does seem to always go where I have 1 great week and 1 slow week, I ended up with a 0.5lbs loss, so here is hoping for big things this week.
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • gb155
    First off, Thanks again everyone for your advice, there are some bits that I hadnt even thought of so will learn from this.

Secondly it does seem I have proved to myself that my weight loss goes in 2 weekly cyycled, Yesterday I had dropped 0.5lbs in the previous 7 days, however after yesterdays commute (27.6 Miles) I have dropped 2 lbs (Consistant with how my weight loss has worked inthe past) so will report back and see how it goes this week but I suspect I now have my answers

Thanks Again All

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Gaz - I find that mixing up the speed and intensity of my commutes and training *in addition to* eating less seems to help me lose a bit of weight.

It's contrary to the whole ethos of SCR, and I'm sure to be marginalised for saying this, but building steady rides into the commute helps - it also gives me more for any weekend rides.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • gb155
    cjcp wrote:
    Gaz - I find that mixing up the speed and intensity of my commutes and training *in addition to* eating less seems to help me lose a bit of weight.

It's contrary to the whole ethos of SCR, and I'm sure to be marginalised for saying this, but building steady rides into the commute helps - it also gives me more for any weekend rides.

Hi CJ, gotta agree with changing up intensity to help the weight loss.

I have been riding longer, slightly slower rides for the last few weeks, today was just 15 miles but boy I kicked hard :D the loss from yesterday spurred me on I think.