Bahati being deliberately taken out in a race

13»

Comments

• BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    edited May 2010
    Rugby League does not seem to adhere to your analysis either. The clubs fans have the same traits as football supporters in their tribal-style devotion and their reaction to their rivals but guess what happens when they meet up before, during and after games?
    Perhaps it is because the sort of right-wing nutters who are prepared to 'extend the logic' of their tribalism into violence have historically been more attracted to football?

Then again...

Fan violence leaves Rugby League reeling

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 41052.html

Leeds triumph tainted as fans riot

Scintillating Challenge Cup semi-final is marred as unruly Hull supporters engage in pitch battle

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gene ... 23199.html
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Hey! as a right-of-centre nutter and rugby league fan... I resent that! :lol:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    That proves it then, the first time since 1944 that there's been crowd trouble at a RL game - these damned tribal instincts! :lol:
  • disgruntledgoat
    I think extrapolating an early rounds Challenge Cup tie between a 3rd tier team and an amateur side to the game being attractive to "nutters" is a bit of a stretch. Fin dme a sport that's never had a problem.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    To be fair to the French football hooligans, they were quoted as saying that they were just happy to be there and to be fighting, and that they didn't really care if they won the fight or not...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • disgruntledgoat
    So in 10 years you've found 2 reported incidents?

Can you find another team sport with a similar record?

@gietvangent
  • BikingBernie
    edited May 2010
    So in 10 years you've found 2 reported incidents?

Can you find another team sport with a similar record?
    I didn't actually search in detail. I just noted the first couple of hits in Google. In answer to your question, how about Netball? :wink:
  • BikingBernie
    DaveyL wrote:
    To be fair to the French football hooligans, they were quoted as saying that they were just happy to be there and to be fighting, and that they didn't really care if they won the fight or not...
    :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    DaveyL wrote:

Whereas the Yanks would obviously have doped themselves up to the hilt in an attempt to win but the authorities would have protected them and not told us that :wink: