Your bike has been stolen.

2»

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I can answer this one. Had mine stolen late 2008 or early 2009 (it was ages ago)

Eventually got it back and was excited at the time. It just didnt' feel the same so I sold it and bought my current bike.

plus I was a bit worried the person who bought said stolen bike would see me and attempt to mug me in a most violent manner :oops: (the frame is in spain so no worries there)
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    P-Jay wrote:
    I love both my bikes, but with the hypthetical insurance payout (without some financial restrictions this is just a why dream bike do you want thread)..

No, its like a "if you could turn back time and rebuy/rebuild your current bike, would you do the same?" but more realistic then time travel. :wink:
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    RealMan wrote:
    P-Jay wrote:
    I love both my bikes, but with the hypthetical insurance payout (without some financial restrictions this is just a why dream bike do you want thread)..

No, its like a "if you could turn back time and rebuy/rebuild your current bike, would you do the same?" but more realistic then time travel. :wink:

Ooooo, I see.

Yeah, as above then slightly less blingy DH bike I ride once in blue moon, and slightly more bling trail bike that I ride a couple of times a week.
  • trip
    trip Posts: 64
    I'd keep my meta 5 pretty much as it is. Maybe new tyres and go tubeless.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i do love my felt but it can be a little cumbersome up the climbs, i'd go for something a little more xc orientated, possibly a stumpjumper fsr or a lapierre zesty 314 :D
  • boneyjoe
    boneyjoe Posts: 369
    Always go for an upgrade in this situation. The thought of some thieving bastard riding about on the same bike (for free) is just too much to bear. You are better than him so your bike should be better too. :wink: The Scott Scale is excellent, but I'd love to give full suss a shot and go for the Spark.
    Scott Scale 20 (for xc racing)
    Gary Fisher HKEK (for commuting)
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    maybe swap the lobster for a soul with 100-140 forks (if you can still get them). maybe. I've got rather fond of the thing...
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    a custom zesty when i could eventually afford it, so basically what im buying later in the year 8)
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    Oh in that case (i.e. choose a bike you maybe should have bought instead of what you did buy) I'd probably go for a long travel hard tail. Transition TransAM, SC Chameleon spring to mind.
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    Not sure what I would buy with the insurance cheque. i would however really enjoy going to all the local bike shops, looking and trying. I know what i wouldn't buy so thats easier. Probably start with a trip to my lbs and see what they have and could do for me. Then I would go to Evens for a larger range to view, edinburgh cycles would get a visit and then a few of the smaller shops. Ultimately I would be looking for a 100-120mm f/s aprox £1700 (ins+20%).
    I would also borrow the lbs owners hub geared bike and give that some carefull consideration.

I really like my Cube ams so i would be happy to have another one. Maybe sort out a deal for slx/xt shifters, so I could take the stupid gear indicator thingy off.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Nothings more fun then ordering stuff and ripping open parcels with shiny bits inside.

Especially nice light wheels. A massive box which feels like its empty. Love it.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    RealMan wrote:
    Nothings more fun then ordering stuff and ripping open parcels with shiny bits inside.

Especially nice light wheels. A massive box which feels like its empty. Love it.

its like christmas isnt it :lol: i remember when i bought my frame, i thought crc had just sent me a box, same with my rev's actually 8)
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I'd replace my Handjob with the same frame and wheels but get a better fork (Fox F100 maybe) and try to find matching brakes and finishing kit rather than the random hodge podge currently in place.

My Heckler would give way to a Blur LT I suspect (its an old Heckler so travel is less than a Blur LT anyway!).
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.